Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage (1805 Views)

I Can't Install Play Store On My Gionee Phone / My Gionee M5 Mini Showing Invalid IMEI / Please I Need Urgent Help With My Gionee Marathon M5 Plus, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 8:02am On May 08, 2017
Help me gurus in the house. My Gionee m5 phone does not see USB storage anymore. I've tried many USB cables. Those USB cables see other phones and not mine. please help.

Also the alarm settings doesn't allow me to select any song I like for alarm, it's just on default. These 2 issues just started recently.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by SuperSuave(m): 8:11am On May 08, 2017
would have said it's the USB cable but since you said you've tried several cables I don't really know. You should know that Gionee phones select cables a lot, I have like 5usb cables at home after the follow come spoilt.

you should check your USB debugging menu in the settings too
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 8:16am On May 08, 2017
SuperSuave:
would have said it's the USB cable but since you said you've tried several cables I don't really know. You should know that Gionee phones select cables a lot, I have like 5usb cables at home after the follow come spoilt.

you should check your USB debugging menu in the settings too

Can you give me step to step guide on how to do this?
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Chstel(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2017
if you have really try all these and no good outcome check your settings closely and if still no good outcome, reset your phone to factory set.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by SuperSuave(m): 8:23am On May 08, 2017
Betmaster3:

Can you give me step to step guide on how to do this?
go to your device's settings, go to the 'developers option', you should see 'usb debugging' and it should be ticked.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Kondomatic(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2017
You no show am well
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by oppybouy(m): 9:09am On May 08, 2017
Lol. M5 selects cables a lot. I ve bout 4 cables at home. Some would charge it, but it would take forever to fill up. The thing get as e be.

But am still crazy bout the phone though.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 7:45am On May 11, 2017
Kondomatic:
You no show am well
Show me how i can get it working again. Thanks
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 7:46am On May 11, 2017
SuperSuave:
go to your device's settings, go to the 'developers option', you should see 'usb debugging' and it should be ticked.
I did that but it's still not working.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by AjoOfia1: 8:44am On May 11, 2017
sell it grin
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by giftedben: 9:36am On May 11, 2017
Do you mean if you connect it to your personal computer. If so, when you connect do you see the Android robot logo at the top left corner of your screen.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by godunia(m): 7:01pm On May 11, 2017
Take it to their office. They will change the USB port. It happened to my M5 that's how I fixed it, big for nothing phone.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by chinex01: 8:05pm On May 11, 2017
call me and I will tell u what to do don't HV energy to type pls
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 11, 2017
chinex01:
call me and I will tell u what to do don't HV energy to type pls

Your phone number
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 11, 2017
giftedben:
Do you mean if you connect it to your personal computer. If so, when you connect do you see the Android robot logo at the top left corner of your screen.
If I connect it, it'll just be charging without seeing USB storage as before
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by giftedben: 10:41pm On May 11, 2017
Betmaster3:
If I connect it, it'll just be charging without seeing USB storage as before

Connect it again. Look on the top left of your phone screen. You will see an android robot logo. Click on it, select Mtp, and also select USB debugging. Wait for a few seconds. And you will see USB storage.
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by honsule(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2017
Betmaster3:
I did that but it's still not working.

happened to me. i did lots of stuff, change cable.Format the phone, it wasn't impressed. I finally tried it on my boss Laptop, and the storage displayed with same original cable that came with the phone. i was flabbergasted.

i decided to format my laptop with immediate alacrity and bingo, the storage displayed. cool cool

My advice, try it with another pc wink
Re: My Gionee M5 Doesn't See USB Storage by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 12, 2017
honsule:

happened to me. i did lots of stuff, change cable.Format the phone, it wasn't impressed. I finally tried it on my boss Laptop, and the storage displayed with same original cable that came with the phone. i was flabbergasted.

i decided to format my laptop with immediate alacrity and bingo, the storage displayed. cool cool

My advice, try it with another pc wink

I've tried it on 3 laptops and it's still not showing

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Xclub Giveaway / The Future Is Here With Esim / Nokia 6 2018 – Full Specs And Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.