Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251013 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 10:49am On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for your feedback dear. I don't think that was the issue. They dont expect me to do a masters in my BSc field, because if I had done that, then study gap will be an issue. I had my BSc in 2008, I've been working as an analyst since 2011, is it not reasonable or rational that I get a masters degree that is in line with my current job, especially when I have a study leave.

foreverkind1:

Sorry to hear this bro, but I think the main problem is you going for an msc that's not related in any way to your previous bsc ,please do get refund of your tuition and apply into another university, with a course that's very related to your bsc .

Then reapply for visa, you will surely get it, just tackle those reasons bro, it's well
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks Joe

joephemzyz:
@bestdiddy the best is yet bro.... Keep your head up...
God will make all things right.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2017
Naahh bro . . . I dont think that is the case.

while you have mentioned that you have strong reasons for choosing Australia over other countries, you are not restricted from making a choice with other countries. Infact, when you take the decision to seek a foreign degree to enhance your career, these officers actually expect that you must have researched an applied to a host of other countries that are of similar or better economic stance to Australia. It helps them understand that you're after academic excellence and interested in getting same at countries with top quality of education including Australia.

Also, remember that since I applied in June, they had not given me any feedback or requested for any documentation until i sent that email with my UK offer. At that point, they requested for my updated employment letter and pay slips. So if I had not sent that email, they wouldn't have taken me serious and started fast tracking my application.

cheekynero:

On second thought after reading your story again. You said "October 18th . . . I sent a mail informing the DIPB that I had been admitted to a University in the UK for an MBA program and I would appreciate a more detailed update on the application as I still prefer studying in the OZ."

I'm sure this must have pissed them off because I can remember when writing the SOP, they asked if you have done a research into other study options in other countries and why you decided to take Australia instead. These guys are looking for the slightest excuse to deny you visa and you made it easy for them.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2017
Could you give me your email address? I'd be happy to share my SOP with you for your review

zeemo2007:

Sorry bro. Sometimes life toss us around even when we giving it our best shot.

It wasn't meant to be and better days ahead.

You submitted a whole lot of evidences and documents.

Most times our SOP are badly worded and discouraging and these might cast doubts on all the numerous documents and evidences submitted for visa applications.

Can you send me your SOP to see ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2017
@tope4real. As at this morning the conversion of 1aud to usd is 0.75700. So if u r to pay 15955aud , it will be
15955×0.75700×360 = 4,348,057.
I don't know abt their administrative charges though.
But from d calculation above , you can see that wat dey deducted 4,500,266.40 is more dan wat u should av paid . I will advise you go back to d bank for dem to pay ur school cos they av deducted more than the required amt. So dat dey can ammed the COE. My touts.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sistaj: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2017
bestdiddy:
Could you give me your email address? I'd be happy to share my SOP with you for your review

Also kindly share ur sop with me.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foreverkind1(m): 11:34am On Nov 20, 2017
bestdiddy:
Thanks for your feedback dear. I don't think that was the issue. They dont expect me to do a masters in my BSc field, because if I had done that, then study gap will be an issue. I had my BSc in 2008, I've been working as an analyst since 2011, is it not reasonable or rational that I get a masters degree that is in line with my current job, especially when I have a study leave.

Okay bro, so what do you want to do now?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 11:35am On Nov 20, 2017
Please share with me too
sistaj:
Also kindly share ur sop with me.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Sola1010:

Abbey I tink joy is ryt ireland jst introduced 2 years post study work visa nd if u get a work den u can stay nd der wages r also cool, nd d courses r mostly 1 yr nd if u spend 5 yr u can apply 4 naturalisation so dnt jst b bent on aussie try oda places. But mostly in ireland der major market is in IT nd as wit many advance countries health nd social work, God go help us so abeg try oda countries aussie no b by force bt u can still b trying it

i really appreciate you so much my brother..you are a brother indeed and God will make way for u as well...you really lift my spirit bros....please i woudnt mind if you have any further help concerning the IRELAND visa.. thanks again once more.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Joyfree:
@SOLA1010 if they r trying to curb their population den dey should stop coming to Nigeria to look for students n using our money for investments .

good talk
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
It was during dis wait i researched other countries n I found out dat ireland is cheaper than australia in terms of fees n dey just introduced 2yr post study visa. N their visa grant is not as stressful as australia. U get admission letter within a week . Visa procedure is very easy. The problem of that country is dat they av selected courses that do well there. I feel u should just research more abt d country as against ur course cos the country has prospects just like Australia @ Abbey 1987

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
Joyfree:
@SOLA1010 if they r trying to curb their population den dey should stop coming to Nigeria to look for students n using our money for investments .

Joy na d mata o make dy stop dy hold expos up nd down naija, as a mata of fact na nigerians, Asians nd Indians start dy mk dat place destination pple no lyk dy go aussie b4
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
Am telling u , who know Australia n new zealand before, it was more of canada n USA. @SOLA1010
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
Finally got a response from DIPB today to provide an updated SOA and reference letter from current place of employment. We thank God that someone has actually picked up my file for review. I'm sure it was covered with cobwebs and dust the whole time. How someone can just sit down ontop peoples file since June is unbelievable. I've been praying that anyone sitting ontop my file will purge before Monday and be forced to stand up. Hopefully with more prayers, the grant will come sooner than expected. Everybody should pray.!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
cheekynero:
Finally got a response from DIPB today to provide an updated SOA and reference letter from current place of employment. We thank God that someone has actually picked up my file for review. I'm sure it was covered with cobwebs and dust the whole time. How someone can just sit down ontop peoples file since June is unbelievable. I've been praying that anyone sitting ontop my file will purge before Monday and be forced to stand up. Hopefully with more prayers, the grant will come sooner than expected. Everybody should pray.!!!!!
Nice one bro. Just so I'm clear, did you submit SOA when you applied?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello guys!

Pls can one who finished a university degree apply for study in TAFE?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Jst got exclusive today from my agents nd d pfl agents, dy said d nigerians der jst dy do anyhow dat dy pay 4 1 semester nd abscond 4rm skool, so dats y d restriction is heavy, so 4 any new persin applying check nd balance ur choice of words well nd also try nd choose a course dat wuld b of benefit to ur home country nd let it also b in sync wit ur ist degree if possible so dat at least dy wuld nt tell u dat u r nt married nd wuld nt come back ☺�

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
cheekynero:

Let keep praying am sure God will do it for us
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
bornlegend:
Hello guys!

Pls can one who finished a university degree apply for study in TAFE?

Born legend wit d high rejection rate it is highly unlikely 4 u to gt d visa cos dy wuld probably give u reason stating u r nt a GTE so u can still apply bt prepare 4 d likely outcome as stated earlier bt nobody knows jst kip trying dats d essence of lyf gudluck
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sola1010:

Born legend wit d high rejection rate it is highly unlikely 4 u to gt d visa cos dy wuld probably give u reason stating u r nt a GTE so u can still apply bt prepare 4 d likely outcome as stated earlier bt nobody knows jst kip trying dats d essence of lyf gudluck

Thanks for this clarity. I have been looking for cheaper chemical engineering masters and without help of agents. Any ideas?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
bornlegend:

Thanks for this clarity. I have been looking for cheaper chemical engineering masters and without help of agents. Any ideas?

1 tin I know 4 sure is aussie education isn't cheap minimum 4 any course is 20k aud , u can apply without agent bt u wuld hv to do a tremendous work n
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
Joyfree:
@tope4real. As at this morning the conversion of 1aud to usd is 0.75700. So if u r to pay 15955aud , it will be
15955×0.75700×360 = 4,348,057.
I don't know abt their administrative charges though.
But from d calculation above , you can see that wat dey deducted 4,500,266.40 is more dan wat u should av paid . I will advise you go back to d bank for dem to pay ur school cos they av deducted more than the required amt. So dat dey can ammed the COE. My touts.
thanks...I really can’t wrap my head around why the school will say I still owe them money($211)my telex copy just got sent to me and on it $12,500.74 usd was sent to the school.the high refusal rate and all the stress i’ve been Put through is beginning to make me zero my mind sef angry
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sola1010:
Jst got exclusive today from my agents nd d pfl agents, dy said d nigerians der jst dy do anyhow dat dy pay 4 1 semester nd abscond 4rm skool, so dats y d restriction is heavy, so 4 any new persin applying check nd balance ur choice of words well nd also try nd choose a course dat wuld b of benefit to ur home country nd let it also b in sync wit ur ist degree if possible so dat at least dy wuld nt tell u dat u r nt married nd wuld nt come back ☺�
Nigerians can cast places no be small..india and Nigeria were in assessment level 3 before but now india just became assessment level 2 very recently,i’m sure Nigeria must have dropped to level 4 or 5,places like china remain on assessment level 1..that means everyone from China that applies must get visa except the person has hiv,stroke and hepatitis b.i actually saw this coming since someone on here said ECU was not taking any Nigerian student as dibp said they are not genuine ,even people that had gotten Coe were refunded their money smh

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
tobe4real:
Nigerians can cast places no be small..india and Nigeria were in assessment level 3 before but now india just became assessment level 2 very recently,i’m sure Nigeria must have dropped to level 4 or 5,places like china remain on assessment level 1..that means everyone from China that applies must get visa except the person has hiv,stroke and hepatitis b.i actually saw this coming since someone on here said ECU was not taking any Nigerian student as dibp said they are not genuine ,even people that had gotten Coe were refunded their money smh

Tobe no b joke o evn my guy wey dy Melbourne tell me say naija dy cast, d refusal rate is basically for nigerians dats hw dy cast Canada to go Canada nw come dy like war if nt wetin I dy find 4 aussie. Mk we jst dy try do well dats Wat matas cos our reputation is already going lite years ahead of us nd it's nt a gud 1.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
If nt hw wuld dibp reject sum1 on d basis dat he or she is single, u shuld b able to sue dem 4 dat, I heard Indians snitch nd most nigerians dnt mk friends wit dem ova der so 4 pple goin tk note, cos u can onli work .40 hrs per fortnight bt as a naija boy na we dy do bck yard off d book jobs nd we gt paid so d moni is always flowing in aussie bt u knw nigerians na we dy exploit anytin so d dibp r getting aware of d whole tin dats y so 4 anybody goin take note o cos oyinbo quite bt dy no foolish.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
tobe4real:

My brother I partially disagree with you, I'm not here to refute your statements but Indians are equally not finding it easy. Processing times varies, sometimes it takes them around 6 months to get a response from DIBP and you know what, some of them are even being refused cos of failure to meet the GTE requirements and their IELTS scores are usually below par. I know this cos I always visit their forum to keep abreast of the situation.
From my observation, SOP is key and the applicant's first degree and masters should be in tandem.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sola1010: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Yea skydon u r ryt d ist degree shuld b related to d masters nd ur state of purpose cos ds wuld clarify d GTE criteria
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Churkie:

Nice one bro. Just so I'm clear, did you submit SOA when you applied?

Yes I did... Apparently they needed a new one
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sola1010:
If nt hw wuld dibp reject sum1 on d basis dat he or she is single, u shuld b able to sue dem 4 dat, I heard Indians snitch nd most nigerians dnt mk friends wit dem ova der so 4 pple goin tk note, cos u can onli work .40 hrs per fortnight bt as a naija boy na we dy do bck yard off d book jobs nd we gt paid so d moni is always flowing in aussie bt u knw nigerians na we dy exploit anytin so d dibp r getting aware of d whole tin dats y so 4 anybody goin take note o cos oyinbo quite bt dy no foolish.
☺️
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sola1010:
☺️
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
bestdiddy:
Naahh bro . . . I dont think that is the case.

while you have mentioned that you have strong reasons for choosing Australia over other countries, you are not restricted from making a choice with other countries. Infact, when you take the decision to seek a foreign degree to enhance your career, these officers actually expect that you must have researched an applied to a host of other countries that are of similar or better economic stance to Australia. It helps them understand that you're after academic excellence and interested in getting same at countries with top quality of education including Australia.

Also, remember that since I applied in June, they had not given me any feedback or requested for any documentation until i sent that email with my UK offer. At that point, they requested for my updated employment letter and pay slips. So if I had not sent that email, they wouldn't have taken me serious and started fast tracking my application.

I have said it several times, they are bunch of lazy CO'S who are now demy gods on their own. If u are planning to apply to Australia, pls make sure you have back up plan oooo, time is money now ooo. A word is enough for the wise ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.