Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246123 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aieboocaar(m): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2018
Albion05:
Homeboy as you rightly called yourself.
The hussle is real!..........

Your main concern should be for the embassy to grant you student visa first, so that you can gain entry in to the country.
Getting visa grant with diploma courses is very difficult but possible ( Are you talking about graduate diploma or just diploma )?.

You have to consider first........ your age, if you have obtained first degree or not, if the diploma course you intend to pursue has been your primary work you have been doing before.

A strong Statement of purpose or letter of intent to be able to convinced the Visa officer or case officer.

When you finally find your self in OZ with the diploma course that you applied..... yes you can pursue your permanent residence from there.

Most importantly to gain access or visa grant with diploma courses should be your concern and not PR.
Visa grant first before PR.
You can as well check this thread for PR route!..

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/1

Start from page 1 to the last pg of the thread.

Goodluck bro!!...

Osheyy boss!!.

As stated earlier, i intend to apply for just ordinary diploma package(majorly because of financial constraint) so i can atleast sponsor mysef while studying that.
i got B.Sc here in Naija tho.. but i just want to apply as a fresh WAEC pikin with zero experiencewink in an entirely different course from my B.sc

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GOOO3: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
Biko how were u asked for medicals? Did your case officer send an email?

My Medical assessment has still not changed status after 60 days, even when i did medicals before applying.

yourhouse:

When in december did u apply, i applied on the 15th and did biometrics 17th was asked for medicals 18th.. status says under processing time
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Aieboocaar:

Osheyy boss!!.

As stated earlier, i intend to apply for just ordinary diploma package(majorly because of financial constraint) so i can atleast sponsor mysef while studying that.
i got B.Sc here in Naija tho.. but i just want to apply as a fresh WAEC pikin with zero experiencewink in an entirely different course from my B.sc

How old are you?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aieboocaar(m): 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
Solitin40:

How old are you?

Mid-twenty!!.... is age also an underlying factor in this pathway
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
Ok, how old are you?..
If you are below 20 fine but if you are between 21, 22 and above, that's a red flag.
Applying for just ordinary diploma is very difficult but possible. The success rate is minimal.
If bonavature you applied for it, how will you explain the academic gap because definitely you will drop your Bachelors degree certificate.

My advice will be........

1. Apply for the diploma but (N/B that it will be very difficult to get but possible and except you have funds to throw around). The succces rate for this is minimal.

2. If you have friends, families and well-wishers who have your success and progress at heart, contact them and let them sponsor you for post graduate program depending on your CGPA wether you are qualified for Masters straight or part way to masters in your discipline or any other related field.

3. Follow the permanent residence route to save cost.

Make your decision bro and I wish you luck!...

Aieboocaar:

Osheyy boss!!.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by christolisis: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2018
Teehomies:
That was the same response i got. But nobody contacted me till the visa was granted.
Ok. Thank you very much.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Aieboocaar:

Mid-twenty!!.... is age also an underlying factor in this pathway
Give the figure....Yes age is a factor to consider
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
Albion05:
Ok, how old are you?..
If you are below 20 fine but if you are between 21, 22 and above, that's a red flag.
Applying for just ordinary diploma is very difficult but possible. The success rate is minimal.
If bonavature you applied for it, how will you explain the academic gap because definitely you will drop your Bachelors degree certificate.

My advice will be........

1. Apply for the diploma but (N/B that it will be very difficult to get but possible and except you have funds to throw around). The succces rate for this is minimal.

2. If you have friends, families and well-wishers who have your success and progress at heart, contact them and let them sponsor you for post graduate program depending on your CGPA wether you are qualified for Masters straight or part way to masters in your discipline or any other related field.

3. Follow the permanent residence route to save cost.

Make your decision bro and I wish you luck!...

Also verify very well if the Diploma will lead to PR law changes every day in Australia because if not that’s one chance your best bet is BSc or MSc

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
You are absolutely correct bro!..
But the guy does not want to mention the course or the program in question for someone to know wether it will lead to PR or not, likewise his age ....
He holds the key to everything concerning him.

Solitin40:

Also verify very well if the Diploma will lead to PR law changes every day in Australia because if not that’s one chance your best bet is BSc or MSc
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by onlyme07(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
Albion05:
But the guy does not want to mention the course or the program in question for someone to know wether it will lead to PR or not, likewise his age ....

He thought if he does,it will be hijacked due to his thorough research forgetting the money to be wasted if issh happens is more fustrating than not seeking proper advise.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2018
bblessed:
Hello!!! those that applied for dependant or spouse visa, have you guys had from them.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 12:05am On Jan 20, 2018
No....I havnt heard from dem ooo. I applied since 11th of October, did medicals n biometrics on the 12th and 13th of October last year. I have emailed dem last week. But uptill now I have not heard from dem. I don't know if dia are ppl here who applied for dependant spouse visa class 500. ? To be very sincere, the waiting is becoming Wosky ....I no d sleep again. But I am so hopful it will end in praise. Missing my wife every minute...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 3:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Ayolachris:
No....I havnt heard from dem ooo. I applied since 11th of October, did medicals n biometrics on the 12th and 13th of October last year. I have emailed dem last week. But uptill now I have not heard from dem. I don't know if dia are ppl here who applied for dependant spouse visa class 500. ? To be very sincere, the waiting is becoming Wosky ....I no d sleep again. But I am so hopful it will end in praise. Missing my wife every minute...

Same here, applied since Oct 23rd, I sent an email to them first week of January,their reply is that its still under process. The wait is killing, just want to see my husband and kids. Yes bro will surely end in praise...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2018
Teehomies:
Pls thru which airline did u go? Or what site did u book yiur ticket?
Ethiopian Ethiopian airlines
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2018
Teehomies:
Pls thru which airline did u go? Or what site did u book yiur ticket?
cheap ticket.com
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dannycrane77: 8:45am On Jan 20, 2018
[quote author=Ayolachris post=64351461]No....I havnt heard from dem ooo. I applied since 11th of October, did medicals n biometrics on the 12th and 13th of October last year. I have emailed dem last week. But uptill now I have not heard from dem. I don't know if dia are ppl here who applied for dependant spouse visa class 500. ? To be very sincere, the waiting is becoming Wosky ....I no d sleep again. But I am so hopful it will end in praise. Missing my wife every minute...[/quote

Good day, please did u submit any bank statement for dependant visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2018
Joyfree:
cheap ticket.com
Your ATM card worked ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Aieboocaar(m): 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
onlyme07:

He thought if he does,it will be hijacked due to his thorough research forgetting the money to be wasted if issh happens is more fustrating than not seeking proper advise.

@bolded got me loling hard
Thats one myopic way of thinking bro grin my papa no be shareholder for oz land!!

Albion05:

@Albion my real Gee cool ...
your last post really opened my eye and made me see things in a whole different light.. THANKS FOR THAT
anyways, to the main point... i hold a B.SC accounting already(fresh graduate) and i have followed and research the PR thread but that one be like say na long thing for me given my zero work experience (enuff 75-80 pointers still dey wait for months)... but i thought to go for a fresh start in automobile tech. i see more prospect in that. Anyways its just my wild thought tho! na why i bring am to ogas like you make una epp me chook mouth for the matter. wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yourhouse: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
GOOO3:
Biko how were u asked for medicals? Did your case officer send an email?

My Medical assessment has still not changed status after 60 days, even when i did medicals before applying.

Yes i was asked after i did biometrics e medical and they sent me an hospital to do the medicals and from the application they have received my medical status

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
Is all good. We are all here to help one another.
So I always respect people's opinion and where is not clear to me, I ask for more clarification from the house.
The moniker observed and only pointed out your aprehensiveness in relating some issues with regards to you!..
so is all good!.. No worries.
Back to our main issue before us.

I have always observed that finance is a major factor in executing a task be it academic, social and what have you.

My advice:

1. Since you hold a Bachelor degree in Accounting, go for post graduate program, i.e 2 years.

OR

2. Drop your Bachelor degree in accounting and apply for another Bachelor degree in Automobile tech since is your dream considering the economic benefit and growth you must have seen in this field. But bear in mind that BSC involves 3 to 4 years of payment of tuition fee but fund is a challenge to you, so I don't know how you can wringle your self out from this option.

3. If you can write a strong, well structured and convincing SOP to the school and the embassy why you are deviating from accounting to Automobile tech for Graduate diploma in Automobile tech and they bought into your idea and explanation you gave. That will help.

In doing so you can a create a background that prior to your Bachelor degree, you were already engaging your self in Automobile work with a company......... name withheld and you continued after gaining admission in to the university, you do this because that's what you love to do and your mind have continue to grow and wax stronger with the affinity and the technical ability you have in this field and now you want to obtain the academic prerequisites, professional skills and leadership that will enable you become a better and sound Automobile tech engineer.

Providing certificates of such company you worked and still doing part time work with them will help paint a clearer picture to any person reading it.
Over time a good SOP have done some magic that scales some people through.

All the best bro!.....
Am only making common sense considering that fund is a challenge and you really want to pursue this Automobile stuff.

Aieboocaar:

@bolded got me loling hard
Thats one myopic way of thinking bro grin my papa no be shareholder for oz land!!

@Albion my real Gee cool ...
your last post really opened my eye and made me see things in a whole different light.. THANKS FOR THAT
anyways, to the main point... i hold a B.SC accounting already(fresh graduate) and i have followed and research the PR thread but that one be like say na long thing for me given my zero work experience (enuff 75-80 pointers still dey wait for months)... but i thought to go for a fresh start in automobile tech. i see more prospect in that. Anyways its just my wild thought tho! na why i bring am to ogas like you make una epp me chook mouth for the matter. wink cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
ogheneese07:

Thanks you so much for getting back at me @Albion05 it is a post graduate diploma program which after completion I intend on proceeding to masters. I have taken in consideration everything you mentioned. I sent the school a mail and they replied saying int'l students are to apply using an authorised MIT representative in their country and if there are No MIT representative in your country, ur application will not be able to be processed. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not amongst their list of countries with MIT representative. I'll really like to know if there are any Nigerians schooling there and how they went about it ? Thank you
Heaps of Nigerians in MIT but they don't enter Australia through MIT, they entered through AL1 unis and cross to MIT due to cheaper fees, getting to Australia through MIT maybe difficult due to the fact that you have to provide extra documents to DIBP to proof you are GTE because MIT isn't a AL1 school. Personal opinion, go for AL1 unis.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogheneese07: 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
bligs:

Heaps of Nigerians in MIT but they don't enter Australia through MIT, they entered through AL1 unis and cross to MIT due to cheaper fees, getting to Australia through MIT maybe difficult due to the fact that you have to provide extra documents to DIBP to proof you are GTE because MIT isn't a AL1 school. Personal opinion, go for AL1 unis.

Thanks you so much for getting back to me !!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
I also applied to AL1 school as well and so many other persons here. Make sure that your first degree is inline with your post graduate program or other related field you are going for.

I was asked
to provide Statement of account.
The era when people use AL1 schools to escape freely has gone.

You must meet the required GTE like other students. No doubt AL1 schools has some unseen advantages.
One thing again the country where you are applying also matters a lot. Recently Nigeria were moved to a higher risk assessment level.

Also, after paying the tuition deposit, is he going to forfiet the deposit he paid initially?..
No doubt people transfer from one uni to another uni so far as you don't go below the education level of which your were granted your student visa.

@ Bligs, I will like you to help this moniker in finding out how those Nigerians transferred to MIT and wether they forfeited the deposit they made initially in their previous AL1 schools.
That will help the moniker to prepare himself ahead!..
Thanks for this wonderful insight and may God continue to bless you. Information is power!..

bligs:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ziinee: 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
Oh Thanks a billion.
fobak203:
@ziinee
Firstly, you can avoid GRE and TOEFL by going the Canny and Australian way. GRE is recommended by some high profile schools in Canada. In my own search for Ph.D, I realized focus is the mother of success and I concentrated all my effort on Australia. Recently, IELTS is just no longer schools requirement but has also become a visa requirements. In essence, you might not be able to do without IELTS. First step, Google to ascertain the schools offering your course on a PhD level in Australia, contact the supervisors by writing an excellent and catchy introductory mail, this is only achievable if you speak the academic language of the senior researcher. Contact as many as possible even after getting positive remark from them, continue the correspondence. Apply for admission, indicate you want to be assessed for scholarship during the admission application, they usually go hand in hand and do that early enough. You can join ARCAMAD, Scholardev, scholarship positions etc for more notifications of recent openings. You can also write 2 or three articles during this time, to show commitment to research, mention your previous research, current research and future research embankments in your proposal. These are roadmaps and pointers. This cannot be replaced by personal research on your part. Search keywords on this thread for closely related answers like mine. PhD admission and scholarship fall on you as you make efforts and pray. God will reward your effort with succeas
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lagos2canna: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good day house, i have been looking for Master's program in Education in Australia but the school fees is too much for me, my plan is to ought for pg diploma. Please i need help with names of schools with post graduate diploma program with cheap school fees.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
Albion05:
I also applied to AL1 school as well and so many other persons here. Make sure that your first degree is inline with your post graduate program you are going for.

I was asked
to provide Statement of account.
The era when people use AL1 schools to escape freely has gone.

You must meet the required GTE like other students. No doubt AL1 schools has some unseen advantages.
One thing again the country where you are applying also matters a lot. Recently Nigeria were moved to a higher risk assessment level.

Also, after paying the tuition deposit, is he going to forfiet the deposit he paid initially?..
No doubt people transfer from one uni to another uni so far as you don't go below the education level of which your were granted your student visa.

@ Bligs, I will like you to help this moniker in finding out how those Nigerians transferred to MIT and wether they forfeited the deposition they made initial in their previous AL1 schools.
That will help the moniker to prepare himself ahead!..
Thanks for this wonderful insight and may God continue to bless you. Information is power!..

Most i have meet and heard off are after their first semester with their initial unis in this case your first semester fee is gone however, there are few who change sch and course upon arriving (one is on this forum, can't recall his username for now) in this rare case you can apply for refund. The implication of changing sch or course after your first semester is that you will have to apply for visa extension at the expiration of your initial grant.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
You are absolutely right my dear.
The moniker in question that changed school upon arrival. The moniker arrived early enough and he was lucky the process went smoothly without hinderance.

Most times the school policy or procedure in changing most especially from their own uni to another uni might not be as fast the person might wanted it.
But changing course to another course in the same school is always straight forward and involves less time.

Is also good that the moniker knows that his is going to forfeit the initial tuition fee he paid so that he can prepare himself ahead in terms of finance.

God bless you bro!.....

I have followed every piece of your advice on this platform.

Are you in Brisbane?..
Am heading to Queensland

bligs:

Most i have meet and heard off are after their first semester with their initial unis in this case your first semester fee is gone however, there are few who change sch and course upon arriving (one is on this forum, can't recall his username for now) in this rare case you can apply for refund. The implication of changing sch or course after your first semester is that you will have to apply for visa extension at the expiration of your initial grant.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lawland: 12:07am On Jan 21, 2018
Please House,

I need info on schools i can apply for without using an Agent in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 12:14am On Jan 21, 2018
Yes.... I submitted a bank statement.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:30am On Jan 21, 2018
lawland:
Please House,

I need info on schools i can apply for without using an Agent in Nigeria.
You can’t escape it the school will refer you back to there representatives in Nigeria just prepare yourself ready
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:35am On Jan 21, 2018
Lagos2canna:
Good day house, i have been looking for Master's program in Education in Australia but the school fees is too much for me, my plan is to ought for pg diploma. Please i need help with names of schools with post graduate diploma program with cheap school fees.
Answer these questions
1. Why Diploma and not MSc or Bsc
2. How old are you
3. What’s your area of discipline
4. Do you want to use study route to get PR
5. Who is sponsoring you
6. How much do you(sponsor) have in Bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.