Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,660 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1255317 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 21, 2018
Morning y'all. Kindly guide me on the kind of related post- grad study prog. someone with b.Sc(Ed) Economics with a 2.1 and a cgpa of 3.81 apply to that will assist the individual be able to stay after studies ...and suggested university. I think I'm ready now!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:40am On Jan 21, 2018
freddywells81:
Morning y'all. Kindly guide me on the kind of related post- grad study prog. someone with b.Sc(Ed) Economics with a 2.1 and a cgpa of 3.81 apply to that will assist the individual be able to stay after studies ...and suggested university. I think I'm ready now!
Nobody can decide for you you know you weak point and where you are good at so asking for suggestions is out of it

Nursing social work Engineering are the hot courses which I know will give Easy access to PR

Apply to Universities located in Sydney,Melbourne and Brisbane

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 21, 2018
Solitin40:

Nobody can decide for you you know you weak point and where you are good at so asking for suggestions is out of it

Nursing social work Engineering are the hot courses which I know will give Easy access to PR

Apply to Universities located in Sydney,Melbourne and Brisbane

I really appreciate your timely response ..its sufficient enough . I think I'd opt for social work since the other two mentioned in your post will require science background and subjects to show its related to my 1st degree course. What do u think bro? Is there any possibility I can switch ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 1:56am On Jan 21, 2018
Albion05:
You are absolutely right my dear.
The moniker in question that changed school upon arrival. The moniker arrived early enough and he was lucky the process went smoothly without hinderance.

Most times the school policy or procedure in changing most especially from their own uni to another uni might not be as fast the person might wanted it.
But changing course to another course in the same school is always straight forward and involves less time.

Is also good that the moniker knows that his is going to forfeit the initial tuition fee he paid so that he can prepare himself ahead in terms of finance.

God bless you bro!.....

I have followed every piece of your advice on this platform.

Are you in Brisbane?..
Am heading to Queensland

I am in Melbourne.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogheneese07: 2:13am On Jan 21, 2018
Albion05:
You are absolutely right my dear.
The moniker in question that changed school upon arrival. The moniker arrived early enough and he was lucky the process went smoothly without hinderance.

Most times the school policy or procedure in changing most especially from their own uni to another uni might not be as fast the person might wanted it.
But changing course to another course in the same school is always straight forward and involves less time.

Is also good that the moniker knows that his is going to forfeit the initial tuition fee he paid so that he can prepare himself ahead in terms of finance.

God bless you bro!.....

I have followed every piece of your advice on this platform.

Are you in Brisbane?..
Am heading to Queensland

Wow, thank you so much for this detailed and informative insights @Albion05 and @bligs. I truly appreciate. AL1 schools are really expensive but I will keep looking. My best bet is to get in through an AL1 school and transfer to MIT by God's grace.Hopefully the finance I will loose won't be that much. Thanks guys !!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Is Master of Social Policy same as Social Work?...saw social policy on Univ. Of Melbourne and needed clarification before applying to it. Cc: @ solitin40 ; bligs : other gurus in tha house .thanks & looking forward
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:47am On Jan 21, 2018
You are welcome!.
Wish you the best of luck!..
ogheneese07:

Wow, thank you so much for this detailed and informative insights @Albion05 and @bligs. I truly appreciate. AL1 schools are really expensive but I will keep looking. My best bet is to get in through an AL1 school and transfer to MIT by God's grace.Hopefully the finance I will loose won't be that much. Thanks guys !!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fadareak: 5:51am On Jan 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2018
freddywells81:
Is Master of Social Policy same as Social Work?...saw social policy on Univ. Of Melbourne and needed clarification before applying to it. Cc: @ solitin40 ; bligs : other gurus in tha house .thanks & looking forward
Social work,phycology,public health and social policy are not the same kindly the the guide about the course on the school website to have more info about it

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:59am On Jan 21, 2018
freddywells81:

I really appreciate your timely response ..its sufficient enough . I think I'd opt for social work since the other two mentioned in your post will require science background and subjects to show its related to my 1st degree course. What do u think bro? Is there any possibility I can switch ?
Apply for MSc Economics first and you change course to social work when you get to Australia but note apply to unis with the both course and also try to verify is their is MSc is social work because I only know of Bsc in Social work

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Fadareak:
Hi everyone, please I will like more experienced people to clear up this topic, If a student undergoes a Msc Degree of 1.5 yrs like Network Security in Monash University, will he be unable to get the temporary work visa (Post graduate work stream). I think it is a misconception because on the DIBM site it says you qualify for a 2 year post graduate work visa after you are done with your Msc program by coursework, I don't really think it has to do with the amount of years you spent in the university. However, I would love to hear what the senior men in the house think.
Bro my advice for you is go for MSc related to your first degree and also the duration is 2 years always be on the saver side this money is not small before I forget go for MSc that will lead to PR
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2018
Please can you give the breakdown of how you went about the dependant visa. Will really appreciate every tiny details.
Ayolachris:
No....I havnt heard from dem ooo. I applied since 11th of October, did medicals n biometrics on the 12th and 13th of October last year. I have emailed dem last week. But uptill now I have not heard from dem. I don't know if dia are ppl here who applied for dependant spouse visa class 500. ? To be very sincere, the waiting is becoming Wosky ....I no d sleep again. But I am so hopful it will end in praise. Missing my wife every minute...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by deratus: 8:03am On Jan 21, 2018
Hi guys good morning.iv been refused canadian visa twice nw and I've decided to switch to Australia. Am about applying for a 2yrs master program (environmental management)Charles darwin university.please guys what are my chances of staying in australia after studies.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2018
@ Fadareak you don't need to contradict your self.
Are you making a statement or you are stating facts.?

The facts!..
-Two years duration of study will earn you 2 years post graduate work permit(PGWP).

- A packaged graduate diploma course of 2 years duration will also earn you 2 years PGWP.

-A Bechelor degree course will also earn you 2 years and above of work permit.

-Masters program by Course work will earn you 2 years post graduate work permit.

- Masters by research will earn you 3 years post graduate work permit.

- PHD will earn you 4 years post graduate work permit.
Many people in this forum including my humble self have seen the 1.5 years duration of masters but taking it will not qualify you for 2 years post graduate work permit.

Rather some of us always look out for packaged courses that has 2 years duration of study.
In choosing these course you have to make sure that the course or program you intend to choose or enroll will lead to PR because occasional or annually the Short term and long term skilled list are been reviewed. New ones added and some are removed.
Look for the latest update list!...

You can choose the 1. 5 years of MSC but make sure that you get your self enroll in a new program upon completion of the first one and of course you have to pay for another tuition fee for that and apply for an extension of visa to complete the new program.
As an international student you have to explore all the possible ways to gain permanent stay. (PR).

Of course, there are courses when you are through with them, they have more chances of earning you a Permanent stay.

I know of Canny, some persons doing PG program does not register all there program once, they register 1 or 2 program in other to stretch the duration to 2 years because originallly their program was meant to last for 1 year and 2 or 3 months.
So instead of finishing the program in 1 year and 2 months for example, they won't register all courses at the same time, they spread them to span to 2 years and only apply for an extension of visa for the one they had is about to expire. This is for canny!...

Go online and Google courses with high rate of PR successful in Australia.

If any of these which I have mentioned have changed, please correct me but if not.......... let it guide us in some of our decisions.

Fadareak:
Hi everyone, please I will like more experienced people to clear up this topic, If a student undergoes a Msc Degree of 1.5 yrs like Network Security in Monash University, will he be unable to get the temporary work visa (Post graduate work stream). I think it is a misconception because on the DIBM site it says you qualify for a 2 year post graduate work visa after you are done with your Msc program by coursework, I don't really think it has to do with the amount of years you spent in the university. However, I would love to hear what the senior men in the house think.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haykclassy(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please gurus in the house can this guarantee PGWV
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ayolachris: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
ireayomide2015:
Please can you give the breakdown of how you went about the dependant visa. Will really appreciate every tiny details.

In what areas do u want clarifications?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haykclassy(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please house, can this guarantee Post Graduate Work Permit.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haykclassy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Fadareak:

gurus in the house can this for Post Graduate Working Permit.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by theoophilic: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
I have read more than half of the pages of this thread and I have learnt a lot already. However, I have some questions and I appreciate kind respond.

I have just been award scholarship for 1 year Master by Research + 3 Years PhD at Macquarie University.
1. Firstly, about English Language Proficiency. Will I still need to submit IELTS cert for Visa application? I am asking because, the IELTS I took in 2015 before going for my MSc in UK is valid for 2 year (till Dec 2017). It was still valid at the time I was applying to Macquarie but now, they may not be able to verify it online as its over 2 years.

2. Also, about GTE. How can proof my GTE further. My First Degree, MSc and this intended Research degree is Chemistry, and am fine by travel history – that is, I left UK immediately after my programme, 3 months before the end of my visa stay. However, I am not currently engaged in Nigeria. A job offer I had with a Federal University before going for my MSc has not been reinstated. Will that not dent my GTE? As in, will the fact that I have no job waiting for me here, not be seen that my condition doesn’t warrant coming back to?

3. Living in Sydney. For those leaning in Sydney already, please, is it possible to get accommodation as cheap as 100-150 AUD weekly close to the Uni? About what amount is the cheapest amount to live on in Sydney. The reason for this is that, I have financial responsibility to my siblings back here in Nigeria and I will have to send money home monthly from my monthly scholarship pay. I want to be sure that this will be feasible, while I still have some savings, if I end up not working to face studies, as I have to attain excellent performance to remain on the scholarship.

4. About work, I have seen many talk about care jobs and I will definitely consider the various advice… but is it possible to get anything close to teaching? Any level of education will be fine. That’s really what I have flair for.

5. Finally, is there no means of getting PR to Australia aside the listed skills? Chemistry isn’t there and I do not plan to change my study focus. Can’t one be considered for PR if for instance I got permanent lecturing job during or after the 4 years post study visa I ll get after my PhD?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haykclassy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
Can a master by research of 1.5years course duration and 2years study pattern as reflected on the course start date and end

date, guarantee a post graduate work permit.

gurus in the house please help out.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
please house,how long can somebody delay if being asked to upload updated COE before they make decision.can it lead to immeditae denial..Demanded for that since two weeks by DIBP but school still delaying.
thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Good evening house. Pls I need candid suggestion and input from the elders in this forum. I applied to an al1 university and hopefully will get my coe soon. I submitted my in laws soa.
However , a similar case here and my agent tells me I might not get a grant from dibp with my In laws soa since I will need to submitt it irrespective of al1 status.
Can i submitt my cousins payslip and a sponsorship letter from him since we share the same surname. He earns abt 300k in the Navy. But does not have the required funds.pls your advice
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 7:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
The question will be, how long did DIBP gave you to submit your updated COE?...

If the school is delaying, disturb them while you contact DIBP that you have requested for your new COE but school is delaying. Let them know you have contacted your school.

The next thing that will happen is that if your new COE did not come on time you might miss the February resumption date if you are to start February.
You will be issued your grant based on the next available COE start date you will produce.

umechukwu4:
please house,how long can somebody delay if being asked to upload updated COE before they make decision.can it lead to immeditae denial..Demanded for that since two weeks by DIBP but school still delaying.
thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
Your agent was right and I like the choice of word you use, "MIGHT" not that is impossible. With a well explained letter of sponsorship stating why he or she is sponsoring you, affidavit of sponsorship and documents to explain relationship between both of you.
Both I leave this between you and your agent.

Yes your cousin can sponsor you!..
Let him get the following:
-Employment letter
-ID
- Birth cert (NPC)
- Landed property
-Stocks if he has any
- Fixed deposit if he has any
-pays lip as you said
- Any assets he has to show his financial muscle.
-Sponsorship letter from your Cousin
- Statement of account----- while you wait for your COE, let your Cousin sure up his account. If you can get your inlaw to transfer fund to your cousin now, let your inlaw help you on that, then if you have fund as well pay it into your cousins account to sure up the account in preparation to use it to apply for visa.
Since both of you bear the same surname that's a plus for you.
That's my input!... Goodluck!..
chimax1:
Good evening house. Pls I need candid suggestion and input from the elders in this forum. I applied to an al1 university and hopefully will get my coe soon. I submitted my in laws soa.
However , a similar case here and my agent tells me I might not get a grant from dibp with my In laws soa since I will need to submitt it irrespective of al1 status.
Can i submitt my cousins payslip and a sponsorship letter from him since we share the same surname. He earns abt 300k in the Navy. But does not have the required funds.pls your advice
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Albion05:
The question will be, how long did DIBP gave you to submit your updated COE?...

If the school is delaying, disturb them while you contact DIBP that you have requested for your new COE but school is delaying. Let them know you have contacted your school.

The next thing that will happen is that if your new COE did not come on time you might miss the February resumption date if you are to start February.
You will be issued your grant based on the next available COE start date you will produce.

Thanks boss.You too much in this group.I was given 7days but I wrote to them,they said they will consider it.but since then my mind de skip dt if they wait they might take an action.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
Let your mind skip no more!.
You have done the needful by getting back to DIBP.
Disturb the school, don't allow them to rest. Bombard them with mails and calls until they respond to you!...

umechukwu4:
Thanks boss.You too much in this group.I was given 7days but I wrote to them,they said they will consider it.but since then my mind de skip dt if they wait they might take an action.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
Albion05:
Let your mind skip no more!.
You have done the needful by getting back to DIBP.
Disturb the school, don't allow them to rest. Bombard them with mails and calls until they respond to you!...

you are on point.thanks boss.you are great.Since last week I have called student services, admission,Fees department etc.i believe this week will be great.because their last mail says admission will get back to me in due course

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fadareak: 3:35am On Jan 22, 2018
To think I was about to splurge such a huge amount of money at Monash University for a Masters that is 1.5 yrs and will not lead to a Post graduate work permit. Thanks a lot for the Clarification guys, I really appreciate.

Please does any one here know first hand of a good school for an Msc in Network or Cyber Security. I really wanted to study in Melbourne but I think the options there have been exhausted, All of them have one coma or the other (Monashs' Network security program is 1.5 yrs, RMIT does not admit students from private universities, Deakin is the funniest; they only do that course online) Biko I am open to a school in any other state if anyone has a lead. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:19am On Jan 22, 2018
Fadareak:
To think I was about to splurge such a huge amount of money at Monash University for a Masters that is 1.5 yrs and will not lead to a Post graduate work permit. Thanks a lot for the Clarification guys, I really appreciate.

Please does any one here know first hand of a good school for an Msc in Network or Cyber Security. I really wanted to study in Melbourne but I think the options there have been exhausted, All of them have one coma or the other (Monashs' Network security program is 1.5 yrs, RMIT does not admit students from private universities, Deakin is the funniest; they only do that course online) Biko I am open to a school in any other state if anyone has a lead. Thanks
Find universities in Sydney and Brisbane if I may ask why Melbourne?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lagos2canna: 7:29am On Jan 22, 2018
Good morning house, i studied chemistry education in my first degree, i have been looking for schools with Masters in education but the school fees is too high for me so I want to ought for post graduate diploma in Education, please i need advice on cheap school with pgd in Education. Thanks my people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.