Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1266864 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
And that was how today ended without update from DIBP. At this point i'm considering applying for a Tier 4 study visa cos I have offers from two schools to study in the U.K. I wasted 12 months of my life last year because I was refused Canadian study permit. The thought of deferring to February drives me nuts cos i would have to waste additional 6 months.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
Churkie:
And that was how today ended without update from DIBP. At this point i'm considering applying for a Tier 4 study visa cos I have offers from two schools to study in the U.K. I wasted 12 months of my life last year because I was refused Canadian study permit. The thought of deferring to February drives me nuts cos i would have to waste additional 6 months.

you know you have to come back after studying in the UK

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Churkie:

Don't you have intake for November, why next year or your course doesn't have November intake. Also, if u go to UK u can't work while you study and after you complete your course, u are sent back home unlike Australia where you can stay back If you complete 2 years course or packaged as d case may be. So just think over it again.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Churkie:

Bro you need to calm down , everything happens for a reason, they way u complaining of people tell you their story, you will kneel down and thank God. Personally this Australia hustle started for me in 2014, had to defer my admission twice because of some issues abandoned it ,then applied to another university in 2017, thinking this was my year but God knows best. Please free that UK matter you will surely come back empty handed, i know a lot of niggas with uk masters degree with distinction still staying in their pupsy's house for like 2 years , no job, the only thing that useless country has to offer is fine scenery to take pictures for instagram and snapchat. I encourage u to hold on , February is not really far , and you not the only one , lots of people have deferred to February too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
noscarn91:

Bro you need to calm down , everything happens for a reason, they way u complaining of people tell you their story, you will kneel down and thank God. Personally this Australia hustle started for me in 2014, had to defer my admission twice because of some issues abandoned it ,then applied to another university in 2017, thinking this was my year but God knows best. Please free that UK matter you will surely come back empty handed, i know a lot of niggas with uk masters degree with distinction still staying in their pupsy's house for like 2 years , no job, the only thing that useless country has to offer is fine scenery to take pictures for instagram and snapchat. I encourage u to hold on , February is not really far , and you not the only one , lots of people have deferred to February too.

Your friends are jobless because they studied in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Example of grants

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by segunojo866: 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
noscarn91:

Nawa o. Why don't you people consider east London university in malaysia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by segunojo866: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

LOL. When a naija man tries to look for the good in a delayed response. #destinyepper.
everything na God knows why. Some people have struggled for students visa many years. Why would God allow that?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
segunojo866:
To what end ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iloveutd: 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
segunojo866:

Make we go malaysia go meet hushpuppi? Hiss....abeg forget malaysia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2017
akinke:

What sort of skills are we talking about here?

Well, speaking of skills, it depends on what you can do.
It's not always green on this side as people assume. I remember my days waiting for the visa, all I could think of was, get in, make a lady pregnant and get PR.
Back to the skills matter, what you think is a dirty job in Nigeria, pays really well here especially if you are good at it. For example, I am a civil engineer, I found myself fixing my car when issues come up. Hank's to YouTube resources and some knowledge from visiting the mechanic workshop back in NG. I have asked myself why didn't I choose to be a mechanical engineer? But then I realised engineering is about problem solving, so long you like what you do.
While I waited for my visa, I could have learnt from a workshop, plumbing, Barbing, baking etc . But nope, all I did was check nairaland for testimonials, check abokifx.com for exchange rate and wanted about 2 months post service.
All I am trying to say is learn something you think you can do and run around with when the shifts don't come. Some job ads may ask for a web developer, or software developer for some small job. Imagine if you got knowledge on this, you make yourself some money and carve a niche for yourself.
Another funny thing I came across sometime I wanted to slim fit some trouser. The quotation was about $30/$50. One question, How much come be new one. The trouser still de my bag and I don buy others since then. None of my naija Chums on this side can do stuffs like that.

All I am saying is, don't come empty handed!

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Well, speaking of skills, it depends on what you can do.
It's not always green on this side as people assume. I remember my days waiting for the visa, all I could think of was, get in, make a lady pregnant and get PR.
Back to the skills matter, what you think is a dirty job in Nigeria, pays really well here especially if you are good at it. For example, I am a civil engineer, I found myself fixing my car when issues come up. Hank's to YouTube resources and some knowledge from visiting the mechanic workshop back in NG. I have asked myself why didn't I choose to be a mechanical engineer? But then I realised engineering is about problem solving, so long you like what you do.
While I waited for my visa, I could have learnt from a workshop, plumbing, Barbing, baking etc . But nope, all I did was check nairaland for testimonials, check abokifx.com for exchange rate and wanted about 2 months post service.
All I am trying to say is learn something you think you can do and run around with when the shifts don't come. Some job ads may ask for a web developer, or software developer for some small job. Imagine if you got knowledge on this, you make yourself some money and carve a niche for yourself.
Another funny thing I came across sometime I wanted to slim fit some trouser. The quotation was about $30/$50. One question, How much come be new one. The trouser still de my bag and I don buy others since then. None of my naija Chums on this side can do stuffs like that.

All I am saying is, don't come empty handed!
as an engineer why did you still have to go with a student visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:21am On Jul 29, 2017
tobe4real:
as an engineer why did you still have to go with a student visa?
Yh, had some situation at ✋.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by daniel152: 12:23am On Jul 29, 2017
pls i would want to know guys..now that admission has being deferred till February..pls when do you guys think the visa would be out and has anyone experienced such before?? thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:25am On Jul 29, 2017
daniel152:
pls i would want to know guys..now that admission has being deferred till February..pls when do you guys think the visa would be out and has anyone experienced such before?? thanks
Watch and pray. Keep your mind busy and face other things. Visa delay fit cause depression. It will amaze you that it's when you not expecting it the grant will just crawl to your inbox

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by daniel152: 12:28am On Jul 29, 2017
lol.. i get you..you think they would grant visa this year since school resumes in February?? asking if anyone has experienced such..applied 13th of june
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 12:29am On Jul 29, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Yh, had some situation at ✋.
the only significant difference between student visa and a 489 is full work rights for 489 right?you still get to be like a foreigner...paying fees as an international student if you want to study?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2017
tobe4real:
the only significant difference between student visa and a 489 is full work rights for 489 right?you still get to be like a foreigner...paying fees as an international student if you want to study?
Mate, I don't know. Check the internet and compare both classes of visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:32am On Jul 29, 2017
daniel152:
lol.. i get you..you think they would grant visa this year since school resumes in February?? asking if anyone has experienced such..applied 13th of june
Well, from now to February 18 is a long time. So this year is plausible
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 12:32am On Jul 29, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Mate, I don't know. Check the internet and compare both classes of visa
thought you know a lot about these things,seen u on the other tread giving tips and all
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:41am On Jul 29, 2017
tobe4real:
thought you know a lot about these things,seen u on the other tread giving tips and all
Lol, some things are just different. I know what I choose to Know. 489 is regional skilled migration and I am not qualified for that, hence no details of the subclass de my head
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2017
noscarn91:

I have a master's degree from the UK, Took me a little time to get the job though but it was not totally inpossible. Having the degree from Aussie does not make much difference. It is Nigeria's job market that has a problem.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 8:49am On Jul 29, 2017
akinke:

I have a master's degree from the UK, Took me a little time to get the job though but it was not totally inpossible. Having the degree from Aussie does not make much difference. It is Nigeria's job market that has a problem.

I never said getting a masters degree from U.K. is bad , the point here is that most people that pay huge amount of money to study abroad do it with the intention of staying back or securing good jobs in that country, what's the point of spending 10 million or more to study abroad if you can't get a good job there and recoup your investments or permanent residency,is it not better to go to unilag or CU and get the same degree.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:53am On Jul 29, 2017
Australia's 5star University Rankings 2017
http://www.universityrankings.com.au/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2017
justwise:

Your friends are jobless because they studied in the UK?
Boss UK is casted don't argue this. You're lucky ces you went early enough and got to stay back. I have a female cousin that's studied everything from Bsc to PhD in the UK and still battling citizenship and this year is her last. UK is bad news for study-citizenship anytime, anyday. No need sugar-coating shii

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2017
MrFuckallday:

Boss UK is casted don't argue this. You're lucky ces you went early enough and got to stay back. I have a female cousin that's studied everything from Bsc to PhD in the UK and still battling citizenship and this year is her last. UK is bad news for study-citizenship anytime, anyday. No need sugar-coating shii

You quoted my post and went ahead to gave a completely wrong answer, what has this got to do with getting a job in Nigeria?

Bytheway, your cousin should have kept up with changes in immigration rule because study-citizenship route was effectively removed about 2yrs ago, so there is no need applying for citizenship through 10yrs stay when that route was curtailed by the govt.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by IstandWitBuhari: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
Vinny101:
Hello Gurus I sincerely need your suggestions and advice! I'm waiting to kick start my visa application for a PhD study in Melbourne;I have been accepted by two supervisors in two good universities there. Though I'm still waiting for the formal admission letter. However, I'm wandering what my chances of staying back after the PhD would be as I seem can not find a clear matching skill on the priority skill list. I hold a B.Sc in Economics. MA International Develooment Management and my PhD study would be in a Faculty of Arts, school of Humanities and Social Science. In summary, I'm tending towards a Development Expert. I just can't really pick out where my skill set would fall in. Please kindly advise.

My Brother did your supervisors agree to fund your tuition fees and living cost as on of their research students ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
tobe4real:

Why would you want to study on a 489 visa when you can work full time for 4 years? If you really want to study, wait for 2 - 2.5 years, get PR and go back to school.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 1:14am On Jul 30, 2017
ideamaster:

Why would you want to study on a 489 visa when you can work full time for 4 years? If you really want to study, wait for 2 - 2.5 years, get PR and go back to school.
Please can you shed some light on this? Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Howoheye: 1:15am On Jul 30, 2017
Solitin40:
Example of grants
Thanks brova
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 6:47am On Jul 30, 2017
Howoheye:

Please can you shed some light on this? Thanks.

I would quote someone's post from the PR thread

Well let me share the little I know.
1)For the pros, its a 4 yrs visa that allows u to apply for PR after 2yrs if the condition are fulfilled, u can get a permanent job,u get 10 points from the state if u don't meet d required points.

Cons: u have to pay for ur Medicare and u do not get any government benefits, if u 're to School, u will have to pay the international rate, in some states u are only limited to designated regional areas.

Read more here

www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.