Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251172 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
santity100:

Three of you can apply together, the reason why it is advisable to get your grant first before apply for family member is because of increased scrutiny of your application like bank statements and more evidences.

But if you apply alone and get the grant, you can apply for them immediately and you can all still travel together if there visa comes out in time before you leave.

people wait for for months because the insurance is expensive for families.

Ok
I get.
Thank you very much.
There was a school form i saw and they asked if your family will join you in Aussey.... should it be written yes or undecided
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
cuteytohbad:

It's pretty straight forward. You will see all the requirment on the imm page. Marriage certificate, passport data page, change of name, court affidavit etc. Apply early cos it can take foreva to get your grant.

Is change of name complusory
I dont bear same name with my hubby and do not intend to change my name.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
sokoto:
Pls, for Those that DIBP Was already done with there application but the admission was already on and was told To get a new COE and differ there admission to Feb. 2018, pls when would there visa be granted, how many months b4 the resumption date .

Usually four months before school starts, that is, for those starting their course in February. Normally in November you should hear from them about your visa status
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
omoyemela:
Screenshot of the new statement.

Hmmmm
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
omoyemela:
Please I need the link to download this PDF
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cuteytohbad(f): 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
Mozoe:

Is change of name complusory
I dont bear same name with my hubby and do not intend to change my name.

Not sure. Bt u can check the immi page for requirments
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2017
omoyemela:

Can't find this on their website. Are you sure it is there or it's the agent just giving him a checklist of things so that his application can fly.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fenix: 1:12am On Sep 04, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please i'm asking this on behalf of a friend. How long does the Australian student visa process take? My friend applied and this is week 5 now and she hasn't heard anything back. Does it usually take this long to hear back?

Thank you!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 5:24am On Sep 04, 2017
You guys I need to eat good food ooo.

I'm bored already.

Where are you Nigerians in Sydney?

Don't abandon your person na

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:00am On Sep 04, 2017
omoyemela:
Hi guys just a quick info. Australia changed their sponsorship list last week. Only your parents, spouse and yourself can sponsor your studies in australia. There is also a new format for statement of purpose from the australian embassy. Info gotten from Bcie.

omoyemela:

The screenshot you uploaded said nothing about your statement above, can you support that with any official link?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:33am On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:

I'm bored already.

Where you Nigerians in Sydney?
Please what is this?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2017
omoyemela:

I am very sure oo. The agent called to inform him and he decided to discontinue his application as his sister was going to be his sponsor. He doesn't want to get another refusal cos he already has a Canadian refusal.
Homie your screen shots didn't show anything like who sponsors someone or nah. Moreover what you said is not even possible so stop making people feel sad here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:

I'm bored already.

Where you Nigerians in Sydney?
There are over 5000 restaurants in Sydney, you shouldn't be looking for good food. Define good food...and your budget/location then I can give suggestions.

This is a very big city and it's spread out. It's difficult to meet Nigerians unless you make plans to meetup with someone. There's no Nigerian community.

Btw why are you bored? Thought you came for business/conference cheesy
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 11:18am On Sep 04, 2017
Solitin40:

Please what is this?

There's rice there and the others, I have no idea.

I couldn't eat the rice cos it lacks salt.

I still have 6 more days in Sydney
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2017
ebere272:
Hi dear,followed ur updates so much.thanks so much for educating us.but i have one question
I want to my course upon arriving to WSU to graduate entry nursing.do I need to apply for a new visa for that while onshore Australia or would my original visa coverage it
I think that depends on the class of visa you come in with. If you're changing from Bsc to Bsc, there's no need to apply for a new visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2017
JewelStone:

There are over 5000 restaurants in Sydney, you shouldn't be looking for good food. Define good food...and your budget/location then I can give suggestions.

This is a very big city and it's spread out. It's difficult to meet Nigerians unless you make plans to meetup with someone. There's no Nigerian community.

Btw why are you bored? Thought you came for business/conference cheesy

Conference has been very very fruitful and interesting. From morning till late evening. Issue is, any other mill apart from Nigerian delicacies doesn't flow in my system.

I'm staying in a self serviced apartment with cooker, pots, etc practically everything, but to cook na wahala.

I'm staying not far from Kent street, NSW 2000. I had to go to wynyard station to get food .

Not budget cos I don't really care, but I need Nigerian meals.

That's all.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:50am On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:

There's rice there and the others, I have no idea.

I couldn't eat the rice cos it lacks salt.

I still have 6 more days in Sydney
grin grin You better go and buy bread and butter
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crownnygold: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2017
Your own wahala is naija meal when people are praying for good news....... God will make you find and grant us all our desires

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:
Conference has been very very fruitful and interesting. From morning till late evening. Issue is, any other mill apart from Nigerian delicacies doesn't flow in my system.

I'm staying in a self serviced apartment with cooker, pots, etc practically everything, but to cook na wahala.

I'm staying not far from Kent street, NSW 2000. I had to go to wynyard station to get food .

Not budget cos I don't really care, but I need Nigerian meals.

That's all.
Sorry can't help with Naija restaurant, I'm not sure there's one in Sydney. Why travel to a foreign city tho and insist on eating Naija food? This is an opportunity to explore other cuisines and have mad fun. I don't have this sort of problem sha, I eat all kinds of food.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ebere272: 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
JewelStone:

I think that depends on the class of visa you come in with. If you're changing from Bsc to Bsc, there's no need to apply for a new visa.
m.sc degree falls under what kind of visa cos am applying for m.sc in engineering to WSU but I intend to change from that to graduate entry nursing becos the course is not fully accredited by EA yet.it is on provisonal.
Read ur post that u switched from Masters to Nursing did u apply for a new visa over there or you enquired of the school.
pls advise urgently.thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
ebere272:
m.sc degree falls under what kind of visa cos am applying for m.sc in engineering to WSU but I intend to change from that to graduate entry nursing becos the course is not fully accredited by EA yet.it is on provisonal.
Read ur post that u switched from Masters to Nursing did u apply for a new visa over there or you enquired of the school.
pls advise urgently.thanks
I'm not sure what visa category Msc falls into now with the new rules but I didnt apply for a new visa when I changed ny course.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
JewelStone:

Sorry can't help with Naija restaurant, I'm not sure there's one in Sydney. Why travel to a foreign city tho and insist on eating Naija food? This is an opportunity to explore other cuisines and have mad fun. I don't have this sort of problem sha, I eat all kinds of food.

Are you in Sydney or Brisbane?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iykedpetes(m): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
crownnygold:
Your own wahala is naija meal when people are praying for good news....... God will make you find and grant us all our desires
.. Amen ..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:

I'm bored already.

lemme just teleport to your location and u will see that food is d least of my problems
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ebere272: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
JewelStone:

I'm not sure what visa category Msc falls into now with the new rules but I didnt apply for a new visa when I changed ny course.
I think both bachelor and masters are still under same visa category.can I pm u I could need ur guidance cos there also other things I would chat about for instance also coming with kids and hubby
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pristine88: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
davodyguy:

I'm bored already.

Hahaha this is what chased me from sydney lol
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
Mozoe:
lemme just teleport to your location and u will see that food is d least of my problems
Oya come na. I'll share my visa with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Empress2014(f): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
The other guy/lady that said sponsor should be spouse or parents as seems to be right

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
this screen shot has been on the department checklist whenever you put in schools not under advance level 1.what I am saying in essence is that it is not a new info and there is no official statement from the department that uncles or aunties can not be ones's sponsor.please let's try to come up with valid info before coming here to post base on here say.God bless you all.
Empress2014:
The other guy/lady that said sponsor should be spouse or parents as seems to be right

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Empress2014(f): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
omokay80:
this screen shot has been on the department checklist whenever you put in schools not under advance level 1.what I am saying in essence is that it is not a new info and there is no official statement from the department that uncles or aunties can not be ones's sponsor.please let's try to come up with valid info before coming here to post base on here say. God bless you all.
well....I didn't talk about AL1, I just posted what I read on the site which clearly state who should be a sponsor, please we are all here to help one another with the right info, I didn't post that to mislead anyone or pass any "invalid" info, and to the bolded, there is nothing like "hear say", it was posted first on this forum which prompt me to go check the website and decided to share.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omoyemela: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
omokay80:
this screen shot has been on the department checklist whenever you put in schools not under advance level 1.what I am saying in essence is that it is not a new info and there is no official statement from the department that uncles or aunties can not be ones's sponsor.please let's try to come up with valid info before coming here to post base on here say.God bless you all.

Oga sir its not hear say. I specified where I got the info from OK. Ring BCIE office and hear from them. I only posted it to help.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Very easy, calm down, DIBP hasn't stopped uncle's, aunties from sponsoring you. There is no official statement to back that up. Until there is one I won't believe what was posted earlier, if your aunty or uncle has to sponsor you, you need lots of conviction to prove to the CO that they can sponsor, a documentary and legal backing showing your connection with such person dats all. Hope my two cents will help you. No agent can tell u not use them, agents don't just want the stress of gathering documentary evidence to prove, these agents just want easy application process, so they always prefer you use your Parent or Spouse or Yourself as the case may be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.