Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252242 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 06, 2017
lizeeplus:
Hello everyone, I have been coming here quietly to read comments and encourage myself. I really appreciate the efforts people put in to encourage one another. I Applied for Student's visa since July and it finally arrived yesterday. I am heading to Sydney soon. The wait is not easy, just ask God for grace. Those in Sydney pls give me heads up or PM me. Thanks.

Congratulations
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 4:22am On Sep 06, 2017
davodyguy:
God bless you.
Back in Nigeria, I don't eat what you call crab(Akan in Yoruba) and Cray fish/prawn(Ede in yoruba)
They have to do with my health and nothing more.
I don't even drink alcohol or can stand near smokers.
Hence, I focus on what my system can take.
If you're selecting food because of your dietary requirements, that's understandable. Always safety first. Not all western food are raw, and you can always avoid foods that you are allergic. Anyways, it's more economical to cook your own food

WestAfrican:
davodyguy Try to stick with the food your system is used to. Reasons are you will save your self health and money. Western food should be eaten as a treat. There are heaps of Asian cum African shops in Sydney and Newie.
All you need is a large deep freezer, microwave (gas/electric stove) and few food containers.
Cook your food in a large pot, plate your meal portion into those containers and store them in the freezer. Then use when necessary.
You really don't need those tips if your are sponsored or earn above $2k weekly after tax.
I assure you you do need them if you are paying your tuition fees and may be looking after family back home
What has this got to do with food and what the poster was asking? $2,000 weekly after tax amounts to about $140,000 per annum. Whether sponsored, citizen or whatever, how many people in Australia make this sort of money comfortably without breaking their backs and working like slaves with no breaks, and which industries precisely?

Always trying so hard to show off much? You better not make someone back home commit suicide based on stories.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 4:37am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

What has this got to do with food and what the poster was asking? $2,000 weekly after tax amounts to about $140,000 per annum. Whether sponsored, citizen or whatever, how many people in Australia make this sort of money comfortably without breaking their backs and working like slaves with no breaks, and which industries precisely?

Always trying so hard to show off much? You better not make someone back home commit suicide based on stories.

As in ehn.
Lol
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 4:47am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

If you're selecting food because of your dietary requirements, that's understandable. Always safety first. Not all western food are raw, and you can always avoid foods that you are allergic. Anyways, it's more economical to cook your own food

Someone God would bless honoured me last night with some Nigerian delicacies. I'm not sure I can finish all between now and Sunday. Fortunately, she didn't collect a kobo. I have to find a way to pay her back cheesy

I think he's making and inference/Scenario, not a factual position
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 5:07am On Sep 06, 2017
My friend work with Sydney Trains as an Engineer and makes $3200 before tax. And other IT guys make $80 an hour.

JewelStone:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 5:59am On Sep 06, 2017
WestAfrican:
My friend work with Sydney Trains as an Engineer and makes $3200 before tax. And other IT guys make $80 an hour
So just a few people then? You made it sound like it's the norm. I made $2000-$2500 weekly after tax during uni break as a Youth Worker. But I have reduced my hours cos it wasn't worth it; I was paying way too much taxes and my body hurt so bad that it took 1 week of nightly massages to recover! Youth work is easy with excellent Sydney rates, wouldn't have tried that with hard jobs such as factory, disabilty, warehouse, construction etc cos it's suicide mission.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 6:07am On Sep 06, 2017
http://www.afr.com/leadership/careers/australias-top-50-highest-paying-jobs-20161204-gt3uzx

https://www.seek.com.au/registered-nurse-jobs?salaryrange=120000-999999&salarytype=annual

Ofd course you need a degree and some level of experience to earn $2000 / week without stress.
Again when i mentioned about earning $2000 as a student I was only stressing the need of living a simple life in order to save more for more important things.

Mozoe:

As in ehn.
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 6:10am On Sep 06, 2017
You are driving too fast.
You need to read that post again and have a fun understanding of it. I just don't want to get into keyboard war with you.

JewelStone:

So just a few people then? You made it sound like it's the norm. I made $2000-$2500 weekly after tax during uni break as a Youth Worker. But I have reduced my hours cos it wasn't worth it; I was paying way too much taxes and my body hurt so bad that it took 1 week of nightly massages to recover! Youth work is easy with excellent Sydney rates, wouldn't have tried that with hard jobs such as factory, disabilty, warehouse, construction etc cos it's suicide mission.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2017
WestAfrican:
You are driving too fast.
You need to read that post again and have a fun understanding of it. I just don't want to get into keyboard war with you.
When I asked how many people in Australia make that much $$$, I was expecting figures and stats but you came back with a story about two people "you know". I'm sorry if my post seems like keyboard war to you, that wasn't my intention at all. But next time you don't have facts to back up your claims, just buzz off. Or better still, quit showing off . People who are really well off don't show off ffs.

WestAfrican:
http://www.afr.com/leadership/careers/australias-top-50-highest-paying-jobs-20161204-gt3uzx
https://www.seek.com.au/registered-nurse-jobs?salaryrange=120000-999999&salarytype=annual

Ofd course you need a degree and some level of experience to earn $2000 / week without stress.
Again when i mentioned about earning $2000 as a student I was only stressing the need of living a simple life in order to save more for more important things.
The first link is the list of highest paying jobs in Australia which consist mostly of surgeons, medical doctors, company directors, senior civil servants and politicians.

The second link is just fake salary quotes from Agencies who are looking for casual staff, not fulltime registered nurse jobs. I'm a student nurse, my tutors and some of colleagues are registered nurses, and nobody makes close to $200,000 per annum on a fulltime job without stress and working deadly hours. You would have to be a nursing manager with heaps of experience and lot's of stress to make over $150,000 in Sydney which has the highest salaries in the country! Please stop misleading people with fake stories and links
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2017
WestAfrican:

O boi.
Such an eye opener.

See public servants cry
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2017
lizeeplus:
Hello everyone, I have been coming here quietly to read comments and encourage myself. I really appreciate the efforts people put in to encourage one another. I Applied for Student's visa since July and it finally arrived yesterday. I am heading to Sydney soon. The wait is not easy, just ask God for grace. Those in Sydney pls give me heads up or PM me. Thanks.

Congratulations, when ur program will start?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mozoe(f): 6:48am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

If u made that amt after tax then he is right.
We understand that nothing good comes easy.

May God help 9ja o
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2017
Mozoe:
If u made that amt after tax then he is right.
We understand that nothing good comes easy.
May God help 9ja o
Ok. Whatever
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Toche1: 7:12am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

Ok. Whatever

I have been observing your comments here and personally it has been disturbing. Though you think you you might have gathered alot experience then again, the existent of your agitation is off the roof
Some people are here for one purpose only which is information!!!
Please abeg dont allow the pages extend with ill mannered attitude

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2017
Toche1:
I have been observing your comments here and personally it has been disturbing. Though you think you you might have gathered alot experience then again, the existent of your agitation is off the roof
Some people are here for one purpose only which is information!!!
Please abeg dont allow the pages extend with ill mannered attitude
Ok. Whatever
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iykedpetes(m): 7:20am On Sep 06, 2017
lizeeplus:
.. congratulations I tapped on ur testimony
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 7:54am On Sep 06, 2017
davodyguy:

Someone God would bless honoured me last night with some Nigerian delicacies. I'm not sure I can finish all between now and Sunday. Fortunately, she didn't collect a kobo. I have to find a way to pay her back cheesy

Hmm. I know the person. It's good she agreed to meet up. And please try to thank her properly so you are not termed ungrateful adult ���. I just waka pass. Just kidding oh.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokoto: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=Stanleyelege post=60175607]

Congratulations

Pls are u starting your programme by Feb. 2018?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokoto: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2017
lizeeplus:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokoto: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Lizeeplus, a big congrats to you, are you staring your programme by February 2018?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2017
Lolz please calm down you are just being an ignoramus. I am not a student i was years ago and I know whats its like being one.
I gave someone an advice on how to live a simple life and comcluded by saying unless they are sponsored or earn above $2k after tax the advice won't be relevant for them. What is wrong with that? You accused me of giving false information and showing off (surprised).

I told you of two people I personally know who earn above $2k a week after tax. Is that example not sufficient?

You can work for companies or oragnizations here as a casual worker and still be paid more than a permanent staff. Same applies to those who work for agencies too.

If you know an organization that pays 150k/yr find out from a casual work from that same company if they don't get $40-$70k as extra loading.

Refer to your previous post and you will realize you are the ome showing off.

JewelStone:

When I asked how many people in Australia make that much $$$, I was expecting figures and stats but you came back with a story about two people "you know". I'm sorry if my post seems like keyboard war to you, that wasn't my intention at all. But next time you don't have facts to back up your claims, just buzz off. Or better still, quit showing off . People who are really well off don't show off ffs.

The first link is the list of highest paying jobs in Australia which consist mostly of surgeons, medical doctors, company directors, senior civil servants and politicians.

The second link is just fake salary quotes from Agencies who are looking for casual staff, not fulltime registered nurse jobs. I'm a student nurse, my tutors and some of colleagues are registered nurses, and nobody makes close to $200,000 per annum on a fulltime job without stress and working deadly hours. You would have to be a nursing manager with heaps of experience and lot's of stress to make over $150,000 in Sydney which has the highest salaries in the country! Please stop misleading people with fake stories and links

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2017
WestAfrican:
Lolz please calm down you are just being an ignoramus. I am not a student i was years ago and I know whats its like being one.
I gave someone an advice on how to live a simple life and comcluded by saying unless they are sponsored or earn above $2k after tax the advice won't be relevant for them.
What is wrong with that? You accused me of giving false information and showing off (surprised).
I told you of two people I personally know who earn above $2k a week after tax. Is that example not sufficient?
You can work for companies or oragnizations here as a casual worker and still be paid more than a permanent staff. Same applies to those who work for agencies too.
If you know an organization that pays 150k/yr find out from a casual work from that same company if they don't get $40-$70k as extra loading.
Refer to your previous post and you will realize you are the ome showing off.
So in your logic, only people who make $2k weekly after tax can afford to buy food ingredients from Asian/African shops and cook their own meals? Yeah I know that casual rates are higher cos I'm a casual staff, but you'll still work your ass off to make $2k weekly after tax. Anyways, I'm done talking about salaries blah blah blah, don't have nothing to gain or lose.

Please nobody should quote me further on this topic.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 8:54am On Sep 06, 2017
Hubby cooked my favourite dinner last night and it was so yummy: steak, mushrooms and fries.

I'm off now to cook him a nice dinner in appreciation.
Haterz can jump off a cliff or choke on fishbone smiley

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijaaussie(m): 9:08am On Sep 06, 2017
@WestAfrican. You don't need to argue with her @Jewelstone. She doesn't seem to know much, she is new in Australia and thinks she knows it all with her little Youth work/disability/student nurse experience. She needs to learn more and move all around Australia. Workers in Western Australia & ACT earn way better than those in NSW.

As a doctorate student, I get about $28k per annum as living stipends and I also work as a casual academic at the rate of $120 per hour. Most times I work as little as 25hrs per week and still make $2,067 (after tax) weekly.

I have other friends with jobs such as: physiotherapist, occupational therapist (not management level) that make about $5,000 forthrightly after tax. Other friends that are surveyors, technicians etc (with just diploma certificates) get more than the aforementioned rates.

@JewelStone, please do not mislead people on here. You are not well informed. I think you should restrict your responses to study visa issues!

13 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chelseafan1: 9:13am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

So in your logic, only people who make $2k weekly after tax can afford to buy food ingredients from Asian/African shops and cook their own meals? Yeah I know that casual rates are higher cos I'm a casual staff, but you'll still work your ass off to make $2k weekly after tax. Anyways, I'm done talking about salaries blah blah blah, don't have nothing to gain or lose.

Please nobody should quote me further on this topic.

Make me understand you please. This working your ass off, what does it really mean? Working from 8 to 5pm or more. Like doing multiple jobs right?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2017
WestAfrican:

1) He may be given a 1.6yrs visa. That will allow him to prolly attend his convocation cum apply for a graduate visa that will allow him continue to work legally whilst gathering his documents for PR application.

3) Yes he is as explained in question one. He may need to write an english exam before he can apply.

For a 1 year course, I dont think there would be up to 6 additional months. My course was for 1.5 years. It finished June/July and the visa expired August ending, not even enough to attend convocation that held in September.

Also, I thought the post study/graduate visa was for those who met the Australian study requirement of 2 years study. Things may have changed though.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2017
Chelseafan1:
Make me understand you please. This working your ass off, what does it really mean? Working from 8 to 5pm or more. Like doing multiple jobs right?
Multiple jobs with 60+ hours per week, not 8 to 5pm

Naijaaussie:
@WestAfrican. You don't need to argue with her @Jewelstone. She doesn't seem to know much, she is new in Australia and thinks she knows it all with her little Youth work/disability/student nurse experience. She needs to learn more and move all around Australia. Workers in Western Australia & ACT earn way better than those in NSW. As a doctorate student, I get about $28k per annum as living stipends and I also work as a casual academic at the rate of $120 per hour. Most times I work as little as 25hrs per week and still make $2,067 (after tax) weekly. I have other friends with jobs such as: physiotherapist, occupational therapist (not management level) that make about $5,000 forthrightly after tax. Other friends that are surveyors, technicians etc (with just diploma certificates) get more than the aforementioned rates. @JewelStone, please do not mislead people on here. You are not well informed. I think you should restrict your responses to study visa issues!
Blah blah blah. Ok "doctorate student", whatever. Thanks for letting me know what I should or shouldn't respond to. Pillock
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chelseafan1: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

Multiple jobs with 60+ hours per week, not 8 to 5pm

Crazy!!! To make legit money sef no just easy.
God help us.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2017
I saw this before but didnt respond. Since the issue came up again...

AUD 41,000 is less than the entry level salary for Social Workers in Sydney. It's a great career path and you can make heaps of money if you're smart... some of my colleagues easily make AUD 100,000 per year (not managerial level) with no stress. Yeah I know, the salaries in Sydney are awesome...one of the reasons it's the best city to be right now!!!

This is the way I understand it. I might be wrong.

100,000 per year / 52 weeks = 1923 per week.

Lets assume 'no stress' is doing 60 hours per week. 1923/60 = At least 32 per hour.

If we assume its a normal work week of 38 hours then it goes up to 50 per hour.

Yes, I know there is Saturday, Sunday and public holiday loading but even with that? Please, people who know should show us the way o. Na beg I dey. Lol
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2017
ideamaster:
I saw this before but didnt respond. Since the issue came up again...
This is the way I understand it. I might be wrong.
100,000 per year / 52 weeks = 1923 per week.
Lets assume 'no stress' is doing 60 hours per week. 1923/60 = At least 32 per hour.
If we assume its a normal work week of 38 hours then it goes up to 50 per hour.
Yes, I know there is Saturday, Sunday and public holiday loading but even with that? Please, people who know should show us the way o. Na beg I dey. Lol
Yeah I wrote that and when I said no stress, I meant the job isn't stressful, not the hours. Of course they work long hours to make that much. $100,000 per annum is averagely $1923 before tax, and $1410 after tax. $2000 after tax seems to be the contender here. I'm not saying people don't earn that much, all I'm saying is that few professions earn that without stress, most Australians will have to work very long hours to earn that amount of $$$.

60 hours per week is 22 hours overtime, and it's stressful if one has a family and a social life.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 10:41am On Sep 06, 2017
Churkie:

Hmm. I know the person. It's good she agreed to meet up. And please try to thank her properly so you are not termed ungrateful adult ���. I just waka pass. Just kidding oh.

Jesus.

So you're the one.

Na wa oo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:
Hubby cooked my favourite dinner last night and it was so yummy: steak, mushrooms and fries.

I'm off now to cook him a nice dinner in appreciation.
Haterz can jump off a cliff or choke on fishbone smiley

You dey show yaself abi? tongue

Instead of you to meet up with me, jeje

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.