Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Help With My Item Stucked With DHL - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Help With My Item Stucked With DHL (8647 Views)

Pls Help, Is This Item Already At The Post Office? / Offerup And Letgo Item Pickup Around CONNECTICUT. / How Do I Ship Item To Nigeria From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2017
Got two phones 2 weeks ago from China (aliexpress). The phone arrived in Nigeria last week Tuesday and since then, it's been stucked with DHL. It's one update to another tracking the item. Just two economic phones and they were telling me, it's with NDLEA then custom for some sort of Clearance. I was made to understand that this their Clearance claim is a lie because custom don't check goods less than a particular amount of weight and value. What has NDLEA got to do with phone. The best they can do is check if it's truly phone that is inside. I have called their customer service tire. It's have patience they keep saying. Till when? I don't know. Anyone that has experienced this before should please share insight with me. I am loosing it already with DHL.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 08, 2017
Ndlea will seize,phones,laptops and iPads...go to their office and talk to them...all they want is money....I paid 20k to get my MacBook and iPhone 7

1 Like

Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 08, 2017
Next time,use a company name,they do not seize that
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 8:33pm On May 08, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Ndlea will seize,phones,laptops and iPads...go to their office and talk to them...all they want is money....I paid 20k to get my MacBook and iPhone 7
This country is just lawless mehn. What has NDLEA got to do with phones and laptops. You mean I should go to NDLEAs office or DHL office? I am far from Lagos state. How much is the phone self that I will have to bribe before I get it angry. They should not be unfortunate.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 8:35pm On May 08, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Next time,use a company name,they do not seize that
Thanks for the tip. Just seeing different update. Now it's the seller's export license they want. I know they will still ask of his birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 08, 2017
If you want to claim its legal,they will ask for so many things and if you provide those documents,they will give you an email and tell you to forward it....Then you will wait months before they will reply your mail
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2017
Benz4pimp:
If you want to claim its legal,they will ask for so many things and if you provide those documents,they will give you an email and tell you to forward it....Then you will wait months before they will reply your mail
Bro see the attached pictures. You are right those bastards want to collect money. But who am I paying to? Custom or DHL? Someone has told me that DHL does this kind of thing because Customs don't check goods less than 500kg and less than 500 dollars worth. Am suspecting DHL but they are a big brand.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 9:11pm On May 08, 2017
Here

Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by fibonacci2526: 9:30pm On May 08, 2017
So sad ooo,chai shebi u for kuku use the normal shipping method if u know say these bastards go do like this. Very unfortunate.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 9:37pm On May 08, 2017
fibonacci2526:
So sad ooo,chai shebi u for kuku use the normal shipping method if u know say these bastards go do like this. Very unfortunate.
Thank you ma. Wanted to explore new route ma ni. Bought it from one seller on alibaba. Should have been using my AES jeje.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by fibonacci2526: 9:45pm On May 08, 2017
Theloveth:

Thank you ma. Wanted to explore new route ma ni. Bought it from one seller on alibaba. Should have been using my AES jeje.

Na wa o,I don't think merchants on Alibaba use Singapore post sha. Hope you get your items soon.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Na wa o,I don't think merchants on Alibaba use Singapore post sha. Hope you get your items soon.
Amen and thank you. It's bribe they want those thieves.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 08, 2017
You are paying to ndlea,then u will also pay custom duty...a guy once wanted to get an iPad mini,the iPad is worth 28k,ndlea charged him 20k,custom duty charged 11k.he paid customs duty even before the item was seized by ndlea,he had to write a letter to DHL that he wants to forfeit the item
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Samjr(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2017
Go to there office at that nahco cargo center and request for your item as far as it dhl you MUST get your goods
Theloveth:
Got two phones 2 weeks ago from China (aliexpress). The phone arrived in Nigeria last week Tuesday and since then, it's been stucked with DHL. It's one update to another tracking the item. Just two economic phones and they were telling me, it's with NDLEA then custom for some sort of Clearance. I was made to understand that this their Clearance claim is a lie because custom don't check goods less than a particular amount of weight and value. What has NDLEA got to do with phone. The best they can do is check if it's truly phone that is inside. I have called their customer service tire. It's have patience they keep saying. Till when? I don't know. Anyone that has experienced this before should please share insight with me. I am loosing it already with DHL.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 6:30am On May 09, 2017
Benz4pimp:
You are paying to ndlea,then u will also pay custom duty...a guy once wanted to get an iPad mini,the iPad is worth 28k,ndlea charged him 20k,custom duty charged 11k.he paid customs duty even before the item was seized by ndlea,he had to write a letter to DHL that he wants to forfeit the item
I hope my case don't turn to this.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 6:34am On May 09, 2017
Samjr:
Go to there office at that nahco cargo center and request for your item as far as it dhl you MUST get your goods
But they claim it's undergoing custom and ndlea clearance or so. The last update I got was the picture I attached. Seems they want to collect one bribe or so. Don't really know the guilty part here, DHL or CUSTOM?. I am not in Lagos. And I doubt if they will give me the good straight self with the nonsense they are updating. Tired for this country.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Samjr(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2017
Bear with then and give they time they don't mess around with my goods and surprise to hear this...
Theloveth:

But they claim it's undergoing custom and ndlea clearance or so. The last update I got was the picture I attached. Seems they want to collect one bribe or so. Don't really know the guilty part here, DHL or CUSTOM?. I am not in Lagos. And I doubt if they will give me the good straight self with the nonsense they are updating. Tired for this country.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Darkseid(m): 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
I bought a phone from Jumia that was shipped from overseas through DHL. The phone arrived Nigeria after two weeks but was held by customs for over one week. I finally got the phone after four weeks of shipping without paying any extra charge. I'll advice you wait a little.
My favourite shipping company has always been NL post. I usually get any item shipped through them in less than two weeks.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2017
Samjr:
Bear with then and give they time they don't mess around with my goods and surprise to hear this...
It's a week now. The update am seeing now is that I will pay one custom duty or so. Tired of their bullshit mehn.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2017
Darkseid:
I bought a phone from Jumia that was shipped from overseas through DHL. The phone arrived Nigeria after two weeks but was held by customs for over one week. I finally got the phone after four weeks of shipping without paying any extra charge. I'll advice you wait a little.
My favourite shipping company has always been NL post. I usually get any item shipped through them in less than two weeks.
4 weeks! Guess I have to wait then.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2017
They have dropped the hammer. I am to pay one useless ASYCUNDA duty of #19501 am crying here.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by mjay(m): 7:10pm On May 10, 2017
Jesus ¡¡¡
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by fibonacci2526: 7:38pm On May 10, 2017
Theloveth:
They have dropped the hammer. I am to pay one useless ASYCUNDA duty of #19501 am crying here.

Thats so sad. Very very.

DHL should be doing something about this custom duties though.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Theloveth(m): 9:25pm On May 10, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Thats so sad. Very very.

DHL should be doing something about this custom duties though.
I don't know for them o. After paying a premium for shipping. You know the funny thing? they still went ahead to add like 2k or so to the 17300 from Customs. Claiming one admistrative whatever . This country is just useless.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by newweight: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
dhl bill me i paid 43k 800 naira
after they say ndlea seized it
that they ask for purchase receipt
intl passport of sender
i.d
after i have spent close to 87k both in shipping and duity
my status from dhl

Oct 10, 2017
08:57 am
Uncontrollable Clearance DelayDHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 09, 2017
06:20 pm
Customs status updatedDHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 09, 2017
01:22 pm
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 09, 2017
11:42 am
Clearance DelayDHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 06, 2017
08:50 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 05, 2017
09:46 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 04, 2017
10:27 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Oct 03, 2017
09:59 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 29, 2017
09:05 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 29, 2017
09:04 am
Clearance processing complete at LAGOS - NIGERIADHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 28, 2017
09:46 am
Shipment on holdDHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 28, 2017
09:16 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 28, 2017
08:01 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
04:57 pm
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
04:13 pm
Shipment on holdDHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
02:52 pm
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
02:44 pm
Uncontrollable Clearance DelayDHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
02:44 pm
Processed for clearance at LAGOS - NIGERIADHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
02:08 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility LAGOS - NIGERIADHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
01:47 pm
Departed Facility in LAGOS - NIGERIADHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
01:46 pm
Processed at LAGOS - NIGERIADHL Express
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
10:07 am
LAGOS - NIGERIA
Sep 27, 2017
06:04 am
Departed Facility in BRUSSELS - BELGIUMDHL Express
BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by newweight: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
i cannot bribe anyone
what concerns ndlea with my shipment
after that they will say lastma too hold shipment
i will not pay a dime
and if i find out that the shipment has been damaged or tampered with.
big problem
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by kaycodes: 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
newweight:
i cannot bribe anyone
what concerns ndlea with my shipment
after that they will say lastma too hold shipment
i will not pay a dime
and if i find out that the shipment has been damaged or tampered with.
big problem

Have you gotten your item? Was it a laptop or electronic device. I am seeing shipment on hold on mine
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by skillzlujan(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2019
kaycodes:

Have you gotten your item? Was it a laptop or electronic device. I am seeing shipment on hold on mine

bro please how did you solve yours when it was saying shipment on hold ?
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by kaycodes: 1:08am On Feb 13, 2019
skillzlujan:

bro please how did you solve yours when it was saying shipment on hold ?

I called Amazon support, na them follow up with DHL. I don't have time for their nonsense in this country.
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by rapcy(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello all, how about we create a thread calling out DHL and make sure it hits front page, We should also call them out on Twitter too. I've read a lot of issues concerning this same extortion, more than 100.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by Abrahamdgreat(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
rapcy:
Hello all, how about we create a thread calling out DHL and make sure it hits front page, We should also call them out on Twitter too. I've read a lot of issues concerning this same extortion, more than 100.
No b dem cause am... Buharis administration imposed Import duties on many items so it's actually a normal thing now sir
Re: Help With My Item Stucked With DHL by jaid23: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Sorry about the hurdle u are facing, experinced the same thing with dhl this time last year with regards an iphone7 i bought online.

Was made to provide different sort of docs. After paying custom duties of over 50k, I was told NDLEA and DSS held d package. They gave me a mail to foward some proofs that i bought with my money. I sent they didnt reply me after two days.

Now to what i did, i resent the mail after 2days of not reply whereby i CC a parody email with some synonyms of “lawyer’ like barrblablabla@lawofficeblabla.com with the email i sent them. Voila!that night, i recieved a reply that my document has been verified and ready to shipout to my address. Next day i got my phone delivered to my house by DHL.

Theloveth:

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Original (VERY BRIGHT) IPHONE 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 6+, 6S+,7... SCREEN (NOW AVAILABLE) / New Samsung galaxy s6 edge and s6 Wireless Charger For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.