Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident (78901 Views)

Nollywood Actor Ceejay Perez Dies In Fatal Motor Accident(photos) / Popular Actress Dies In A Fatal Car Crash After Writing About Her Death[PHOTOS] / Actor Ozor Akubueze Dies In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by busoye19: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2010
TOP STORIES - Rap Singer Eminem died this morning in a terrible car crash.The cause of this horrible accident was blamed for the cell phone that he was using when riding in his car.It is thought that he was not paying attention when he swerved into an oncoming truck.

He was brought to a hospital in critical condition, but he died from bleeding to death."There was really nothing we could do to help him"said Dr. Adams who was taking care of Eminem at the time.
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by AloyEmeka3: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2010
[size=18pt]Is Eminem Dead? Did Eminem Die in a Car Crash?[/size]
From the Mailbag
By David Emery, About.com Guide
See More About:eminemcelebrity death rumorsmusician urban legends
[size=16pt]
Fake news story claims Eminem died in a car crash
[/size]

We read on the Internet on Sunday, December 17 that Slim Shady, a.k.a. Eminem, died in a car crash at 2:30 in the morning. According to this article he was on his way to a late-night party and was drunk and high on drugs.

We can't seem to locate the site. Can you find out if this is true or not?

Dear Reader:

There's a very good reason you can't find the website — it's already been deleted. Another reader sent me the URL shortly before I received your message, but when I tried to access the page, which I'm told was a decent spoof of CNN's online news site, it was gone.

The article was also posted on a bogus MTV page, now deleted as well. Emails containing the URLs and the headline "Rapper Eminem Dies in Car Accident" began circulating among AOL users on Saturday; by Sunday the pages were nowhere to be found.

Here, from a newsgroup posting, is the full text attributed to, but not actually published on, CNN:

December 15, 2000
Web posted at 6:12 a.m. EST (0012 GMT)

Rapper "Eminem" Dies in Car Accident.

Multi-platinum artist Marshall Mathers, known by the stage name "Eminem", was killed at 2:30AM EST while driving a rental car on his way to a late-night party.

Mathers, who authorities believe was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, was behind the wheel of a Saturn coupe that witnesses say swerved to avoid a slow moving vehicle, then lost control and slammed into a grove of trees.

The car was crumpled by the impact, making extraction of Mather's body very difficult. He was declared dead on the scene by paramedics who arriced a short time later.

Authorities would not comment on details surrounding the accident other than to confirm the identity of the victim.

Mathers was 26.

Clearly a hoax. No legitimate news sources have reported the death of Marshall Mathers. The following denial was posted on Eminem's official website:

"Despite sick-minded ne'er do-well attempts to create a state of panic in this grand country by virtue of a well-crafted CNN.com fake news story prank, our beloved Slim Shady is alive and well," the statement reads. "Marshall is alive and at home with his family for the holidays in Detroit. And he wishes all of you shady holidays and a dirty new year."

2010 Update: Versions of this hoax have continued to circulate on and off since the earliest posting in 2000. The most recent variant (as of January 2010) reads as follows:

EMINEM DIES IN FATAL CAR ACCIDENT
TOP STORIES - Rap Singer Eminem died this morning in a terrible car crash. The cause of this horrible accident was blamed for the cell phone that he was using when riding in his car. It is thought that he was not paying attention when he swerved into an oncoming truck.

He was brought to a hospital in critical condition, but he died from bleeding to death. "There was really nothing we could do to help him" said Dr. Adams who was taking care of Eminem at the time.We will always remember Eminem from his music and his words. MTV will be having a special memorial program for him.

"First it's Pac then it's Biggie then Eminem" said Snoop Dogg, another famous rap singer.

Again, this rumor has been circulating for years. Until you read about it in a legitimate news source, consider it false.
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by mamagee3(f): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
Rumour mongering is bad for you! cool
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by denzel2009: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2010
Iro nla
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by ichommy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2010
TOP STORIES - Rap Singer Eminem died this morning in a terrible car crash.The cause of this horrible accident was blamed for the cell phone that he was using when riding in his car.It is thought that he was not paying attention when he swerved into an oncoming truck.

Marshal Mathers

He was brought to a hospital in critical condition, but he died from bleeding to death."There was really nothing we could do to help him"said Dr. Adams who was taking care of Eminem at the time.We will always remember Eminem from his music and his words.MTV will be having a special memorial program for him.

"First it's Pac then it's Biggie then Eminem"said Snoop Dogg,another famous rap singer.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/yahoonews000/
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by MrCrackles(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2010
What kind of rubbish is this
When today is not the 1st of April
Even if it is. . . Peeps shouldnt come up with some insane schitzo. . .
Dammit!! angry
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by darne(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2010
BIG JOKE,  cheesy cheesy cheesy foool  angry
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by denzel2009: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2010
ichommy:

Marshal Mathers

He was brought to a hospital in critical condition, but he died from bleeding to death."There was really nothing we could do to help him"said Dr. Adams who was taking care of Eminem at the time.We will always remember Eminem from his music and his words.MTV will be having a special memorial program for him.

"First it's Pac then it's Biggie then Eminem"said Snoop Dogg,another famous rap singer.

What kind of link is that?  did you see the date?
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by manmustwac(m): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2010
@busoye
you should be banned for spreading rumours angry
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by spikedcylinder: 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2010
ichommy:

Marshal Mathers

Dude, this link is from 2003.
Does anyone have anything more reliable?
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by mystikal(m): 3:01am On Jan 10, 2010
Useless as the zero after a decimal
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by busoye19: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2010
manmustwac:

@busoye
you should be banned for spreading rumours  angry
Why? I read it somewhere too. And I pasted it here purposely for people to react. So that we can find out the truth.
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by yme1(f): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
its no rumour i think
God help us undecided
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by darne(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2010
y me:

its no rumour i think
God help us undecided

How is he related to you ??
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by MrCrackles(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2010
Poster. . .
You should be bit.ch slapped for cooking up this thread i swear. . .
Get facts right before posting sensitive information like this on a public forum
Next time if you get the opportunity to use the internet, make the most of it. .
Spunk head!
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by calabaman(m): 2:17am On Jan 11, 2010
not funny
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by rashy(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2010
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by mukina2: 11:59am On Jan 11, 2010
"Despite sick-minded ne'er do-well attempts to create a state of panic in this grand country by virtue of a well-crafted CNN.com fake news story prank, our beloved Slim Shady is alive and well," the statement reads. "Marshall is alive and at home with his family for the holidays in Detroit. And he wishes all of you shady holidays and a dirty new year."

grin grin grin grin
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by Babylove1(f): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
stop wishing some one evil pls
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by Pamperme: 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ poster

ode ni e. Oniro oshi. angry
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by yme1(f): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
darne:

How is he related to you ??
is that a riddle or what undecided
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by phemmy88(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
Am sick nd tired of dis false story let pple be careful
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by ohisng(m): 9:55am On Jan 19, 2010
u should be ashamed of spreading rumors! Dont u have a job or something better to do?
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by Princessty(f): 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
If Eminem is Dead Den Y Was he At D 2010 BET Awards
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by kimmi11: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2012
The car accidents occur, when the concentration of the driver’s becomes diverted from the way. When we drive the car, we should not attempts the phone calls, don’t read anything and don’t put CD’s in the players while driving.
injury lawyer tampa
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by BennyXL(m): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
what if i say, @Busoye19 dies in a tragic keke accident? i fink it would b a great news #thinking tongue angry

Quit giving scam information pls angry
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2012
I really hate this sort of fake joke I swear.
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by poshpimkiey(f): 12:01am On Jan 03, 2013
liars cry. stop spreading it before T.B Joshy hears u n claims that it was his prophecy dat came true
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
I thought I saw 2010 somewhere....
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by daryoor(m): 2:53am On Jan 04, 2013
oya kneel down, raise your hands and close yr eyes.
Re: Eminem Dies In Fatal Car Accident by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]Thou shalt not deliberately post false information.[/size]

(1)

10 Rich Naija Celebrities Who Rarely Flaunt Their Wealth On Social Media(photos) / Bobrisky Gets Physical With A Man That Bashed His New Range Rover / Coronavirus: Rihanna Sent Ventilator To Her Father After He Tested Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.