Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) (24959 Views)

Popular Nigerians Who Died In 2015 / Seven Popular Nigerians Who Died In 2014 / 2Pac's Grave Found: Is He Dead or Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by dtwsola(m): 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2007
Sharetroll, you obviously grew up in Yankee if you think Olajuwon is more globally popular than Okocha, Kanu or even Taribo. Many Nigerians have never even heard of Olajuwon, talkless of that Olowokandi guy . I like basketball, but it does not touch football (real football) in terms of global popularity.

And on subject, Fela is definitely the most popular and well respected Nigerian. I just wish we could have more original Nigerian artists lke him, but it seems all of our artists want to be poor Western copycats nowadays.
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Segesexy: 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2007
The name 419 is my number one!, He's Nigerian, ko?
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 02, 2007
I totally agree with epiphany,
it just has to be okocha and kanu, then you can talk about obasanjo. These guys are known by literates and illiterates, northerners and southerners, nigerians all over; foreigners, the 7 continents in the world.
talking about lemar, tuface, sade, olajuwon, babangida,chinua achebe, fela and co., they are either known well where they operate or operated or just known a little where they didnt operate.
In most countries i have visited, what the people use in identifying nigerians are either kanu/okocha or fraudsters.
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by adeboo(f): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2007
Definately;

- Professor Wole Soyinka
- Mrs Ransome Kuti (Fela's mum for being the first woman driver)
- JJ Okotcha and Kanu
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by richylaw(m): 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2007
Okocha and Kanu with no dispute pleaazzzzeeeee are the most famous Nigerian known internationally. Everywhere I have been on the globe , their names comes on as soon as I introduce myself as a Nigerian. Baba Sege and all this other people you are mentioning are sure local champion, sorry to say.
I REST MY CASE
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Elpee(f): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2007
IBEXY:

O boy!
so Chamillionaire is Nigerian?
I knew it !
That dude looks like someone I used to know in Ajegunle.
Trust naijaman, see the kin name wey im choose sef.

He's never lived in Naija sooo i doubt ull kno him, heard he's 4rm Oyo State, father Naija mother 4rm another continent.
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by hbrednic: 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2007
okocha, kalu and fela are for real. the rest like @richylaw said are just playing on local level.
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Coleslove: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2007
Pointblank:

DEPRIEYE ALAMIEYESEGHA.

YEAH, ITS GOT TO BE HIM

shocked shocked shocked Can't be serious
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Coleslove: 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2007
Hey, Where's my name in that list Ok, i thought you said in Future grin grin grin
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by LePhilippe(m): 12:21am On Apr 03, 2007
The most popular Nigerian ever of all time has to be, Abasanjo
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by ogorluv(m): 12:28am On Apr 03, 2007
Pointblank:

DEPRIEYE ALAMIEYESEGHA.

YEAH, ITS GOT TO BE HIM
Him? Don't you mean her? Its all so confusing. undecided undecided grin
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by juliesanto(f): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2007
My people, this list below shows the most popular Nigerians home and Abroad.

LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS NAMES OF DEPOSITORS

LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS

NAMES OF DEPOSITORS LONDON SWISS($) USA ($) GERMANY (D)

GEN IBRAHIM BABANGIDA 6.25bn 7.41bn 2.00bn 9.00bn

GEN ABUBAKAR 1.31bn 2.33bn 800M

REAR ADMIRAL MIKE AKHIGBE 1.24bn 2.42bn 671M 1bn

GEN JERRY USENI 3.04bn 2.01bn 1.01bn 900M

ALH ISMAILA GWARZO 1.03bn 2.00bn 1.3bn 700M

ALH UMARU DIKKO 4.5bn 1.4bn 700M 345M

PAUL OGWUMA 300M 1.42bn 200M 500M

GEN SANI ABACHA 9.01bn 4.09bn 800M 3.01M

MOHAMMED ABACHA 300M 1.2bn 150M 535M

ABDULKADIR ABACHA 700M 1.21bn 900M 471M

ALHAJI WADA NAS 600M 1.32bn 300M

TOM IKIMI 400M 1.39bn 152M 371M

DAN ETETE 1.12bn 1.03bn 400M 1.72bn

DON ETIBET 2.5bn 1.06bn 700M 361M

MAJ AL MUSTAPHA 600M 1.001bn 210M

ANTHONY ANI 2.9bn 1.09bn 360M 1.66bn

BASHIR DALHATU 2.3bn 1.001bn 161M 1.43bn

GEN WUSHISHI 700M 1.301bn

ALH HASSAN ADAMU 300M 200M 700M

T Y DANJUMA 300M 200M 700M

GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI 120M 800M
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by alanbolo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2007
@ Juliesanto, where is the list from?
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by juliesanto(f): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2007
go to this web site and read the whole story hmm!!! grin

http://www.africananews.com/cover/200511/world_bank_distances_itself_from.htm
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by trendy(f): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2007
Seal
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by babadee(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2007
1- BABADEE!
2- BABADEE!!
3- BABADEE!!!
4- BABADEE!!!!
5- BABADEE!!!!!
6- AND ALL THE OTHERS
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by tunmininu(f): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2007
WALE ADENUGA

ALH ATIKU ABUBAKAR

SENATOR MUSLIU OBANIKORO

JIMI AGBAJE

FOREIGN PERSONALITIES

PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH

BILL GATES

LATE SADDAM HUSSEIN
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by pamit(m): 9:29am On Apr 09, 2007
Okocha and Kanu of course!. Even my chinese friends sabi them. I never knew how famous these guys are until I left naija. Of course, when u meet people from Uganda, Ghana, S/A and the rest, they'll ask you about Nollywood stars, But forget! Europeans, Americans and Asians (whether sport fanatics or not) know that Kanu and Okocha are the most famous Nigerians. , and if you happen to meet someone working in the Oil sector, they will ask u abt the kidnapping in Niger-Delta cheesy!.
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by eton: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2007
i was almost taken aback not untill i found his name amongst the few.he fought for what others are enjoying today otherwise called politics; he is the marthry of morden day democracy,pilar of sport,philantropic per excellence; M.K.O Abiola, and also his lovelyu wife kudirat. fela definately will rank #1 long live ABAMI EDA aka THE WEIRD ONE
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by xDeStInYx(f): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2007
well i think the most popular nigerians in the world is:

Donald duke- goverment of calabar)
Genevieve- actress
Lemar- uk singer
P-square- band group
Styl-plus- band group
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by xDeStInYx(f): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2007
oh yh it has to be Kanu and okocha
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by zigbo(f): 1:47am On Apr 11, 2007
who is hakeem olajuwon i'm Nigerian nd i dont even know him/er nt to talk of the rest of the world.

who cud the most pop. Nigerian be undecided . ok i will ve to go with the minister of information Frank Nweke jnr.he got quite pop. recently tryin to cover for nigerians niger delta crisis.

nt quite sure he is but i think he cud be one.
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:53am On Apr 11, 2007
If you don't know who Hakeem Olajuwon is than wikipedia him err something, I find this very suprising tho, You must not be a basketball fan, But I bet you know who John Amaechi is grin grin
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by zigbo(f): 2:25am On Apr 11, 2007
"wikipedia him err something"
i dint get a word of that

"John Ameachi"
oops, sorry i dont know him either.

speaking abt basketball cud u possibly know who Obinna Ekezie is ?
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by kabby(m): 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2007
Rev. King of CPA.

grin grin grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by dejia(m): 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2007
guys Have u forgotten MKO Abiola ( June 12)?
let me judge based what pple around here know

Soccer: Kanu & Okocha

Education: Chinua Achebe & Wole Soyinka ( His books are been read in SA schls)

Religion: Pastor E.A Adeboye & Bishop Oyedepo ( the church is well known here)

Politics: MKO Abiola & IBB/ Abacha

Movie industry: Aki & Pawpaw

Music: Fela and femi Kuti
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Emad(f): 9:54am On Jun 22, 2007
are we mentioning the Nigerians we know or the ones that the whole world knows??
i donot think the world knows Genny, but yes i do think the whole world knows 2face because of teh African Queen thing,
the next are the sports guys, jj Okocha and Kano , after that we need to look in the prisons and amongst the Black listed names in Embassys lipsrsealed
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by oberon(m): 11:27am On Jun 29, 2007
Chinua Achebe
Wole Soyinka
Chiamanda
Obasanjo(love or hate him)
Any body else is a bloody pretender and a local champion especially Fela, go to the streets, ask he is not that well known outside Nigeria the few who do know him are europeans afro-woodstock wanna bes,Olajuwon has suffered a bashing recently and hey can we really call him a Nigerian?I mean when was the last time you heard The Dream voice an opinion about Naija, lets face it he is more concerned about the plight of Iraqis in Iraq and "American Agression against Islam"wonder why he doesnt go to afganistan and join up pleaseeeee
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by fesse(f): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2007
Religion---------Fr. Mbaka,Chris Oyakilome
Sports----------JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo
Academics------Wole Sonyinka,Chinua Achebe,Flora Nwapa,chike Obi
Business--------Aliko Dangote,Adenuga, M.K.O Abiola
Movies----------Olu Jacobs,Pete Edochie,RMD,Genevieve Nnaji
Politics----------Tony Anini,OBJ,IBB,Ribadu(EFCC)
Health----------Prof.Dora Nkem Akunyile(NAFDAC)
Music----------Fela Kuti,Femi Kuti,Tu Face,Weird M.C,Labaja
Human Right--------Ken Saro Wiwa,Moris,Abiola somebody
Finance---------Charles Soludo,Ngozi okonji Iwuala
Law---------Justice Nyonka,Fawehim
science--------Emeagwali smiley

continue from the list
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by Emad(f): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2007
i have never heard some of teh names mentioned on this topic
the topic is to mention the names that the WHOLE WORLD knows not whom we know and think others shd know wink
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by zigbo(f): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2007
fesse:

Religion---------Fr. Mbaka,Chris Oyakilome
Sports----------JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo
Academics------Wole Sonyinka,Chinua Achebe,Flora Nwapa,chike Obi
Business--------Aliko Dangote,Adenuga, M.K.O Abiola
Movies----------Olu Jacobs,Pete Edochie,RMD,Genevieve Nnaji
Politics----------Tony Anini,OBJ,IBB,Ribadu(EFCC)
Health----------Prof.Dora Nkem Akunyile(NAFDAC)
Music----------Fela Kuti,Femi Kuti,Tu Face,Weird M.C,Labaja
Human Right--------Ken Saro Wiwa,Moris,Abiola somebody
Finance---------Charles Soludo,Ngozi okonji Iwuala
Law---------Justice Nyonka,Fawehim
science--------Emeagwali smiley

continue from the list

popular world wide? undecided , i dont know abt dat though, but judging by your list watever happened Ndy Okereke Onyeike undecided
Re: Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) by francessby(f): 3:31am On Jul 09, 2008
fela, Austin Okocha, kanu nwankwo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibinabo Fiberesima Hails Tonto Dikeh As Tonto Covers Media Room Hub Magazine / Adesua Etomi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Photo) / Steve Harvey Crowns A Nigerian 'king Olu' For Updating Wife's Wedding Ring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.