Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN (815 Views)

Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him / Africa Not Yet Ready For 5G Network, Says MTN CEO / Wholesales Printing Of RECHARGE CARDS Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by themomentng: 5:05pm On May 10, 2017
Vendors selling MTN recharge cards at prices above the face value are doing so illegally, the mobile operator has said.
Adekunle Adebiyi, the acting sales and distribution executive of MTN, said in a statement on Wednesday that the cost of recharge cards remains the face value stated on the physical vouchers.
“We hereby use this medium to inform all our subscribers that we have not increased the prices of our recharge cards.,” he said.
“Any increment from any quarters across the country on our recharge cards is without our knowledge, and we urge all our customers to always pay the exact value advertised on the cards.”
Urgent steps were being taken to ensure compliance on sales of the recharge cards at the stated face value by all MTN’s trade partners and retailers, he said.
“While we are working assiduously to resolve claims of illegal increases, we apologise to our customers for any inconvenience this might have caused,” he furter said.
“Alternatively, we advise our customers to explore other options of purchasing airtime such as MTN Virtual Top Up (VTU), Diamond Yello Account (DYA), or MTN Auto Top-up. For more information on these services, please visitwww.mtnonline.com/autotopup.“

1 Share

Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 10, 2017
This is exactly why Shittu punched Ramota the recharge card girl's face at Agidingbi park yesterday
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by joseo: 5:14pm On May 10, 2017
then why the sudden increase in price?
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by WhistleB(m): 7:52pm On May 10, 2017
Ok.
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by venatus25(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2017
Usually, mtn sell his recharge voucher for examples N100 voucher are sold at the rate of N96 to wholesaler. Since last month till now they increase their price from N96 to N97. At this point the wholesaler are force to issues the voucher to retailers at the rate of N98, in order to make profit of N1 while the retailers are sell it N110, stating that gain of N2 can't be enough because of their low turnover compared to wholesaler who only make N1 gain only.
I'm here to tell mtn that the profit retailers get from their voucher is very minimal compared to other networks. Hence they add little price to its value in order to survive.
What Mtn need to know is weather they agree or not a trader must make gain from whatever he sold. N2 profit from N100 is a capital NO.
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by tugrow(m): 9:05pm On May 10, 2017
venatus25:
Usually, mtn sell his recharge voucher for examples N100 voucher are sold at the rate of N96 to wholesaler. Since last month till now they increase their price from N96 to N97. At this point the wholesaler are force to issues the voucher to retailers at the rate of N98, in order to make profit of N1 while the retailers are sell it N110, stating that gain of N2 can't be enough because of their low turnover compared to wholesaler who only make N1 gain only.
I'm here to tell mtn that the profit retailers get from their voucher is very minimal compared to other networks. Hence they add little price to its value in order to survive.
What Mtn need to know is weather they agree or not a trader must make gain from whatever he sold. N2 profit from N100 is a capital NO.
you just said it all, my mum said so cos she sell it at her shop

MTN should consider the poor retailers or stop the selling of paper recharge topup and fully introduce online topup like VTU, pocketmoni, and others
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by venatus25(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2017
tugrow:
you just said it all, my mum said so cos she sell it at her shop

MTN should consider the poor retailers or stop the selling of paper recharge topup and fully introduce online topup like VTU, pocketmoni, and others
Thank you my brother.
MTN believed they can enslaved us in our country. I know they loses more customers following the price increase. Sending sms to his subscriber and denying that they didn't increases the price can't change anything. They will soon fold up. Many are switching to another network when it comes to recharging while their line is only for answering call.
I'm a wholesaler I know the plight of retailers and the starting point of MTN failure.
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by tugrow(m): 7:08am On May 11, 2017
venatus25:

Thank you my brother.
MTN believed they can enslaved us in our country. I know they loses more customers following the price increase. Sending sms to his subscriber and denying that they didn't increases the price can't change anything. They will soon fold up. Many are switching to another network when it comes to recharging while their line is only for answering call.
I'm a wholesaler I know the plight of retailers and the starting point of MTN failure.
yes. Exactly
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by router123(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2017
venatus25:
Na only pple who can't recharge Frm there bank acct will suffer it.
I foresee recharge card business going extinct
Re: Y’ello! We DIDN’T Increase Prices Of Recharge Cards, Says MTN by tugrow(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2017
router123:

Na only pple who can't recharge Frm there bank acct will suffer it.
I foresee recharge card business going extinct
cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Restriction On Kosso Woods has been lifted.Consult a qualified customs agent / Helping Hands International / What Is Owning A Domiciliary Account With Fidelity Bank Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.