Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) (35158 Views)

Two Men Arrested For Generating Fake Bank Alerts [Photo] / Man & His Girlfriend Who Dupe Sellers With Fake Bank Alerts Arrested By Police / US Court Jails Nigerian Hacker Obinna Obioha For $6.5m Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by dre11(m): 9:31pm On May 10, 2017
By Precious Igbonwelundu

33-year-old man, Babatunde Olaogun, was Wednesday paraded by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly sending fake bank alerts to his clients to defraud them.

Olaogun, who was arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), had earlier been arraigned for impersonating the state Governor to defraud a car dealer of three vehicles.

He was alleged to have also produced a fake bank statement, which he used to collect a million naira loan from money lenders.

According to the police, the suspect generated a false bank alert which he used to defraud his last victim of 25 cartons of HP computers valued at N4.5million.

Olaogun was said to have promised the company to remit N2.5million within two weeks of the purchase, but instead of doing so, he showed them a bank alert indicating he had made payments.

But when the supplier went to his account to withdraw the money, it was discovered that no such credit was made.

Confessing to the crime, he said: “When I bought the laptops I sold to someone else but the person did not pay me on time. When I could not pay the supplier as agreed and he was pressurising me, I decided to send the fake bank alert to him so as to have peace.

‘I copied several alerts already sent to me by my bank. Then, I edited and retyped it as sms. That was what I showed the supplier. I didn’t send it to his phone.

“After waiting endlessly for the person I resold the twenty five laptops, coupled with the pressure of the supplier.

“Immediately after sending the bank alerts to my phone, I went to his shop to show him the alert so as to give him the assurance that actually the money was sent to him. When I sent the alert to him I wasn’t entertaining any fear.”

The suspect admitted that he facilitated the vehicles supplied to the office of the governor because of his relationship with the car dealer, saying that two of the vehicles were intercepted before getting to Alausa.

“Initially I was not afraid, but now I regret my action, because I don’t intend to defraud my friend that supplied the laptops to me.”

The graduate of Lagos State University who was arrested on May 5, 2017 at his office at Balogun Market, Ikeja, claimed it was greed that pushed him into the act.

Police Commissioner Fatai Owoseni said: “The suspect would go into shops and buy good worth millions of naira and instead of paying, he would send fake bank alert to the person that supplied him the goods on credit.

“When the person went to the bank to collect the money, it was there the person discovered that what they sent to him was fake bank alert. He also generated fake bank statement to deceive suppliers of five million naira and a Toyota Corolla was recovered from him. He would be charged to court.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/police-arrest-man-alleged-n4-5m-fraud/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Epositive(m): 9:34pm On May 10, 2017
I believe there is no society without crime but Nigeria own too much abeg

The thing just tire me

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Islie: 9:37pm On May 10, 2017
He was alleged to have also produced a fake bank statement, which he used to collect a million naira loan from money lenders.

According to the police, the suspect generated a false bank alert which he used to defraud his last victim of 25 cartons of HP computers valued at N4.5million.

If he has channel his ability to something positive. .... It could have fetched him cool money and better his life, but he chooses life of crime.

That's why it better to reconfirm any amount paid to you account through your cash officer because of fraudsters like this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by doublewisdom: 9:40pm On May 10, 2017
What an afonjastic crime! Reporting live from Uwangue branch.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 9:49pm On May 10, 2017
Theft by deception. Now he has an avenue to practise his scamming techniques on prison inmates.
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Relevance(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2017
This is a clear indication that crime does not pay.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by daamazing(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2017
Babatunde Olaogun...

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by brunofarad(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2017
Chai

4.5 million fake bank alerts ? shocked

This one weak me
Please shift for me, I want to faint here

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by amoduganja: 10:01pm On May 10, 2017
g

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by sotall(m): 10:01pm On May 10, 2017
ok
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 10, 2017
Babatunde Olaogun,

NCAN over to you...

Seems human slaughtering is no more lucrative for some people

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Sunnycliff(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2017
The bad hussle for survival
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by eleko1: 10:03pm On May 10, 2017
sadBank alert should show ur old bal nah. Bastard angry sad lipsrsealed sadBank alert should show ur old bal nah. Bastard angry sad.Gud night all
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by talk2archy: 10:04pm On May 10, 2017
OK Babatunde Olaogun.
Seen.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by doublewisdom: 10:05pm On May 10, 2017
It's a Brown roof dweller.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by asumo12: 10:05pm On May 10, 2017
cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 10, 2017
NCAN here again , from one zone to the other. 9ja and crime glue together from day one.

When you visit some shops, you ask them do you accept transfer? The way dem go answer NOOOOOOO EHN YOU GO FEAR. Oga go and regret in Kiriki Max
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 10, 2017
Babatunde. How market?

See head like television stand.

Thee followers of Awolorat, always following the footsteps of his "good" deeds.

Lock the idiot up, and make sure he doesn't drink rat poison like aworat in order to escape jail term.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by emeijeh(m): 10:06pm On May 10, 2017
NCAN.
Benin city branch rep was here

Babatunde Olaogun

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by XX17: 10:07pm On May 10, 2017
See wetin buhari don cause!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by clems88(m): 10:08pm On May 10, 2017
talk2archy:
G
g-string undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Thespacepilot: 10:08pm On May 10, 2017
33-year-old man, Babatunde Olaogun, was Wednesday paraded by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly sending fake bank alerts to his clients to defraud them.

Babatunde olaogun.

"Its nothing personal..For a child of a fallen angel to put hand in fraud check it well he couldn't find any skull to sell...When we told them to stop munching amala we knew the substance in the amala will make them to do three things...
Shitt-nylon throwing
Hunting and selling of skulls
Cyber crime/fraud one of the things they love than amala and ewedu"

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by publicenemy(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2017
No body is commending the Nigerian police.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by sorry1(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2017
This is so unfair, angry He is just a sophisticated man from the most educated tribe in Nigeria.

Babatunde Olaogun, is a very hardworking man who benefited from awolowo's free education but due to the cone nature of his head he has turn to a con mancheesy

Afonja and fraud sha smh.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Rilwan20(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2017
A doju tini Omo
Amuni buni Omo
A fun awon developer loro so.
Smh

19 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by hotest9ja(f): 10:11pm On May 10, 2017
Na when poor man thief Nia police and judges go carry am for head if Na one governor thief Na we no go hear the cases say Na big tin. http://.com.ng/2017/05/diddy-tops-forbes-list-of-richest-hip.html?m=0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by solidman59(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by 2Ways(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2017
NCAN
reporting live from akwa ibom
over
NCAN
over
NCAN
over

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by obamabinladen(m): 10:12pm On May 10, 2017
OK continue
Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by sunnysunny69(m): 10:12pm On May 10, 2017
doublewisdom:
It's a Brown roof dweller.
wetin una get as we get brown roof ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 10, 2017
Afonja!!!!!™!!!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Doka Avong, Kaduna, Kill 6 People, Many Declared Missing / Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) / Lady Accuses Taxify Driver Of Assaulting Her, Police Reacts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.