Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale (20231 Views)

Emediong Udnak Uko's Artwork About Lagbaja Exhibited In Cyprus Museum / Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London / Cars & Helicopters Designed By Nigerian Man Using Wooden Materials (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by homirefacuny(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2017
SuperSuave:
Keep repping ma while slay mamas keep slaying themselves and their unborn children
Slay mamas and their slay daddies will come for your head now.. Lol
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Mavor: 12:13pm On May 11, 2017
I rather have Peju or RoyalPearl than any slay mama!!! angry
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by seenga(m): 12:20pm On May 11, 2017
wow! this is totally awesome!
i love a serious minded woman who doesnt have time for slaying like a gladiator
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by dacovajnr: 12:21pm On May 11, 2017
VickyRotex:
I'm gonna be "Oliver Twist" here, cos I love Artwork.

So, Please I'm asking for more pictures!

Come lemme draw you.
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 11, 2017
dragonking2:
Niger delta, the region with the most beautiful ladies with exceptional talents!!!

This is beauty with brains. kiss kiss

God bless niger delta people. Una too much

Okay. Peju Alatise is yoruba though. The other two artists are from Edo state. I could not find Victors painting online. Once I do I'll add it. The last artist is a dance artist and would be presenting a dance video at the event, not a sculpture or painting.

1 Like

Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by TheEminentLaity: 12:37pm On May 11, 2017
this is simply amazing smiley
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by gidjah(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2017
ugofr:
wow
my dear, I also shouted Wa o ! to this creativity . this is Epic o !
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Sebastine1994(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
Peju Alatise and Qudus Onikeku. I know both of them very well. Very talented duo. I also know the curator, Adenrele Sonariwo. Great guys

sir I accuse you of Name dropping
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 11, 2017
VickyRotex:
I'm gonna be "Oliver Twist" here, cos I love Artwork.

So, Please I'm asking for more pictures!

Here u go. The displays are really powerful. I saw the USA pavilion and it really wasn't as nice. Well, art is subjective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Wyttcat: 1:05pm On May 11, 2017
All Yoruba except one, who I'm sure was just added to make it not "all Yoruba affair" as always.
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 11, 2017
smiley
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
I like those birds effect, really creative. cool

But from a different perspective the scenario looks kinda demonic and troubling. Black Children with wings, raven flying overhead, scattered dead black butterflies of the underworld. The pics is a screaming scene from the movie The Omen grin

Emancipate your self from mental slavery!!!!! Black is gold!!!!!! Please you really need to unlearn a lot of things you've been thought to demean your own race and color!!!!

1 Like

Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Mckandre(m): 2:22pm On May 11, 2017
ayoolanr:

Emancipate your self from mental slavery!!!!! Black is gold!!!!!! Please you really need to unlearn a lot of things you've been thought to demean your own race and color!!!!
nawa to gi wa. Ure a fuckdup fellow, which part did I condemn or demean the black? Why can't somebody describe something based on physical features without being termed as a racist. go to ya Villa and sing kumbaya with the rest of ya folks, Ure lost ni, damn!! What a r€tard. undecided
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 11, 2017
Mckandre:
nawa to gi wa. Ure a fuckdup fellow, which part did I condemn or demean the black? Why can't somebody describe something based on physical features without being termed as a racist. go to Villa and sing kumbaya with ya rest of ya folks, Ure lost ni, damn!! What a retard. undecided

Shut up!!!
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by VickyRotex(f): 2:26pm On May 11, 2017
dacovajnr:
Come lemme draw you.

I laugh in turenchi! Talo ko ni drawing? undecided
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by VickyRotex(f): 2:27pm On May 11, 2017
janellemonae:

Here u go. The displays are really powerful. I saw the USA pavilion and it really wasn't as nice. Well, art is subjective.

Yea, this is beautiful!
Thanks for the picture!
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by dacovajnr: 2:41pm On May 11, 2017
VickyRotex:

I laugh in turenchi! Talo ko ni drawing? undecided
Tarti kobo ni angry..Mo sha ma ya e sha! Blv

1 Like

Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by syrex24(m): 2:57pm On May 11, 2017
Incredible!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by paradigmshift(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2017
janellemonae:

They are actually all nigerians with studios in Nigeria. Although they are successful and most of their work is displayed in galleries/theatres all over the world.

The interpretations of their artwork is attached

not disputing the fact that they are Nigerians. am speaking on behalf of the Edo's. the rest can speak for themselves aiit
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by Basfaq(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2017
dragonking2:
Niger delta, the region with the most beautiful ladies with exceptional talents!!!

This is beauty with brains. kiss kiss

God bless niger delta people. Una too much
who is Niger delta.look well
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by VickyRotex(f): 7:21pm On May 11, 2017
dacovajnr:
Tarti kobo ni angry..Mo sha ma ya e sha! Blv

Oda, eje kin mo te ba ti ya mi tan sir! angry
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by dacovajnr: 7:46pm On May 11, 2017
VickyRotex:

Oda, eje kin mo te ba ti ya mi tan sir! angry
Requested you at the other end...
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by ugofr(f): 10:08pm On May 11, 2017
janellemonae:
Victor Ehikamenor is shown below with his art display at the biennale.
beautiful
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by drey69(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2017
I swear his wicked genjutsu was the first thing that crossed my mind
gaetano:
When I saw those birds, first thing that came to my mind was uchiha itachi wink
Re: Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale by VickyRotex(f): 3:08am On May 12, 2017
dacovajnr:
Requested you at the other end...

Where? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will A U.S. Plasma HDTV Work In Nigeria? / Kindly Check Out My Logo / Mockups Designs / Professor Bruce Onobrakpeya's 89th Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.