Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members (15087 Views)

Guys, Don't Ever Date A Lady Going For NYSC. See Why. / Bank Of Industry - GEF Grant (anyone)? / Bank Of Industry (BOI) Fresh Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF) 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by dammy13(m): 6:59am On May 11, 2017
THE Bank of Industry (BoI) said it has revised its interest rates on loans for members of the National Youth Service Corp, NYSC, under its Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF) programme to zero per cent from nine percent as part of its move to encourage youth entrepreneurship.

The GEF scheme being implemented by the bank in partnership with the NYSC Directorate, currently in the second edition, has recorded over N262.9 million disbursements to 177 successful candidates.

BoI, in a statement, said the loans at zero per cent interest became effective from May 01, 2017, adding that existing GEF loans and those to be disbursed from that date will require repayment of only the principal amounts, while the 177 candidates that have been financed under the scheme will be required to pay loan interest that accrued up to 30th April, 2017.

The bank noted that as at March 31, 2017, it approved N583.8 million for disbursements for entrepreneurs under the scheme, adding that the gesture was motivated by the larger part of the 177 candidates who have exhibited strong dedication to their businesses and have demonstrated unusual commitment to repayment of their loans, including the nine percent interest.

“The Bank of Industry is highly delighted in the outcome of its investment in these young Nigerians. The bank firmly believes that entrepreneurship is a critical pathway to resolving the worrisome unemployment problem in the country. Hence, the bank desires to ensure the businesses that have been created through the GEF programme remain sustainable with progressive migration from small businesses to medium and eventually to large enterprises.

It is believed that this gesture will further attract young Nigerians that are undergoing their one-year compulsory National youth service to embrace entrepreneurship by participating in the GEF programme. It is pertinent to reiterate that the zero per cent interest charge on loans only applies to the GEF programme which is implemented in partnership with NYSC Directorate,” the bank stated.

http://fabinfos.com/bank-industry-unveils-zero-interest-loan-nysc-members/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Partnerbiz(f): 7:24am On May 11, 2017
Forget even loans. Cost of running biz in naija is too much. Overhead cost alone can gulp 30% of those funds.
If we can fix power in Nigeria, most smes can survive. How can you even do online stuffs without power?
Even me as a data seller, I need power constantly and often use gen to power my gadgets.

Anyway see below for details...

12 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by skolab4(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2017
how do we apply?

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by 1stdammy: 8:43am On May 11, 2017
What are the requirements, processes?? How do I apply

3 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by wakes: 11:36am On May 11, 2017
Wow!
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by brunofarad(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2017
If i had this opportunity then as a corper

God knows where I would have been now

WE still thank God
Cos we still on the right track

For the ones quoting me ,it was a typo
Thanks for ur efforts tho

Nigeria we hail thee

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by nattyjay(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2017
This sounds good... Hmm
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Lilaex: 11:38am On May 11, 2017
Niz one us way wan go serve now na to collect that money carry flex
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Nobody: 11:39am On May 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Nobody: 11:39am On May 11, 2017
This is good. Now its all about business initiatives.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Nobody: 11:40am On May 11, 2017
I keep saying it Capital is the least of a problem for any business in Nigeria. These loans will turn into bad debt in the end creating more problems. Many so called "entrepreneurs'' are just looking for money to spend.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by bot101(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2017
brunofarad:
If i had this opportunity then as a corpse

WE still thank God

Hmmnn.... corpse

6 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by olamide14(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2017
FOUND A LOST INTL PASSPORT AT MY OFFICE YESTERDAY.
BEARER NAMES ARE: ALAO OLANIYI BAYONLE
COME TO THE OYO STATE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE TO RETRIEVE IT.
U MAY CALL: 08072991527
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by emmyhumble(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2017
Please does anyone have idea on how to go about acquiring school loan?
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by olamide14(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2017
FOUND A LOST INTL PASSPORT AT MY OFFICE YESTERDAY.
BEARER NAMES ARE: ALAO OLANIYI BAYONLE
COME TO THE OYO STATE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE TO RETRIEVE IT.
U MAY CALL: 08072991527

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by nattyjay(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2017
deeMarc:
Can someone collect and run away with the money?. Say out of the country.

Thief oriented brain
And u will say naija is corrupt

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by shaqhead: 11:42am On May 11, 2017
brunofarad:

WE still thank God
Really? Corpse? Guess thats a typo which u shd fix!

This is a good initiative by this govt and I expect corp members to latch on ds n get funding for their viable business ideas!

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by opethom(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2017
Time to venture into agriculture

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Emmyk(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2017
bot101:

Hmmnn.... corpse
Probably autocorrect. What that thing can do. grin
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by PAT4HOT(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2017
brunofarad:

WE still thank God

Oh dear, thank God you didn't have such opportunity cos u wud have been 6ft below

3 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by alsudaes1(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2017
Vorpal:
This is good. Now its all about business initiatives.
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by kitogram(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2017
1stdammy:
What are the requirements, processes?? How do I apply
Applications closed brother.
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by bot101(m): 11:45am On May 11, 2017
Emmyk:
Probably autocorrect. What that thing can do. grin

Many wonderful wonders.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Nobody: 11:46am On May 11, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Forget even loans. Cost of running biz in naija is too much. Overhead cost alone can gulp 30% of those funds.
If we can fix power in Nigeria, most smes can survive. How can you even do online stuffs without power?
Even me as a data seller, I need power constantly and often use gen to power my gadgets.

Much as you are right on the power issue not every business is heavily reliant on power. There are businesses that have to do with small scale exporting given current exchange rate that will bring back good revenues.

There is cloth making, fashion designing, agriculture, transport and delivery business, food business, trading in commodities etc.

I think the main thing is how easily accessible are these loans and if there are no bottleneck bureaucracy involved in the procurement of these loans.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by coolestchris(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2017
Thank God am grabbing that loan in the name of Yahweh

watch out for my new song titled "cucumber"
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by humblemikel(f): 11:48am On May 11, 2017
brunofarad:

God knows where I would have been

WE still thank God

REALLY .....RIP
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by alizma: 11:49am On May 11, 2017
Partnerbiz:

another wailer sighted. before it was about no money to do business, now that there is money the wailing song has changed to cost of doing business in Nigeria is high.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by themonk(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2017
grin
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by elipheleh(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2017
Watch again as this useless government releases all the allocated funds to themeselves and those related to Buhari.
Buhari did thesame in 1984 and by the time his then inlaw had amassed half of the loadn, he ordered the closure of that loan scheme.

Till today where are our money? Has Nigeria ever asked for those loan returns?
GENERAL DECEIT BUHARI
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by prince049(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2017
brunofarad:

WE still thank God

corps member not corpse
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by Gwan2(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2017
Any BOI scheme is noting more than a joke, trust me!......YES P, HERITAGE BANK/BOI COLLABO, KADSTEP all are example of BOI failed schemes.
Re: Bank Of Industry Unveils Zero-interest Loan For Nysc Members by brunofarad(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2017
humblemikel:

REALLY .....RIP

It was a typo

Madam sabi sabi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members / Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.