Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson (8880 Views)

South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin / Nude lady Climb Church Altar During Xmas Mass(photo) / Heaps Of Charms Dug Out Of Church Altar In Ilesa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by r231(m): 12:11am On Jan 11, 2010
Placed conspicuously on the altar of the church headed by Rev.
Ladi Thompson is a shining black coffin. And as the visitor is still wondering at the unusual spectacle, he is again confronted with another coffin in the office of the man of God.

On each of the coffins is an inscription expressing the death of corruption, which he prefixed with titles like Mr, Mrs, Pastor, Imam, Reverend, Senator and so on.

Asked why a clergyman would keep coffins in his church and office, Rev. Thompson laughed and said he was on a mission to wipe out corruption from the polity through a native approach that he had termed omoluabi (a Yoruba word for gentleman).

He said, “You would notice that all the steps that have been taken to fight corruption have failed. The EFCC has not been able to achieve anything because its method is punitive. But with the Omoluabi doctrine, the scourge is bound to die. I am celebrating its demise already.

“When you have the Omoluabi doctrine in you as a public official, you will not embezzle public funds. Nigeria ranks the highest in terms of infant mortality rate, which is as a result of corruption. In the days of old, whenever there was a calamity of such scale, the Oba was presented with a calabash which he had to open for him to pay the supreme sacrifice. It was the Omoluabi in him that was working.

“Until we all go back to inculcating the Omoluabi doctrine, fighting corruption with any other means will not yield any result.

“With Omoluabi doctrine, we are not out to apportion guilt. It is a sort of building concensus that all of us are guilty of corruption. Then we seek a solution instead of persecution or name calling. Omoluabi doctrine is a gift from.

“You know the progenitor of Yoruba, Oduduwa, came from the northern part of Africa to settle in Ile-Ife centuries ago. That is why African civilisation is by far ahead of the American or European civilisation. It is a historical fact.”

He explained that great men like the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo made good use of the doctrine to administer the old Western Region when he was the premier. “That is why till date, nobody has matched his record in terms of achievements. What did the magic for Awolowo and his team was the omoluabi in them, which is better than the western democracy being practised now.

“When you have the omoluabi thing in you, you will not go to sleep until your neighbour is happy and not hungry. You would want for your neighbour whatever you want for yourself. One thing most of us did not realise is that among the Yorubas, there is something called omoluabi, which would not allow one person to cheat the other. Omoluabi is a gift from God. It means omo ti oluwa bi (one born of God), given to Oduduwa who came to West Africa from North Africa . Oduduwa was in Ile-Ife, which existed from time immemorial. If we study omoluabi properly, we will find out that it is a gift that is even better than democracy.

“Instead of looking for someone to punish, what we should do is for all of us to admit that we are all guilty and look for a way of solving the problem. I am not alone; there are many others who share similar views. We are working to get about five million signatories to go to four major areas in the society and plead with them to help us. I will not disclose their names now, but they are notable figures and omoluabis in the society.”

Thompson who took a radical stance as a young man when he decided to opt out of a family of doctors to study architecture, wants people to realise that a closer look at the origin of the Yoruba will do the nation a whole lot of good. “The doctrine of omoluabi has always been in the Yoruba, starting with their progenitor, Oduduwa. Look at the infant mortality rate in Nigeria , which is the highest in the world. In the days of yore, any leader who had too many deaths on his hand would be presented with a ‘calabash’ which he opened and paid the supreme sacrifice. Then, the leaders believed that a supreme being appointed them. I tell you that if the rest of us have omoluabi in us, corruption will be eradicated without a shot.”

The man of God, who said he never believed he could become a pastor, disagree with the opinion that it was becoming a fad that professionals like himself become pastors.

He contended that pastors were the real ‘oracles’ and as such should be knowledgeable enough to be able to solve all problems. That, he said, was the reason why the the number plate of his jeep was marked ‘oracle’.

The reverend who used to be a big time dealer in wood, which he exported to Europe , said he gave up the business when he got a call to serve God.

Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by MrCrackles(m): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2010
Hummm. . . . . shocked
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by mamagee3(f): 12:34am On Jan 11, 2010
A weirdo who thinks keeping a coffin in front of the church is something to talk about. . . shocked shocked
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by TrueSeeker(m): 7:50am On Jan 11, 2010
I think someone is not trying to deceive us.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by lawrence83: 8:21am On Jan 11, 2010
There is more to this than meet the eye.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by kolaoloye(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2010
r231:

Placed conspicuously on the altar of the church headed by Rev.
Ladi Thompson is a shining black coffin. And as the visitor is still wondering at the unusual spectacle, he is again confronted with another coffin in the office of the man of God.

On each of the coffins is an inscription expressing the death of corruption, which he prefixed with titles like Mr, Mrs, Pastor, Imam, Reverend, Senator and so on.

Asked why a clergyman would keep coffins in his church and office, Rev. Thompson laughed and said he was on a mission to wipe out corruption from the polity through a native approach that he had termed omoluabi (a Yoruba word for gentleman).

He said, “You would notice that all the steps that have been taken to fight corruption have failed. The EFCC has not been able to achieve anything because its method is punitive. But with the Omoluabi doctrine, the scourge is bound to die. I am celebrating its demise already.

“When you have the Omoluabi doctrine in you as a public official, you will not embezzle public funds. Nigeria ranks the highest in terms of infant mortality rate, which is as a result of corruption. In the days of old, whenever there was a calamity of such scale, the Oba was presented with a calabash which he had to open for him to pay the supreme sacrifice. It was the Omoluabi in him that was working.

“Until we all go back to inculcating the Omoluabi doctrine, fighting corruption with any other means will not yield any result.

“With Omoluabi doctrine, we are not out to apportion guilt. It is a sort of building concensus that all of us are guilty of corruption. Then we seek a solution instead of persecution or name calling. Omoluabi doctrine is a gift from.

“You know the progenitor of Yoruba, Oduduwa, came from the northern part of Africa to settle in Ile-Ife centuries ago. That is why African civilisation is by far ahead of the American or European civilisation. It is a historical fact.”

He explained that great men like the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo made good use of the doctrine to administer the old Western Region when he was the premier. “That is why till date, nobody has matched his record in terms of achievements. What did the magic for Awolowo and his team was the omoluabi in them, which is better than the western democracy being practised now.

“When you have the omoluabi thing in you, you will not go to sleep until your neighbour is happy and not hungry. You would want for your neighbour whatever you want for yourself. One thing most of us did not realise is that among the Yorubas, there is something called omoluabi, which would not allow one person to cheat the other. Omoluabi is a gift from God. It means omo ti oluwa bi (one born of God), given to Oduduwa who came to West Africa from North Africa . Oduduwa was in Ile-Ife, which existed from time immemorial. If we study omoluabi properly, we will find out that it is a gift that is even better than democracy.

“Instead of looking for someone to punish, what we should do is for all of us to admit that we are all guilty and look for a way of solving the problem. I am not alone; there are many others who share similar views. We are working to get about five million signatories to go to four major areas in the society and plead with them to help us. I will not disclose their names now, but they are notable figures and omoluabis in the society.”

Thompson who took a radical stance as a young man when he decided to opt out of a family of doctors to study architecture, wants people to realise that a closer look at the origin of the Yoruba will do the nation a whole lot of good. “The doctrine of omoluabi has always been in the Yoruba, starting with their progenitor, Oduduwa. Look at the infant mortality rate in Nigeria , which is the highest in the world. In the days of yore, any leader who had too many deaths on his hand would be presented with a ‘calabash’ which he opened and paid the supreme sacrifice. Then, the leaders believed that a supreme being appointed them. I tell you that if the rest of us have omoluabi in us, corruption will be eradicated without a shot.”

The man of God, who said he never believed he could become a pastor, disagree with the opinion that it was becoming a fad that professionals like himself become pastors.

He contended that pastors were the real ‘oracles’ and as such should be knowledgeable enough to be able to solve all problems. That, he said, was the reason why the the number plate of his jeep was marked ‘oracle’.

The reverend who used to be a big time dealer in wood, which he exported to Europe , said he gave up the business when he got a call to serve God.
Kindly give us the source.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Kx: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2010
Does anybody know whats in the coffin?
U cant trust nigerian pastors.
It used to be hankerchief,holy water,mustard seed,
seed faith,etc, is it now the turn of caskets and coffin?
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Horus(m): 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2010
Kx:

Does anybody know whats in the coffin?
U cant trust nigerian pastors.

Maybe the coffin is full of Naira banknotes from christians who pay tithes. shocked
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by AbuZola3(m): 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2010
Christian worship corpse, this is disgusting
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by r231(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2010
kola oloye:

Kindly give us the source.

PASTOR lol all you need to do is google the man's name or the topic like i was gonna come here and lie on a so called man of GOD

nywayz here is your source
http://www.tribune.com.ng/03012010/church_news2.html

take it up with TRIBUNE not me grin grin grin
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by AbuZola3(m): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
Hehehe
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
i cant stop laughing,christianity and WAYO sha,this is terrible grin grin
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by kolaoloye(m): 9:24am On Jan 12, 2010
uplawal:

i cant stop laughing,christianity and WAYO sha,this is terrible grin grin
Welcome to the new year.
There is one thing you must not forget:It is not everyone that calls himself a pastor that is genuine.
Also, not all pastors or bishops are fake. We still have people that are pure and holy,
those that really reference God in their endeavors.
Don't behave like America that says Nigeria is a terrorist country because of one person
(one of your brothers in Islam)who misbehaved.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by AbuZola3(m): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2010
You too you wan do us wayo ko ? U no fit
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2010
@kola oloye,pls keep to urself, even if the poor boy eventually dies,fine hes gonna suffer in hell but at the end of the day he will be admitted into paradise someday,so hes far ahead of you cos you will continue burning as a christian till eternity,he might even go paradise without hellfire cos Allah knows best.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by kolaoloye(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
uplawal:

@kola oloye,pls keep to urself, even if the poor boy eventually dies,fine hes gonna suffer in hell but at the end of the day he will be admitted into paradise someday,so hes far ahead of you cos you will continue burning as a christian till eternity,he might even go paradise without hellfire cos Allah knows best.
There is no way he will see heaven and please stop deceiving yourselves about any paradise.
Heaven is not for sick people (lunatics).Why should someone stands to destroy what others built
and you were telling me it was for the purpose of one imaginary paradise.Nonsense. angry
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
thats the fact,take it or leave it
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by nuclearboy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
suffer in hell then later get admission to heaven? grin grin grin

Wonderment!
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by AbuZola3(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
Stop wondering, it is part of the mercy nf Allah
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by r231(m): 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
chk dis out grin grin grin

Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by DeepSoul(f): 6:52pm On Jan 14, 2010
uplawal:

This is has got to take the cake as the silliest thing I've ever read! Lol!

Even Allah would be ashamed of you. Suffer in hell an later be admitted into paradise. LWKMD grin

And he might even get a one-way express ticket to paradise without stoping over in hell.

Hmmmmm. . . . .Sounds like Allah is confused. When he makes up his mind, pls put us in the know.

I wonder what they use to wash una brains sef. Kunu?

grin grin grin
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
r231:

chk dis out grin grin grin
sheer madness in the christiandom
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by TrueSeeker(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2010
I think that pastor is occult.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by OLULAW: 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2010
desperation: jesus for sale? i'm ashamed of nigerians like this.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by jamace(m): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2010
What a way of passing a message! shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by lizbetty: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
uplawal:

how many drums of blood is needed to be admitted in ur so called paradise. shocked shocked shocked

but seriously tell me u're joking rite? sad sad sad
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
This is nothing to talk about. I guess we are tired of churning out new topics and new ideas.
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by Bado2010: 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
Thank you Pastor Ladi, it was really a beautiful spiritual experience when we have the Mr Corruption programme which came as a shock to some, So happy we dropped one of Mr Corruption at Alusa in front of governors office, of a truth we are in this world but we are not of this world. Many need to be Educated on the need to extinct corruption from our society which till today we all know it has debar the progress of this nation. Of a truth God is a spirit and those that must worship him must worship in spirit and in truth. Bless you sir !!!
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by iyke619: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2010
These Nigerian pastors cant stop amazing us. This man should be kind enof to tell his dumb congregation that he s performing a ritual, to increase his spiritual powers which he may ve recieved frm one shrine or the other like David Oyedepo,as we heard frm erelu agbaye. The fact is that the church should nt ve anytin to do with coffins and dead bodies as God forbids such in the book of Leviticus. The bible says that God is nt the God of the dead but the living. The spirit of death is only worshipped in occult circles. Thats y most high occult rituals cant hold without the use of coffin,which is a portal to hades the place of the dead.

So this so-called man of God is bein economical with the truth. His reference to yoruba culture and the mythical Oduduwa instead of the bible,as his standard and authority leaves so little to desire, he s fake!
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by tnbrc(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2010
Bethren, we must not be ignorant about spiritual things. We need to follow the events of the program whereby Rev. Ladi Thompson tagged coffin Mr. Corruption before we start posting lines on the matter. What I believe is that corruption was personified and, by faith, buried to signify the end of its reign in this country. The Bible states that the Just shall live by faith. What is wrong with personifying corruption, pronouncing it dead and burying it, by faith. Christians undergo water baptism to signify being buried with Christ in death and resurrecting with Him to a sinless life; this is a spiritual exercise. Same way, I believe, pronouncing corruption dead and burying it by Rev. Ladi Thompson is a spiritual exercise.

The things of God are foolishness to the people of the world! Why would a pastor choose day time for a ritual, as you have claimed. Our tongues make or marr us, so we should be careful what we say regarding spirituals matters. Have we sat back to wonder how many orrupt public officers were genuinely apprehended between when that Mr. Corruption program was done and today. Why dont we join our faiths with rev. Ladi's regarding corruption, rather than saying all what not. May God open the eyes of our understanding, that we may decern the times. Why dont you visit : http://www.livingwatersunlimited.org
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by InesQor(m): 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
r231:

Placed conspicuously on the altar of the church headed by Rev. Ladi Thompson is a shining black coffin. And as the visitor is still wondering at the unusual spectacle, he is again confronted with another coffin in the office of the man of God.

r231:

Hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Why I Keep A Coffin In The Church Altar- Rev. Ladi Thompson by tnbrc(m): 1:36am On Nov 29, 2010
Hi babaearly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? / Apostle Babalola Died 56 Years Ago Today On A Sunday Like This / Shiloh 2006: 'Destined To Win'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.