Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

#wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? (680 Views)

"Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Lady Gets 9 Stitches On Her Head After Being Married To Hubby For One Month / Being Single Or Being Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by Colossusgist(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2017
In honour of the past International Women’s Day in which I appreciate all positive women in my Life, but I still need to drop my point of view on this trending matter #WifeNotCook.

I am of course prepared for any criticism this post will encounter, but I spark a debate by implying “real women know how to cook.” I stand here to say that Wives /Ladies who don’t know how to cook are Lazy personified which is why I wrote this with a very strong convictions and reasons both biblical and societal.

I find it very irresponsible that some women go to the salon or visit friends for a whole Sunday to gossip and cannot find time to prepare those Meals that can make a Man Sneak From A Football Match Just For A Bite.

You will agree with me that there are women over 19 who do not know how to prepare Good Meals, but can dance to different kinds of music in clubs. I mean, a Woman Should Learn How To Cook Before She Can Taste Alcohol Or Bend Over In Clubs.

The bigger scandal is that women born after 1980 cannot prepare proper meals to sustain a marriage. Now we have a generation of men who will never know the healthy and spiritual benefits of a proper homemade meal.

Back in the day, women were expected to know how to cook. We can thank the almighty social media for exposing us to the over sharing of personal information. I have witnessed women brag about not knowing how to cook. And some of them take pride in being modern women who went on to obtain “DEGREES” instead of learning to bake. I've also been no stranger to bearing witness to full-blown debates between women who could cook versus the women who couldn't.

Lets Get Back To History
[/b]At least one common cause of the housework gap can be traced back to childhood chores. A variety of studies have found that girls are asked to do more work around the house than boys. One study found that girls did two more hours of chores a week while boys got twice as much time to play. This dynamic carries a lesson for both genders: girls learn that housework falls on their shoulders, and boys learn that girls will clean up after them.

[b]Biblically

It is indeed true that most religious and traditional doctrines stipulate that the man is head of the family and the woman should be submissive. But we both know domestic laziness does not make the man head, just as ability and willingness to cook does not make the woman submissive.

Anyone who eats should be able and willing to cook. It’s only fair that way.

Pastor Adeboye said to rapturous applause.

Source - http://www.colossusgists.com/2017/03/wifenotcook-do-most-ladies-even-know.html

Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by Funnyguy83: 2:57pm On May 11, 2017
Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 11, 2017
The so called stronger sex waits for the so called weaker vessel to make his meals before he can eat, now who has the power between them?
Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by eyinjuege: 5:04pm On May 11, 2017
Una still dey this matter? Its no longer trending na.

Meanwhile, from your topic, I was expecting you to at least list and elaborate the benefits of marriage to both men and women. Separately of course.
Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 11, 2017
Not again lipsrsealed I hope you know it was started by a MAN
Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 11, 2017
lovelygurl:
Not again lipsrsealed I hope you know it was started by a MAN
eh na only ya own dey differ,pale creat una to stay alone you are from my ribbs so u are part of me,nor con shange am ooo
Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by tonytony208(m): 2:56pm On May 14, 2017
Pidgin2:
The so called stronger sex waits for the so called weaker vessel to make his meals before he can eat, now who has the power between them?

Would you advice your mum to turn against your dad when it comes to cooking? Would you advice your son to marry a girl that can't cook? This feminism nonsense makes some people to reason like idiots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #wifenotcook - Do Most Ladies Even Know The Benefits Of Being Married? by bukatyne(f): 3:13pm On May 14, 2017
I don't understand this OP.

A wife must know how to cook and be willing to cook...... 1

Anybody willing to eat must know how to cook their food.... 2

How does the two even correlate?

You quoted Pastor Adeboye; why didn't you type what he said here... you want to lure us to your blog abi?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Seek’s Wife’s Divorce For Checking His Phone Without Permission / I Am Craving Babies....another Pregnancy At 40 / 6 Relationship Things You Should Not Tell Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.