Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,212 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account (6346 Views)

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? / How To Open US Bank Account For Non Resident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chichi0694(f): 4:31pm On May 11, 2017
I'm new here so forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been asked. I checked and couldn't find any answers so I decided to ask.
Does anyone know of any legit way to transfer money from a US bank account to a Nigerian bank account? I'm asking for any alternatives to Western Union, Moneygram and wire transfers. And if possible, I'm also hoping to get a better exchange rate than the normal bank rate.

Thanks! Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by northvietnam(m): 4:34pm On May 11, 2017
Before I answer you.., do u have a Dom account..

Do u want the money in Naira or in Dollars ??
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by bigtt76(f): 4:39pm On May 11, 2017
Best alternative you would want to explore is World Remit. They've got good charges for sending money to Nigeria. Check their website for more. Transfering from US account to Nigerian Account is via SWIFT transfers. It can be expensive and above all can get missing in transit (ala Nigerian banks behavior).

chichi0694:
I'm new here so forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been asked. I checked and couldn't find any answers so I decided to ask.
Does anyone know of any legit way to transfer money from a US bank account to a Nigerian bank account? I'm asking for any alternatives to Western Union, Moneygram and wire transfers. And if possible, I'm also hoping to get a better exchange rate than the normal bank rate.

1 Like

Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 11, 2017
Is it true that one can open a GTB Dom account online?
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by Aspireahead(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

avoid those banks if you can o. someone sent 160 euros to me recently and Acess bank gave me 50k. that is at the rate of 333 or there about for an euro.
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by modath(f): 5:40pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

Find someone that needs USD in America & you exchange with naira in naija acct... a couple of hours, you are done...... Both leave happy. .
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chichi0694(f): 5:52pm On May 11, 2017
northvietnam:
Before I answer you.., do u have a Dom account..

Do u want the money in Naira or in Dollars
??

No, I don't have a Dom account, which is mostly why I'm in this dilemma.

And I really don't mind getting the money in Naira of Dollars as long as it's legit and at a reasonable exchange rate.
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chichi0694(f): 5:54pm On May 11, 2017
modath:

Find someone that needs USD in America & you exchange with naira in naija acct... a couple of hours, you are done...... Both leave happy. .

Hmmm...so they'd need to have a Naija account as well so they can transfer the naira equivalent to me right?
Or am I getting what you said wrong?
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chichi0694(f): 5:56pm On May 11, 2017
Aspireahead:

avoid those banks if you can o. someone sent 160 euros to me recently and Acess bank gave me 50k. that is at the rate of 333 or there about for an euro.

Yeah I've heard about similar experiences with these Nigerian banks. But I need to get my money one way or the other.
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chichi0694(f): 6:01pm On May 11, 2017
Pidgin2:
Is it true that one can open a GTB Dom account online?

I doubt that it's true. My dad tried to open a Dom account with them in Jos and nine days later, they were still telling stories about waiting for some document from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chichi0694(f): 6:03pm On May 11, 2017
bigtt76:
Best alternative you would want to explore is World Remit. They've got good charges for sending money to Nigeria. Check their website for more. Transfering from US account to Nigerian Account is via SWIFT transfers. It can be expensive and above all can get missing in transit (ala Nigerian banks behavior).

Hmmm I'll check it out and see how it works.
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by northvietnam(m): 7:24pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

as long as it's legit

I don't understand what u meant here
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by ifiscomiss: 7:27pm On May 11, 2017
me i want dollar and i have Naira. rate 360 message me if intrested
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by northvietnam(m): 7:31pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

And I really don't mind getting the money in Naira of Dollars as long as it's legit and at a reasonable exchange rate.

if u want ur money in naira...

that means u will go for western union..

and that means bank will give u naira equivalent..
but the amount won't make sense...

my advise will be, open a dom account with 100 USD... get ur money in Dollars...

if rise u den exchange and mk a killing
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chijohn42k2(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

search for clone 2020 forum here or I will help u with d link.
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by chijohn42k2(m): 9:24pm On May 11, 2017
chijohn42k2:

search for clone 2020 forum here or I will help u with d link.

https://www.nairaland.com/3373751/send-money-nigeria-us-juicy
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by Timi1990(m): 9:58pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

The best way is for you to exchange with someone in the US here, most students in the US have challenges getting from home. All you need to do is give them dolllar while they transfer naira into your account . As easy as ABC
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by modath(f): 11:03pm On May 11, 2017
chichi0694:

Hmmm...so they'd need to have a Naija account as well so they can transfer the naira equivalent to me right?
Or am I getting what you said wrong?

It's account to account all through... On the E currency thread you will get it done in no time.. just shine your eyes sift through, use escrow & you'll be ok..
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by bonnyz: 6:24pm On May 12, 2017
If you need to sell your dollars contact me. We can receive your dollars in Us and credit your naira account here in Nigeria with the agreed rate. 07060657335 or nnebonny@gmail.com
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by Slimszy: 8:51pm On May 12, 2017
Use worldremit.com it transfer in a flash (within 5minutes you will get credited) The last time someone in the states sent me funds...They exchanged 360 per $
Re: Transferring Money From US Bank Account To Nigerian Bank Account by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 13, 2017
bro the answer to ur problem is bitcoin. simply follow these steps below and you are gold:

1. go to coinbase and creat a bitcoin wallet
2. Buy bitcoins what the amount you want to send via bank transfer or credit card (this normally takes just 2 days or so)
3. Now go to localbitcoins.com and sell your coins on the Nigerian category for naira straight to ur account immediately
4. the best of it all is that they all have escrow services
5. enjoy your mulla....

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Trading In Solid Minerals: Lead, Zinc And Copper / Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 / This Debt Is Killing Me How Can I Regain My Freedom And Reputation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.