Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 (6346 Views)

Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / Otedola surrender Transcorp to Elumelu as Stake In Transcorp Hits 29.5% / Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by ogaontop(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15
Nigeria’s inflation rate for January 2024 rose to 29.90% from 28.92% recorded in the previous month according to the latest National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) inflation report.

The increase shows that the inflation rate in the country is yet to slow down. 

The NBS report notes:

“In January 2024, the headline inflation rate increased to 29.90% relative to the December 2023 headline inflation rate which was 28.92%. Looking at the movement, the January 2024 headline inflation rate showed an increase of 0.98% points when compared to the December 2023 headline inflation rate. Similarly, on a year-on-year basis, the headline inflation rate was 8.08% points higher compared to the rate recorded in January 2023, which was 21.82%.”

“This shows that the headline inflation rate (year-on-year basis) increased in January 2024 when compared to the same month in the preceding year (i.e., January 2023). Furthermore, on a month-on-month basis, the headline inflation rate in January 2024 was 2.64%, which was 0.35% higher than the rate recorded in December 2023 (2.29%).
“This means that in January 2024, the rate of increase in the average price level is more than the rate of increase in the average price level in December 2023.”

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/15/nigerias-inflation-hits-29-90-in-january-2024/

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Enemiesmasquera: 1:11pm On Feb 15
The Emilokan cocaine sniffer is a complete failure

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by ogaontop(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15
A sad tale for Nigerians at the moment, but let's watch and pray it becomes better!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by mightyhaze: 1:19pm On Feb 15
Shege After Shege yea (x2)

After shege after shege yeaa

Any upcoming artist in the house.?..u fit use this my free demo take break into lime light cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by aceman88(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15
I don't really blame Tinubu ooo

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Melagros(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15
COMRADES Nigeria is doomladen in the hands of tinubu, Nigerians go see shege I swear

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by 900warriorz: 2:59pm On Feb 15
If them tell me in 2015 say I go buy bag of rice N60,000 in less than 10 years, I no go believe

The country is gone. At this point, let Biafra come, let Oduduwa come, let Arewa come.

Make everybody bear him Papa name cry

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by brightovio007(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15
Watching
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by sterlingD(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15
But l thought......................................................
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Judolisco(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15
U removed fuel subsidy and fuel price rose by 200% so I don't know what you guys are expecting

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by saddler: 3:04pm On Feb 15
Still low.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Blaze14k: 3:04pm On Feb 15
After all these they will say our GDP grew by 4.5% and you keep wondering how did it happen

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by ProudNigerian01: 3:05pm On Feb 15
THIS TOO, SHALL PASS.

Like ebola, covid-19, the height of boko haram, Niger-Delta militancy, 2016 economic recession, This hardship will come to an end one day.

Meanwhile,
Please learn to pray especially for this country.

Luke.18.1 - Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,

Prayer is a lifestyle, there is no particular time meant for prayer, it is something that must be done ALWAYS, especially in the heart. Don't wait till you get home or your special prayer time or room, learn to pray always, a short prayer of "O LORD thank You for all You have done and have mercy on me" said frequently can change the entire course of your life.

We are in a world where sin abounds but we have been commanded to rule over it and not let it control us (Gen.4.7 - If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it." )

As Christians we must learn to pray always in the heart begging God to have mercy on us for the sin we may have committed, knowingly and unknowingly. God is merciful and He will grant you that desire of your heart.

If there's something you are asking God for, Thank God and ask for mercy first, this is to ensure that sin does not stop you from receiving from God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by stevonics: 3:05pm On Feb 15
It increased after they released that statistics. Call them every hour. It increases. But na statistics we go chop grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Sagaciousd1: 3:05pm On Feb 15
I cry for my country ...the implication of this is enormous

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by user32(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15
thunder kill
thiefnibulu

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Gbadugbakun(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15
Judolisco:
U removed fuel subsidy and fuel price rose by 200% so I don't know what you guys are expecting
Subsidy is back bro.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Judolisco(m): 3:10pm On Feb 15
Gbadugbakun:

Subsidy is back bro.
which subsidy is back.... Full or partial?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by baqirshuayb(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15
Pls, what would happen if the con3 is d*vided. Would every region (new country) start from afresh?
Like would 1 new Arewa currency will be = 1USD?
Iam just asking.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by andy244: 3:11pm On Feb 15
Na so

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by andy244: 3:11pm On Feb 15
Judolisco:
which subsidy is back.... Full or partial?
However, subsidy is back

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:14pm On Feb 15
Na statistics we go chop.... Zonebs hailed him.

Now na grass dem de chop and Rice husks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Sirianese: 3:14pm On Feb 15

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 3:14pm On Feb 15
Away lokan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Metrofox(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15
Judolisco:

your country is stupidly broke, they can't even afford subsidy anymore. It has all been stolen by Buhari and his gang in advance. They have been borrowing on future crude oil. Do I feel pity for the animal called Tinubu? NO?

He thought he is a smart person by bringing Buhari and his gang of thieves so he can enter through the backdoor but God knows best and the plan don backfire grin

God will humble you when you think you are wisest. The country will divide soonest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:15pm On Feb 15
ProudNigerian01:
THIS TOO, SHALL PASS.

Like ebola, covid-19, the height of boko haram, Niger-Delta militancy, 2016 economic recession, This hardship will come to an end one day.

Meanwhile,
Please learn to pray especially for this country.

Luke.18.1 - Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,

Prayer is a lifestyle, there is no particular time meant for prayer, it is something that must be done ALWAYS, especially in the heart. Don't wait till you get home or your special prayer time or room, learn to pray always, a short prayer of "O LORD thank You for all You have done and have mercy on me" said frequently can change the entire course of your life.

We are in a world where sin abounds but we have been commanded to rule over it and not let it control us (Gen.4.7 - If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it." )

As Christians we must learn to pray always in the heart begging God to have mercy on us for the sin we may have committed, knowingly and unknowingly. God is merciful and He will grant you that desire of your heart.

If there's something you are asking God for, Thank God and ask for mercy first, this is to ensure that sin does not stop you from receiving from God.

Germany, Switzerland, UAE, South Africa, Egypt, America, UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Israel all grew and developed through prayers abi?

Stop making caricature of religion

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Promise47(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15
Floating of the naira against other major currency
Judolisco:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by bestman09(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15
angry
Not even a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel yet!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by specialmati(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15
shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad the builder of Lagos have finished Nigeria,it all started with change ,next level and finally finish level .I told you guys this old corrupt thieves knows nothing about running a country

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by BigDawsNet: 3:25pm On Feb 15
Promise47:

I just hope dey can hit the reset button and let everyone enjoy that Buhari economy we thought was worse

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Judolisco(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15
Promise47:
plus removing subsidy... Bring petrol back to 200 and see if Nigerians would care about floating of the Naira

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Judolisco(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15
Metrofox:

your country is stupidly broke, they can't even afford subsidy anymore. It has all been stolen by Buhari and his gang in advance. They have been borrowing on future crude oil. Do I feel pity for the animal called Tinubu? NO?

He thought he is a smart person by bringing Buhari and his gang of thieves so he can enter through the backdoor but God knows best and the plan don backfire grin

God will humble you when you think you are wisest. The country will divide soonest.
u r blaming tinubu for doing his job as a politician and as an opposition ? I'd rather blame d so called pdp govs who joined hands with Buhari and tinubu to remove Jonathan.... U can't blame d opposition for opposing.... And every politician has their own personal interest.... Na why dem dey decamp bdat, today u see them in APGA, tomorrow PDP and next week LP... Na all personal interest man...

Tinubu merged his party in order for buhari to win, so he has all rights to lay claim on the throne... U win election in Nigeria by forming alliances...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tin Can Records 150% Increase In Agro Exports / An Orange seller in Ikeja peels Oranges in a different way (See how) / Make Money Trading In Solid Minerals: Lead, Zinc And Copper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.