Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards (56908 Views)

FG Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by mach98(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2017
maxiuc:
What's quickteller for

I don't even buy recharge cards

Been long I did that

Same Here grin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by faithogiga(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2017
Did you say auto top up. Auto top up bi ti bawo
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by temitope277(m): 8:50pm On May 12, 2017
thank God i no dey use Mtn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Leiman100(m): 8:50pm On May 12, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
I believe MTN knows something about the increment. Why only MTN was increased, why not all the networks? Continue extorting from the masses...
is all the network, I bought etisalat at the increase rate
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by MrPdtech: 8:52pm On May 12, 2017
but they incresed whatsapp sub to 150 isnt that hypocricy
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by alextayo(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2017
A little enlightenment

Mobile Networks does not print recharge cards for all customers.

They sell logical pins to distributors who will in turn print it out as recharge vouchers.

Thereafter, they sell to dealers who in turn sell to sub-dealers.

The sub-dealers also sell to the retailers who in turn sell to me and you.

The increase may not necessarily come from MTN, but they can sanction distributors or dealers who arbitrarily inflated recharge price.

Take for example, if a distributor got N100 recharge pin at the rate of N90, he is responsible for the printing and may sell to dealers at N95, dealers will sell to subdealers at N98.........then how much will subdealers and retailers sell?? When the distributors and dealers have taken all the profit.

I was once in this business.

8 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by shumuel(m): 8:55pm On May 12, 2017
Na waa o, Every position in Nigeria now is ''Acting'' Nigerians and the bandwagon grin
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 8:55pm On May 12, 2017
grin angry ..sorry to all mtn users
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Gshegg: 8:56pm On May 12, 2017
I told a credit card vendor tonight about the notice MTN gave subscribers concerning the increment in recharge card vouchers, and the lady told me MTN vouchers are the costliest..

She buys from wholesalers at the rate of 96 naira before but now it's selling for 99 naira, and so they are forced to sell at 110 in order to make profit, imagine buying 1000 naira voucher from wholesalers and selling at 900 naira to consumers.

Saying you have to suffer to sell 1000 naira and having a gain of just 10 naira.

MTN should just caution it's dealers and regulate the prices to match other networks.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Mcreloaded(m): 8:58pm On May 12, 2017
If the retailers should sell at the stipulated price they the profit they will get is nothing to write home about because MTN as we all.know leaves little or nothing for the retailers to profit on with the stress of selling recharge cards that there is little or no profit and you can never gather the amount you put in the business by the time you remove transport and other factors the bottom line is for MTN to be flexible and not only them the MTN enjoying the profit from retailers sweat and blood
Just passing
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by emi14: 8:59pm On May 12, 2017
Mtn recharge card retailers are forced by MTN policies to increase the cost of recharge card. People invest to gain but not mtn recharge card. This retailers will invest #5000 without profit of #500. They indirectly add #10 to maximize their income.
Mtn should reduce wholesale prices for retailers or introduce incentive plans for them.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2017
Mmmmmmm d same way dstv has increased their own bouquet, everything is increasing
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 12, 2017
Always purchase from your mobile application like diamond bank mobile app, its fast secured and no charges
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Lassbati222(m): 9:07pm On May 12, 2017
I was printing Recharge card as of last year.
And here are the prices for networks codes.

I buy
Airtel for N91.5, I sell N95 to retailers while they sell N100 to consumers.

I buy
Etisalat for N91, sell N95 to retailers....they sell N100

Glo go for N89 I sell out to retailers for N95 and they sell same as other networks above

But Mtn go for N95.8 or N96.5, When selling out to retailers, for sure it will go between N99 or N100 and retailers will have to add their gain too...

For the one year I was into printing Recharge cards....MTN remained the costly. And was the discouraging factor of the business, because their market is moving[/color].

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by pek(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2017
Victek66:
The price hike of MTN recharge card had led MTN consumers to voice their woes and pains. Now, MTN has finally reacted to their customer's complain saying they "has not increase the price of their recharge cards".

Don't want to believe MTN official said this.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by PrettyMizQdot(f): 9:22pm On May 12, 2017
kolafolabi:
What does MTN expect.. 10 (One Hundred Naira) Mtn recharge cards are sold for 1000Naira (bulk).

Do they expect them to resell @ the rate of 100 per 1?
Na so I c am o. Af2all d increase started from somwere.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Ibidapson(m): 9:23pm On May 12, 2017
VTU ko VTN ni. We have some people that depend solely on the token they realize from recharge card sale. We should boycott them abi and add to the problem we suppose to solve for them. Review the price of yur recharge pin if yuv truly increased it. Empty Hen

3 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 12, 2017
undecided
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by PrettyMizQdot(f): 9:26pm On May 12, 2017
Leiman100:
is all the network, I bought etisalat at the increase rate
Nt all networks o, only mtn nd etisalat add mony.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 12, 2017
seuncyrus:
grin
grin Guy this ur post funny.

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Franky9584(m): 9:34pm On May 12, 2017
can anything good come out from mtn?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=pek post=56466093] Don't want to believe MTN official said this.
Why want he said it? I don't think MTN has a hand on this.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Everking(m): 9:39pm On May 12, 2017
They increased the prize,how do you expect the retailers to make a profit of 20 or 30 naira after selling a pack.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by otokx(m): 9:40pm On May 12, 2017
kolafolabi:
What does MTN expect.. 10 (One Hundred Naira) Mtn recharge cards are sold for 1000Naira (bulk).

Do they expect them to resell @ the rate of 100 per 1?

Don't mind MTN, always economical with the truth.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by samiroyal: 9:43pm On May 12, 2017
mtn and double mouth i'm a sub-dealer and i know how much i buy their product compare to other network. meanwhile If you are a final year student (or know someone)in social sciences, humanity or public administration and in need of project topics and materials(soft copy) you can mail me or call. fortunately if you live close we can talk one on one.
Samjet1140@yahoo.com 08070682323.
NOTE: For the avoidance of doubt, you will first received the preliminary and if you are satisfied then your can order for it with 40% discount.

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 12, 2017
Funny this is coming from MTN. You do a transfer of N500 credit to a friend and mtn charges N2. What's that for? Are they a bank?

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 12, 2017
gabazin080:
nigerians are cowards and cant stand up to fight even wen dey are being cheated in their country.

let nigerians try this in south africa and u will see dem born down your business
The question is mtn the only network in Nigeria? No
Why should we bother about mtn increment when the like of glo, airtel and etisalat are there

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by idu1(m): 9:53pm On May 12, 2017
Wetin consign me.

I have stop buying their recharge card.

Airtel don take over.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by mechanics(m): 10:00pm On May 12, 2017
Those retailers are thieves, na my ATM card i dey use recharge, unfact mtn should call those retailers to order, if not they will loose more customers, when other cards are selling at normal price, why is it only mtn cards that's different.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by kechywillz(m): 10:07pm On May 12, 2017
I ditched their sim card last year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge / Airtel Surprise Package / Gionee M2017 With 7000mah Battery Capacity Now Official: See Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.