Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards (56907 Views)

FG Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by larrypourl(m): 10:13pm On May 12, 2017
Bought 200 airtime and wasn't available, had to buy 100 in two places with #10 on each making it #220 nawa oo.

Big size quality loafers for sale, size 45 black and Size 47 brown up for grab at cool prices

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 12, 2017
I did not like to buy recharge cards online because I believed that recharge card sellers should not be put out of business, but they too should understand that they should not carry their goodwill too far. The day I was told by a regular supplier that I had to pay N1040 for each N1000 MTN card I wanted to buy was the day I started buying online, and not only MTN either. His loss, no extra cost to myself.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Verami(f): 10:25pm On May 12, 2017
What about those who can not use the VTU, Top up etc, what should they do?
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Verami(f): 10:29pm On May 12, 2017
I traveled to Imo state, for me to buy card I had to pay extra money which wasn't funny to me. Abeg make una do something about them. Not all dealers though.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 12, 2017
Verami:
What about those who can not use the VTU, Top up etc, what should they do?

Anybody can use it.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by briggz09(m): 10:47pm On May 12, 2017
To b candid, I prefer recharging directly from my bank account but MTN wee not gimme the usual bonus I get when I recharge with vouchers. So, it's vouchers all the way until they resolve that issue

3 Likes

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by briggz09(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2017
larrymatt1:
won early today view pic for your delight,behind every great name there is a greater meaning,life get good when i started making money.Tomorrows fixed game will be out in the morning.SUBSCRIBE to be part of it .
no free games for confidence?

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Marvidris(f): 10:53pm On May 12, 2017
[color=#770077][/color][quote][/quote][quote author=Victek66 post=56444847]The price hike of MTN recharge card had led MTN consumers to voice their woes and pains. Now, MTN has finally reacted to their customer's complain saying they "has not increase the price of their recharge cards".

According to Adekunle Adebiyi, acting Sales and Distribution Executive of MTN "the cost of recharge cards still remains the value stated on the vouchers. This means that the recharge card has not been increased and the real price is stated on MTN vouchers.
He continues "we hereby use this medium to inform all our subscribers that we have not increased the prices of our recharge cards. Any increment from any quarters across the country on our recharge cards is without our knowledge, and we urge all our customers to always pay the exact value advertised on the cards.

Speaking further, "While we are working assiduously to resolve claims of illegal increase, we apologie to our customers for any inconvenience this might ha
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by goingape1: 10:56pm On May 12, 2017
seuncyrus:
grin
that means MTN dey give free glo recharge cards to ETISALAT costumers were dey use airtel line.

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by raphaeladeyele: 11:32pm On May 12, 2017
make mtn allow customers enjoy the last at #7per sec
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Sunnyja: 11:34pm On May 12, 2017
doskie:
etisalat gave my friend 5k today as loan.

not 5k airtime oh.....

5k as in moneyy..
Your friend no go gree pay back o!
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by doskie(m): 11:35pm On May 12, 2017
Sunnyja:
Your friend no go gree pay back o!
lai lai..
the thing enter he fidelity bank.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by lumidee2580(m): 12:04am On May 13, 2017
Leiman100:
is all the network, I bought etisalat at the increase rate

I won't want to believe that because since Mtn have started their madness I've been buying Etisalat and their is no increase in that.

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by 9janinja(m): 1:30am On May 13, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
People still buy recharge cards? Lol...

VTU all the way biko grin

Your head is dere
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by 9janinja(m): 1:35am On May 13, 2017
Verami:
I traveled to Imo state, for me to buy card I had to pay extra money which wasn't funny to me. Abeg make una do something about them. Not all dealers though.

It really pays to do Vtu , n u will get up to 2% of vtu sold at d end of d month ..contact a dealer for note clarification ..thank me later

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by BermudaTriangle(m): 1:36am On May 13, 2017
Codes151:
blame your leaders for the oppression

Or "leaders" in quotes. Do we have leaders ?

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Le2money(m): 4:25am On May 13, 2017
Na this part always dey weak me "we sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused". They are always sorry even if u call them to ask what the dialing code for checking an account balance.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Samcoflex75(m): 4:45am On May 13, 2017
if u are a final yr law student in need of foreign robe and wig, contact me at 08106703923
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by nickluv90: 7:11am On May 13, 2017
[quote author

place don't reduces it, live it that way so dat other network like airtel,glo and etisalt benefit from your large market. MTN well like money, is not possible 4 them to say they don't no why the price increase. I can't remember when last I load my MTN since when de increase their price.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Jamescosmas(m): 7:31am On May 13, 2017
Victek66:
The price hike of MTN recharge card had led MTN consumers to voice their woes and pains. Now, MTN has finally reacted to their customer's complain saying they "has not increase the price of their recharge cards".

According to Adekunle Adebiyi, acting Sales and Distribution Executive of MTN "the cost of recharge cards still remains the value stated on the vouchers. This means that the recharge card has not been increased and the real price is stated on MTN vouchers.
He continues "we hereby use this medium to inform all our subscribers that we have not increased the prices of our recharge cards. Any increment from any quarters across the country on our recharge cards is without our knowledge, and we urge all our customers to always pay the exact value advertised on the cards.

Speaking further, "While we are working assiduously to resolve claims of illegal increase, we apologie to our customers for any inconvenience this might have caused. Alternately, we advise our customers to explore other options of purchasing airtime such as MTN Virtual Top Up (VTU), Diamond Yello Account (DYA), or MTN Auto Top-Up for more information on these please visit www.mtnonline.com/autotopup

I think they should resolve this issue by warning the retailers because you can't tell any retailer to sell recharge card contrary to their will.

What do you have to say about this?
I once sold recharge card, how can u expect someone to buy one voucher at 980# and sell it at 100# is not possible. it used to be 950# MTN pushed the price to 980 and expect the retailers to sell it 100# . Mba noooooo is not possible..

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Nobody: 7:34am On May 13, 2017
Jamescosmas:
I once sold recharge card, how can u expect someone to buy one voucher at 980# and sell it at 100# is not possible. it used to be 950# MTN pushed the price to 980 and expect the retailers to sell it 100# . Mba noooooo is not possible..

MTN has no hand in this that's why they reacted over it yesterday.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Jamescosmas(m): 7:37am On May 13, 2017
mechanics:
Those retailers are thieves, na my ATM card i dey use recharge, unfact mtn should call those retailers to order, if not they will loose more customers, when other cards are selling at normal price, why is it only mtn cards that's different.
you don't understand the situation... Ask questions first....
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Jamescosmas(m): 7:41am On May 13, 2017
Victek66:

MTN has no hand in this that's why they reacted over it yesterday.
Then the problem is from their distribution line and not the retailers..

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by sfinkzslot(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2017
I we be buying my own from shoprite henceforth cheesy
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Royaljustice: 8:15am On May 13, 2017
So bad for two categories of people , those that can not do without mtn and those who don't do mobile banking . Its so unfortunate for mtn to come out and say the increment is not from them to prove they are not telling the truth they would have declared an arrest to anyone who sales on that amount to spoil thier business
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by uchennaq(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2017
CLASSMAN:
All these south Africa companies ehn? People should ask them y is glo, Etisalat and airtel not selling at 110 etc they are big thieves and scam
I answered all questions correctly but still failed. Please read between the lines.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by uchennaq(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2017
I use my first bank account to recharge my mtn line kia kia, on top I have being getting 10mb for every recharge since last week. Dial *894*amount# once you register your line and phone, recharge is now straight forward. Nothing like any extra charge. wise up guys
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by maasoap(m): 8:45am On May 13, 2017
Victek66:

I think they should resolve this issue by warning the retailers because you can't tell any retailer to sell recharge card contrary to their will.
What do you have to say about this?
The fault is not with the retailers but bulk sellers and and those who print N100 and N200 recharge cards. Imagine retailers paying N99/N100 for mtn N100 recharge card! If we're to be realistic, there won't be anything left for them as profit.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by maasoap(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2017
Jamescosmas:
Actually, retailers were buying it at N970 and they didn't complain until recent hike of around N990/N1000.
Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by armadeo(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2017
maxiuc:
What's quickteller for

I don't even buy recharge cards

Been long I did that

I remember a thread some time back about the dearth of small businesses due to quick teller and the likes.

The op asked that for the sake of small hustles we should patronize recharge card sellers instead of mobile or quick teller. I felt hisbpoont of view and decided to walk all the way to a card seller only to be told that #20 has been added to the amount.

I just brought out the phone and purchased online and walked away.

If they like they should add 50# I won't leave where I am again to buy credit.

1 Like

Re: MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards by Codes151(m): 10:54am On May 13, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

Or "leaders" in quotes. Do we have leaders ?
fact!!!! We don't sire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge / Airtel Surprise Package / Gionee M2017 With 7000mah Battery Capacity Now Official: See Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.