Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,829 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Mystery Lover - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mystery Lover (2006 Views)

The Last 12 Hours (A Short Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / From Nigeria With Love: Part 3 (A Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Fear (Mystery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery Lover by Nobody: 9:14am On May 12, 2017
Mystery Lover: By Onabanjo Adedeji.

All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to the author and is protected under copyright laws.
The title, thoughts, plot, characters, settings,
quotes and all its contents are properties of the author.
No part of this work; either in parts or in whole
should be reproduced in any format
without permission from the author.

CHAPTER 1

The tears in Bidemi's eyes failed to recede, and her sulking face exuded a countenance laden with grief. Is this a dream? How can I be pregnant? I am a virgin...I think.

"Bidemi! Bidemi!" Her mother's screeching cry interrupted the horrid thoughts in her head, causing her body to jolt in panic.

"Did you hear what the doctor said? You have gotten pregnant you this girl." Bidemi nibbled on her lips, her gaze fluttering between the calm face of the doctor and her mother's vicious glare. Her heart raced vigorously like the combusting engine of a generator running at full throttle. Me! Pregnant! How? If Bidemi wasn't so certain of the month they were in, she would have thought her present ordeal was an April fools prank. But April was long gone, and the end of the year was fast approaching.

"Bidemi," Mama Tolu shouted again, and Bidemi's heart cushioned fiercely against her chest.

"Who got you pregnant you this girl?" Mama Tolu arched her hand toward Bidemi's head, succeeding in finding her small ear. A twisting pull by her unforgiving fingers sent Bidemi squealing in pain.

"Mummy I don't know."

"You don't know. Yeh - Bidemi has killed me."

Mama Tolu was now descending upon her daughter, scratching, pinching, and even biting. Her iro and buba did their best to restrict her assault on Bidemi, but Mama Tolu was well prepared - tying her iro when they became loose, and folding the sleeves of her gleaming buba when they rolled down her limbs. Bidemi's pleading screams didn't hinder her either, in fact, they seemed to spur Mama Tolu even further.
Dr Ikezie rushed to the aid of her teenage client, adjusting her stethoscope while she manoeuvred through her broad office desk.

"Madam you will kill this child before you get an answer oh," she said.

Bodies wrestled with one another until Dr Ikezie finally succeeded in liberating Bidemi from her mother's furious grasps.

"Let me kill her. Let me kill this stupid girl," Mama Tolu screamed, fixing her loose iro once again.

Bidemi clutched to the back of the doctor who was her only sanctuary this moment. Her light blouse was badly ruffled...almost torn, and her hair that was neatly packed before Mama Tolu's wrath fell upon her was now scattered.
If mummy can react this way to this unbelievable news, then I should be prepared for my funeral when we return home.

"Do not speak such words when you are angry madam, please be calm and have a seat." Dr Ikezie motioned to one of client chair whose position had been distorted by the commotion.

"Okay o. Okay. I will be calm, I will be calm o." Mama Tolu sank onto the metal chair, lowering her rear onto its cushioned seat. The chair supporting her round figure quivered along with her fidgeting body, and through her lips escaped bitter hisses louder than that of any serpent.

Dr Ikezie drew away from Bidemi, leaning her rear on the side-edge of her finely crafted desk. Her eyes, though focused on trembling teenager before her, also monitored the aggrieved mother shaking restlessly behind.

"Now Bidemi, there is no point for lying," she said, folding her arms together.

"Tell us the truth. Think very well. Who did you have intercourse with recently?."

Tears streamed down from Bidemi's pale eyes, running across her sunken face. The question posed to her was more difficult than the quadratic equations she was encountering during her Jamb lessons. She shook her head vigorously, sobbing in agony with her hands merged together by both sets of fingers. I am not stupid now. I know the action that makes one pregnant, and I have never done such. Never! Unless.... But I and Kingsley only kissed - and it was once.

"Bidemi." Mama Tolu's yell jolted Bidemi out from her lingering thoughts, and her cloudy eyes returned to the stern and glaring faces before her.

"Mummy please believe me. I don't know who - I don't know how." The anger on Mama Tolu's face disappeared, and was replaced by a terrible dread.

"Ehhhh," she yelled wearily, lowering her hands on her head in submission. She knew anger couldn't solve anything again, especially with the chaos that awaited them at home.

The hour of reproach had passed, now she had to protect Bidemi from the brutal trashing that awaited her from the hands of Baba Tolu.

To be continued
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 12, 2017
More to follow soon - pls invite others to enjoy this enthralling read.
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 13, 2017
Chapter 2

The atmosphere in the living room was more tense than a war zone. It was almost like a re-enactment of World War two, with Iya Tolu and Bidemi playing the roles of the fleeing Jews, and Baba Tolu imitating a Nazi tyrant.

1 Like

Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 23, 2017
Chapter 2 Continuation

"Who is responsible for that pregnancy?" Baba Tolu asked, armed with a fat cane in his grasp and aiming a venomous stare at his terrified daughter who was hiding behind her mother.

"Daddy I don't know," Bidemi cried.

The frantic chase which had already disorganized the furnitures and ornaments in the sitting room resumed. Mama Bidemi had her arms arched behind her daughter who remained crouched at her back, fidgeting and flinching in dreadful panic. They ran when Baba Tolu sprang after them, and stopped when his bamboozling feet came to a halt.

"Mama Tolu," he screamed in frustration.

"You are indulging this child abi...when you should be on my side so we can teach her a lesson."

"My dear husband, I will not stand by while you kill my only daughter. Let us get to bottom of this matter first."

"Bottom of what?" Baba Tolu yelled.

He charged forward at them but they evaded his assault, fleeing from the back of the long couch to the side of the dinning table. Bidemi's eyes were red from the tears of despair, and her throat was sore from the screeching pleas that departed her lips. She wanted it to end - the chase - her predicament - she wanted it all to cease.

"Please daddy. Please," Bidemi pleaded, still cowered behind her only refuge, with her hand firmly wrapped around her mother's waist.

"Bidemi, I promise you daddy will not hurt you."

Mama Tolu turned her neck to peer at her frightened child.

"Just tell us who the boy is."

Bidemi's eyes were drowned in salty water, and her thoughts wrestled with a moral conundrum. What choice do I have? They want a name...so let me give them one.

"It's...it's...Kingsley," she spewed.

And the heavy tension in the sitting room dissipated like the sudden calm at the end of a rain storm.

1 Like

Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 24, 2017
The concluding chapter will be posted soon.
Re: Mystery Lover by Akinwale14(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2017
Hmm
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Mystery Lover by Shalomdee(f): 8:44pm On May 25, 2017
Nice story, waiting for the next update.
Re: Mystery Lover by empress101(f): 8:22am On May 26, 2017
waiting....
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 26, 2017
Thanks for the comments, and glad you're all being entertained.

Will post chapter three this evening. Also, kindly read my other work on NL, When Day Loves Night. An awesome story already garnering immense following.
Re: Mystery Lover by IamKingDavid: 5:39pm On May 26, 2017
cry angry[color=#990000][/color]

We are waiting
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 26, 2017
And the waiting ends.
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 26, 2017
CHAPTER 3

Kingsley strolled into the compound of his family's two bedroom flat, nodding melodiously to the rhythmic vibrations emitted by his earphones. He had just witnessed the triumph of his favourite football club, and was celebrating with a victory tune.

He ascended the staircase with an athletic charisma, leaping from a platform to another farther up the cascade of swirling stairs. When he reached the front of the door, a sudden uneasiness pierced him within. Kingsley removed the earphones as he struggled to brush off the sudden apprehension that brewed inside him. He just couldn't place a finger on its source. However, Arsenal had just won a premier league title, and nothing would spoil his ecstatic mood...or so he thought.

He opened the front-door of their apartment with an egoistic nonchalance, and strode proudly through the passage. His eyes took cognisance of the pairs of foot-wears arranged near the entrance to the living room, and his ears heard murmurs filtering through the opening that eluded the unclosed door. It must be mummy's group meeting again. He turned toward his room on the left but then stopped his hesitant feet. Maybe I should just say hello. And he let himself into the siting room, colliding with a furious tornado that had been brewing long before he strode through the gates of the house.

Kingsley's gaze wheeled across the sitting room, falling upon familiar faces and those of strangers, until it was cast on a face he wouldn't have dreamt of seeing in his home - a face that made his jaws drop in frightening disbelief. "Bidemi," Kingsley called out in shock.
Re: Mystery Lover by Akinwale14(m): 6:53pm On May 26, 2017
Hmm continue
Re: Mystery Lover by Jsaviour(f): 10:00pm On May 26, 2017
Nice one. We await more updates
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 27, 2017
Continuation of Chapter 3...
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 27, 2017
"Good! at least you cannot deny that you know our daughter," Baba Tolu interjected.

He was seated on a slightly worn out couch beside his rather calm wife.

"Kingsley," Kingsley's father called.

"It seems you are in a hot mess."

He sat on a second couch that was at right angle to the one supporting the rears of their unwanted guests. Kingsley's mother sat near her husband, with her head buried in her palms as she struggled to stifle the timid sobs escaping her lips.

"So you know this girl?" his father said, motioning to the trembling figure of Bidemi whose eyes were evading Kingley's perplexed stare.

"Yes daddy, she is a friend," Kingsley said, forcing the words out of his lips.

"A friend."

Kingsley's father rose to his feet in a brisk manner, his stern look suddenly changed to an angry frown.

"A friend that you impregnated," he shouted, detaching his belt from his brown trousers.

"Ehn! Pregwetin!"

Kingsley's mouth opened wide, and it failed to close. He wheeled a stare once again across the room, pausing at the person whom he had been accused of impregnating.

"Bidemi, me...you...pregnant." He lips failed to interpret the chaos happening in his thoughts.

"Which kind tin be this."

His quivering hands were raised in protest, and his skin pores exuded sweat at a faster rate than a borehole pumping fresh translucent water.

He was completely drowning in confusion, and his heart beat raced in palpable fear.

I should have known that Arsenal winning the premier league would mess up the universe. Now I am in an alternate reality, where I somehow slept with Bidemi. If only I remember it occurring, at least, the memories would be a consolation for this horrible predicament that is upon me.

A slap landed on Kingsley face, and his ears rang digits he couldn't comprehend. He grasped his chin with a delicate touch even as his eyes leaked salty water in response to the sudden strike.

"Haaaaah," he screamed.

This may be an alternate universe, daddy's savage slap, however, hasn't changed one bit.

1 Like

Re: Mystery Lover by Akinwale14(m): 8:32am On May 28, 2017
Lolzz funny
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 10:03am On May 28, 2017
Akinwale14:
Lolzz funny
As in. The slap brought him back to reality.
Re: Mystery Lover by Akinwale14(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2017
dejibanjo:

As in. The slap brought him back to reality.
But is he d one that give d girl belle?because i'm confused
Re: Mystery Lover by Nobody: 5:46am On May 29, 2017
Re: Mystery Lover by Missnande(f): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Really nice!

(1) (Reply)

Dan Brown: Origin. Download Book (released 3rd October 2017) / Animation Studio Looking For Scripts To Buy. / Happy Birthday To Royver!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.