Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud (10828 Views)

FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria / Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by goldcoinhub: 10:13am On May 12, 2017
The Federal Government has suspended Vice Chancellors of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) and Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) over alleged N956 million fraud.
FUNAAB vice chancellor, Prof. Olusola Oyewole, is currently facing a criminal charge in court.

The May 5, 2017 suspension letters was signed by the acting Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Hussaini Adamu, on behalf of the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu.

The letter directed Oyewole to hand over the affairs of the institution to the most senior staff.
The EFCC charged Oyewole, alongside former Pro Chancellor of the school, Adeseye Ogunewe, the Bursar, Moses Ilesanmi to court for alleged abuse of office and misappropriation of funds.

They were investigated after whistleblowers tipped off the anti-graft agency and accused the trio of suspicious dealings totalling N800 million.
The case is before Justice O. Majekodunmi of the state High Court.
In November 2016, EFCC arraigned Oyewole, Ogunlewe and Ilesanmi on an 18-count charge of financial misappropriation.

Members of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) in the institution had earlier shut down the school in protest, and called on the federal government to probe activities of the institution under Oyewole’s leadership.

They, however, pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-JGWKEP8NFRA/WRVBEjx2rkI/AAAAAAADnhk/Q2GOIVS4UVY-GO5CCde1cNj0QwCtB0YAQCLcB/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/05/fg-suspends-futa-funaab-vcs-over.html
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by sunnysunny69(m): 10:22am On May 12, 2017
Soon name checkers will flood here. On a serious note one would expect a professor wont be involved in corruption with all the knowledge but Nigeria case is always a difference. How many students he punished in his profession for cheating in exams not knowing himself na ogbologbo , people like him make Hausa people sometimes look like a saint, shame on him, lock him up for good if possible.

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Franzinni: 10:22am On May 12, 2017
we know how these kinds of story goes..

A slap on the wrist and a "don't do it again under any party that is not APC"

They cook up a story like " lack of substancial evidence" and let them go...

On the flip side kabiru.. A man who steals a goat.... Is doing 30 years in prison...

So you mean to tell me.... Thief get class?

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by brunofarad(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2017
These Vice chancellors of Nigerian schools are part of the problem of our abysmal educational standards in the country,
Yet they will be blaming government for underfunding .

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by IgboAmakaa(f): 11:03am On May 12, 2017
cry cry cry cry

na dem

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by veekid(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2017
Corruption is bae in this country ....... Walai
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Alleviating: 11:04am On May 12, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Nobody: 11:04am On May 12, 2017
sad

Lack of contentment

Even with the millions they earn, they still chose to misappropriate funds meant for the staff

I just weak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by winkmart: 11:04am On May 12, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Soon name checkers will flood here. On a serious note one would expect a professor wont be involved in corruption with all the knowledge but Nigeria case is always a difference. How many students he punished in his profession for cheating in exams not knowing himself na ogbologbo , people like him make Hausa people sometimes look like a saint, shame on him, lock him up for good if possible.

FUNAAB own self na Pastor for that matter

8 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Sunnycliff(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Its unfortunate men of such high academic echelon is bringing shame and disgrace to our nation.
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by ask4double(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Everything and anything in this courtry is hoax... I'm beginning to feel that this country itself is fraud.
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Nobody: 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Their names though... we know them
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by mazizitonene(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
abeg make dem try branch uniport undecided
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by kittykollinxx(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
we av waited long for this in FUTA
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by ephi123(f): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
N956 million fraud

Incredible. Simply incredible. Such greed. This is money that is meant for staff and to also develop the standard of the university and we wonder why the quality of education is spiralling downwards.

They were investigated after whistleblowers tipped off the anti-graft agency and accused the trio of suspicious dealings totalling N800 million.
The case is before Justice O. Majekodunmi of the state High Court.

Well done to the whistle blowers, we need more of these EVERYWHERE. And kudos to EFCC, they actually followed this through.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by femadesh(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
H
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Ayoswit(f): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
Hmmm
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by nurey(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2017
That FUNAAB VC is a very wicked man, thank God i had rounded up before he came in he destroyed the legacy left by an outsider imagine, he been an insider destroyed the good will of FUNAAB he was suppose to do better than Balogun an outsider.

And he is a man of God, preaches the word of God and does the work of God, its a shame that "shame in Nigeria is no more"

let them put him in a cell and throw away the keys i need my convocation and my certificate jare he is delaying it. useless human being embarassed

7 Likes

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by IRobot7(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2017
There was a country.
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:06am On May 12, 2017
Okay oooooo. Quantinue.
Where is the reflection of all the money recovered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by ClaraJ(f): 11:06am On May 12, 2017
ahh?
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by ayusco85(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2017
Blood of nebuchaddenezar shocked shocked
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by callydon(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2017
Lalasticlala, the governor has won oooohhhh
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Punctual(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2017
Everyone just want to be rich illegally in this country
greediness and corruption = Nigeria
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by harffie(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2017
I am so tired of hearing all see stuffs.... We youth need a total reform...I think anybody that is above 50 and that is occupying a post or the other should be forcefully resigned.
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Nobody: 11:08am On May 12, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Lol even Elizade's VC was arrested for alleged embezzlement of millions of dollars. May God deliver us in this nation.

How do we grow as a country when some old men are playing ping pong with the destinies of the young. Plundering and looting the financial purse of their institutions- we have no moral compass in this country.
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by callydon(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2017
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by patrickkkk: 11:12am On May 12, 2017
Titles, Certificates, academic can not safe this Continent from darkness rather EDUCATION will!!! cool......Education demands that u practice what u learn to better your environment. cool
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2017
sunnysunny69:
The day I knew these professors are thieves,was the day I was searching through my dad's books. I saw one book titled 'Money Laundering by Professor Osunbor' the formal governor of Edo state. This same man was removed from office because of electoral malpractices and embezzlement of funds.
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by shaddoww: 11:18am On May 12, 2017
On your way to the top.

Please do try your best to respect and honour those who are above you.
"because they have the power to pull you up or keep you down".

Be very careful with those coming behind you, who are aiming for your position, fear them and never underestimate them.
"because they can do anything to get to where you are, even if it means getting rid of you".

Lastly, be very compassionate with those below you, who may never get close to where you are because of their status, love them, help them no matter how little and never underrate them.
"because, should you retire or fall, they will be the one to catch you, carry you and help propagate your name in the process of your redemption ".
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by Kakamorufu(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2017
nurey:
That FUNAAB VC is a very wicked man, thank God i had rounded up before he came in he destroyed the legacy left by an outsider imagine, he been an insider destroyed the good will of FUNAAB he was suppose to do better than Balogun an outsider.

And he is a man of God, preaches the word of God and does the work of God, its a shame that "shame in Nigeria is no more"

let them put him in a cell and throw away the keys i need my convocation and my certificate jare he is delaying it. useless human being embarassed
same here oo. I was hoping he will do more than balogun sef. I entered the school a year after and felt sorry for funnaab. the man is exactly the opposite of balogun.
well me Don collect my cert sha. dem go give you urs, no fear
Re: FG Suspends FUTA, FUNAAB Vice Chancellors Over N957m Fraud by babalonimi: 11:22am On May 12, 2017
Yet we speak against private uni dat r doing well. It's better to pray n plan to send our children there!!! Look at lautech too!

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Uk Universities That Accept Hnd For Msc Programs / What Will Be Your Reaction If This Happens To You(pic). / LASU Post-Jamb Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.