Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities (35051 Views)

ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Oluwamarc(m): 2:24am On May 11, 2020
The Federal Ministry of Education has ordered vice chancellors to maintain the closure of federal, state and private universities in order to keep students and university communities safe from coronavirus.

The National Universities Commission gave the directive through a circular by the Director, Directorate of the Executive Secretary’s Office, Chris Maiyaki.

The circular read, “Vice chancellors will please recall that following the ministerial directive of March 19, 2020, the NUC issued two circulars on Friday, March 20, to convey approval for the closure of institutions for a period of one month effective from Monday, March 23.

“The Federal Ministry of Education has subsequently directed on Friday, March 8, that all schools remain closed as the Federal Government is closely monitoring developments on the containment of the COVID-19. Vice-Chancellors are to ignore the fake news being circulated in the social media as the situation is under constant review and any decision will be conveyed through the appropriate channels.

“I am therefore to forward herewith, a copy of the circular from the Federal Ministry of Education to vice chancellors of Nigerian universities for guidance and full compliance.”

The NUC had, on March 19, ordered the closure of tertiary institutions for one month as part of the measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

Four days after the closure, the Academic Staff Union of Universities declared a “total and indefinite strike” over the failure of the Federal Government to keep to the 2019 Memorandum of Action and over the lingering crisis on the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System.

The union had begun a two-week warning strike on March 9, after which the lecturers embarked on a full strike.

The PUNCH reports that the five contentious issues in the 2019 MoA are the revitalisation fund for universities, outstanding earned academic allowances, renegotiation of the 2009 agreement, proliferation of universities, particularly by state governments, and the establishment of visitation panels to universities.

https://citadelng.com.ng/2020/05/11/fg-warns-vice-chancellors-against-reopening-varsities/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Staphylococcus: 2:26am On May 11, 2020
Good move.

This is not a time to gamble with human life`s

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by CodeTemplar: 3:05am On May 11, 2020
Boko Haramic government we have never liked the idea of four walls of a school with books and student within .

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by PropertyBuying(f): 4:58am On May 11, 2020
Staphylococcus:
Good move.

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Hisduchess(f): 6:14am On May 11, 2020
Staphylococcus:
Good move.

I wonder why you choose staphylococcus as your moniker.anyway you should consider taking streptococcus or syphilis some other time sir lipsrsealed

16 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Nobody: 6:15am On May 11, 2020
I won't be graduating this year ...It's now dawn on me cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by holmez(m): 6:30am On May 11, 2020
I don't understand this confusion. ASUU is on strike so y would d VC of tertiary institutions reopen the varsities?

ASUU vs FG

Over the years, students are the ones feeling d pain. They're d grasses that suffers the pain when d two elephants disagree.

Is it so difficult to settle?

But it all doesn't matter as we have a much more greater enemy. An enemy that's faceless and doesn't select sides.

God help us and heal our land.

We would see the end of it all. AMEN!

13 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by jericco1(m): 6:44am On May 11, 2020
Hisduchess:

I wonder while you choose staphylococcus as your moniker.anyway you should consider taking streptococcus or syphilis some other time sir lipsrsealed

You won't mind your language now oh
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by chrisifeanyi: 7:07am On May 11, 2020
AdaoraJoy:
I won't be graduating this year ...It's now dawn to me cry

Fine gal. Where are you?
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by freshkpomo(m): 10:08am On May 11, 2020
Hisduchess:

I wonder while you choose staphylococcus as your moniker.anyway you should consider taking streptococcus or syphilis some other time sir lipsrsealed
The guy dey sell herbal medicine lol

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Brunicekid(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Boko Haramic government we have never liked the idea of four walls of a school with books and student within .
You will say "you". Speak for yourself!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by sojayy(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2020

2 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by mrZENographer: 10:14am On May 11, 2020
Seek Jesus today and be cloth in his Righteousness. Cleanse your hands you sinners and purify your heart's ye double-minded. Let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy into soberness.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by MorataFC: 10:15am On May 11, 2020
Ok
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Ebukawaylaid(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2020
Nigeria wahala dey too many.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Slawormir: 10:15am On May 11, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by ecolime(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2020
Better
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2020
Abeg,my Port Harcourt brothers and sisters here. una good morning first.

make una help una guy,una guy na young guy, una guy na guy wey dey hustle as per photographer,una guy na upcoming one for that matter..

Una know as wike keep us now and na daily bread I dey see chop that time.

I know things hard for everybody here, I know as e dey be,make una pardon my manners. Na beg I dey beg.

Abeg I know say God fit use one of una touch me between today and Wednesday as per say wike lift lockdown for two days say make we go restock and the lockdown go start on Thursday.. as I dey talk now, I no get shishi.palliative or waiting den dey call am, them no One gree share.
abeg Aunties and uncles, help me to get a cartoon of Noodles.. abeg

for my PH brothers, I stay along TANK road near rumukwrushi market.
abeg, you fit call me out to give me even garri, it's highly welcome.

my bank detail dey my signature.
make una no vex.
abeg

modified...

please you people should help me. it's not "LIKE" and share that will feed me.. abeg

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by salbis(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2020
FG sounding as if most of universities dey open before the outbreak of COVID-19. Make una settle with ASUU first.

9 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Chatflick(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2020
Gbam
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Finnese001: 10:16am On May 11, 2020
who is FG

2 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by fasho01(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2020
Reopening of schools at any level isn't the smart thing to do at this point
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by pennywys(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2020
cheesy
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Kizzygentle: 10:17am On May 11, 2020
Good move. Prevention is better than cure.
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by ChiefAfonja: 10:17am On May 11, 2020
grin
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Muyiwaipere(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2020
As if d VC get wetin dem dey offer students

Laslas no be go the student to go dey live couples life
Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by israelmao(m): 10:18am On May 11, 2020
E-Learning would have come handy in this period but Nigerian university education most especially public university education is trailing far behind the rest of the vorld.

3 Likes

Re: FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities by Lumig: 10:18am On May 11, 2020
It's a tough time for everyone, both the FG and the educational institutions.
Universities cannot afford to open at this time until the lockdowns in states are relaxed because students will have to move interstate to their various schools. It's a challenging time people

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Adebisi Yusuff Adebayo: Graduate With 50 Research Articles Bags 1st Class / Afam Nduaguba Made It At Havard University, Graduates As Stellar Student / Did You Label Your Pen In School Back In Those Days, Do You Still Remember This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.