Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? (870 Views)

Why I Am Fairly Certain That All Religions Are False. / All Religions Present The Sons Of God As Almighty God / The Holy Prophet Tb Joshua Heals People Of All Religions - Like In The Gospels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30am On May 13, 2017
Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth?
By Steven Bancarz - November 11, 2015

By Steven Bancarz| As some of you know, I am a former New Age author for thespiritscience.net and owner/founder of the website and Facebook page for "Spirit Science and Metaphysics." After an experience of Jesus and doing some deeper studying in the New Age, I realized that Jesus Christ of the Bible is exactly who He claimed to be. I became a born-again Christian and gave up everything I was involved with in the New Age, and since then have received a lot of backlash.

One of the objections that got raised is that one religion cannot possibly be true and they all point towards the same Divine Truth. Someone said "I can't understand how it can be right to walk out my door each morning and feel in my soul that everyone around me is wrong."

How can there be so many world religions, and only one be correct? They must as be pointing towards a common universal truth. Isn't it just absurd, rude, judgmental and even arrogant to claim that YOU have the one true path to God and the majority of the world is lost at sea?

First off it's important to point out that if we want to show a position to be false, we can't do that by pointing to the qualities of the person holding the belief. In your eyes, it may be arrogant to claim that almost all religions are false, but that doesn't mean the claim itself is false.

If we want to show a claim to be false we need to present an argument against that claim instead of labeling the person presenting that claim to be arrogant as an attempt to invalidate their belief. Otherwise we are simply attacking the personality of the speaker instead of the beliefs the speaker is holding.

I think most people realize this and are just genuinely curious about how to reconcile this problem. It is a very good and fair objection. So here we go.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/do-all-religions-lead-to-god/

1 Share

Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by CyrusTheGreat: 3:47am On May 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Do all religions lead to God and point to the same truth?

No they don't. Hinduism for one is extremely polytheistic, with over 33 Million Gods. Buddhism does not require a belief in a god, and in fact Buddhism itself rejects the idea of a creator god that made the universe, like the Christian god or the Muslim god. The ancient Sumerian, Egyptian and Greek gods were a pantheon of gods, the latter of which contained Zeus, the god of thunder and ruler over Mount Olympus, who's artistic representation was stolen by early European Christians as the depiction for the Christian god.

God in Christianity after entering Rome:

Zeus, the Greco-Roman god of thunder Pre-Christianity:

[img]https://karlog.files./2010/07/zeus.jpg[/img]

Zoroastrianism worshipped a single god on the basis of good vs evil 1000 years before Christianity even existed, and arguably before Judaism existed too. It is believed that many semite religions such as Judaism, Christianity, arab religions and later Islam, were all influenced by Zoroastrianism's monotheism, religious structure and morality divide, as much as they hated to admit it.

None of them are right (except maybe modern Buddhism), and gods do not exist.

1 Like

Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by orisa37: 4:47am On May 13, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=56471476][/quote]

Jesus Christ is
The Way
The Truth and
The Life.
He is The Resurrection also.
No one goes to Heaven without knowing Him.
Islamist, not Muslims, not Moslems and only those who thoroughly know The Relevance of Anobi ISA as The Essence of Religion will make Heaven.
The Jews are planning to make Heaven and have been guided to invite T.B.Joshua to come to Israel to lead them to know Christ, whom they have neglected and to make Heaven.
IT IS ALL CHRIST-GOD!!!

1 Like

Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2017
1. Universalism is a more extreme worldview than believing in one true religion. For details, click on the link below:

Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by Amberon: 9:35pm On May 15, 2017
No
Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by dsams: 12:33am On May 16, 2017
Christianity is the true religion. why atheist and Muslims are able to talk few Christians out of the way is because of the false prophets presenting their selves as God's servants while they aren't. so they deceives those that don't read the bible and get rooted in Jesus. Jesus foretold it in the Bible that in the end-time false prophets and false religions shall arise and shall deceive many and that's what happening now. all this are the signs of the second coming of Jesus as foretold in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:05am On May 16, 2017
religion is religion.. you don't need religion to get to God
Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2017
Wilgrea7:

religion is religion.. you don't need religion to get to God

How about true religion, can true religion lead to God? undecided
Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by Wilgrea7(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

How about true religion, can true religion lead to God? undecided

there is no true religion... you don't need religion to get to God.. almost all religions have good points
Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On May 24, 2017
Wilgrea7:

there is no true religion... you don't need religion to get to God.. almost all religions have good points

Can you then tell us what leads to God?
Re: Do All Religions Lead To God And Point To The Same Truth? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Jan 14, 2019
Are all religions equal? Do they all point to God in some way? The answer is simple. They can't, because they all contradict each other in telling us how to get there.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Video: Pastor Ashimolowo Of KICC Asks Members To Sow Seeds Of $ 1,000 O / ATM Machines Spotted On The Wall Of Tunde Bakare's Church In Lagos(photos) / The Flying Scroll Of Zechariah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.