Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? (698 Views)

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59am On May 13, 2017
What does the Bible say about being a good parent? What are the Biblical principles of good parenting?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by obamabinladen(m): 6:21am On May 13, 2017
Ephesians 6:4, Proverbs 19:18, 13:24, 22:15, 22:6.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On May 15, 2017
What are the Biblical principles of good parenting?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2017
obamabinladen:

Ephesians 6:4, Proverbs 19:18, 13:24, 22:15, 22:6.

What is your understanding of those verses?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What does the Bible say about being a good parent? What are the Biblical principles of good parenting?

Click on the link for a clue:

https://www.gotquestions.org/good-parent.html
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by plappville(f): 11:37pm On May 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Click on the link for a clue:

https://www.gotquestions.org/good-parent.html

That was a Nice article. The Western Education contradicts God command. Kids in thé West learn things at first year in college, in first year, they start telling you. Mum, my teacher said it's against the law that our parents should discipline us. No form of hit is allowed. According to this article you posted, We can use the rod on the child. There is à way to use it to correct the child. But the law in some Countries prohibits mainly because some parents do abuse thier children. Are we to obey man and disobey God in this case? Of course not. I had an argument with a Friend in Finland. Who said He will never hit his child or allos His wife to do so. He said I do not want to go to jail and lost my child custody. He interpreted the use the "rod" to be use "words" in Ur mouth to discipline kids. I didn't agree with him through. It's tough for Christians In Thé West because of certain ungodly laws. I just think that Europe and America do not have the heart of God. That's why they keep liking/loving what God hates and hate what God loves.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On May 31, 2017
plappville:

That was a Nice article. The Western Education contradicts God command. Kids in thé West learn things at first year in college, in first year, they start telling you. Mum, my teacher said it's against the law that our parents should discipline us. No form of hit is allowed. According to this article you posted, We can use the rod on the child. There is à way to use it to correct the child. But the law in some Countries prohibits mainly because some parents do abuse thier children. Are we to obey man and disobey God in this case? Of course not. I had an argument with a Friend in Finland. Who said He will never hit his child or allos His wife to do so. He said I do not want to go to jail and lost my child custody. He interpreted the use the "rod" to be use "words" in Ur mouth to discipline kids. I didn't agree with him through. It's tough for Christians In Thé West because of certain ungodly laws. I just think that Europe and America do not have the heart of God. That's why they keep liking/loving what God hates and hate what God loves.

This reminds me of a videoclip of a child who called the cops on his mum for hitting him with a belt. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-esjDFasPs
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Being A Good Parent? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32am On Jun 13, 2017
Daily Manna
FRIDAY, JUNE 9, 2017

NOT CHILD ABUSE

TEXT: PROVERBS 23:13-25

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell" (Proverbs 23:13,14).

It is disheartening to see how the world is making every attempt to set aside biblical principles and values that have been the bedrock of the family and the society over the years. The biblical pattern of child training and upbringing which recommends disciplining an erring child to save him from complete ruin is now being seen as child abuse.

If we are to save our world from total disintegration, then we must go back and embrace the values we have neglected. One of such is the practice of disciplining the child through the use of the rod of correction. The Bible here tells us that we will be doing the child a great deal of good when we apply the rod when necessary. Correction takes foolishness from the child and saves him from future ruin. It is known that a child that is left to himself without the loving corrections of his parents is left to his own doom.

As Christians living in this modern age, we must be careful that we do not allow the teachings, principles and practices of the age to make us abandon the teachings and values of the Scriptures, especially with those having to do with family life and child training. Those who see physical beating of a child as child abuse miss it completely. No Christian parent is expected to get involved in the act of abusing anybody, let alone his own children. Spanking of a child should be done mildly and in love. Its purpose should be to reform and not to deform the child. It is recommended that parents should not correct their children in anger. Be in control of your emotions when trying to discipline the child, the gravity of the offence notwithstanding.

When discipline and correction are properly applied in our homes, we will have children who will grow up to become well-disciplined adults with sound moral values that will help build a very strong and sane society.

Bible Reading in one Year: JOB 5-8

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: Don't spare the rod so you won't spoil the child!

See more HERE:

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/05/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/10/17 / “is God A CONFUSIONIST?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.