Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Top Lite Apps That Reduce Battery And Data Drain On Your Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top Lite Apps That Reduce Battery And Data Drain On Your Smartphone (565 Views)

Airtel Data Drain / Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls / 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Lite Apps That Reduce Battery And Data Drain On Your Smartphone by TechLector: 12:44pm On May 13, 2017
Sequel to the article on 5 Apps that drain your smartphone battery the most, TechLector brings to you; Top Lightweight (Lite) applications that reduce battery and data drain in your smartphone.

Hours back, an article was posted about applications that cause smartphone batteries to drain faster than they should. If you didn’t read it, you can do that HERE. If you have read it, you would notice that some of these applications are ones which we require on a daily.

Asides using them for fun, we utilize these apps in our businesses too. Talk about Facebook and Facebook Messenger. Some business owners use these medium to interact and chat with their clients, make new deals, nourish old ones and even to take up customer complaint or solve them.

The above reasons make them indispensable. Sort of. We believe the battery and data these applications drain are a small price to pay for their usefulness. Well, you are right. However, the price could be reduced to the barest minimum.

How? By installing “Lightweight” or “Lite” versions of such indispensable applications. Lite applications are simply toned down versions of the original application(s).

While original applications have more functionalities than Lite applications, Lite apps performs the basic functions that the original app carries out. So by using these Lite apps, you won’t be missing out on much fun while you’re​ on the battery and data saving mission. Yes! They also use little space on your device’s memory too.

Now let’s have a look at some of such applications whose Lite version you can install to save battery and data.

Top Lite Apps that reduces battery and data drain
1. Facebook Lite

The Lite version of the Facebook app is available on various playstore. This lightweight application installs faster​ than the original Facebook app. Also, it launches and runs faster than the main Facebook app too. And while doing all these, it takes a relatively smaller amount of your data and battery juice.

The user interface is simple, minimalistic and features all basic functions that main Facebook app does. Plus the size of the Facebook Lite is less than 1MB.

2. Messenger Lite

Oh Yes! The Facebook Messenger has a lightweight version too. This version takes small storage space, little data, minimal battery consumption and runs on 2G network. You should try it out if your main Messenger app is giving you a hard time; either by causing your smartphone to heat up or ‘cuz it takes too much battery power.

3. UC Browser Mini

This is the smaller version of one of the most popular web browser on the Android platform. The UC Browser Mini (or UC Mini) uses less power and storage space unlike its bigger version.

4. Opera Mini

This app, no doubt, is one of the most widely used browser out there…and you should try it too if you haven’t. Opera Mini is the Lite version of the Opera web browser and it is simply amazing. Easy to use, navigate and doesn’t zap battery or data.

5. Camera360 Lite

This application is the small version of the main Camera360 app. This app still manages to provide good HD images and amazing filters like the main app. It is also small in size (about 4MB) and consumes less battery.

There you have it people. Best Lite app you can install on your smartphone to save battery juice, data and storage space. So instead of deleting those apps, you can just install their lightweight versions in lieu.

source: https://techlector.com/top-lite-apps-that-reduce-battery-and-data-drain/
Re: Top Lite Apps That Reduce Battery And Data Drain On Your Smartphone by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 13, 2017
We have been lead to hold dear instant gratification.
When you allow technology to control you, you then have a lot to sorrow.
Why instant messaging? it ain't necessary.
Simply control these apps, whether big or lite, use them when you want them, by force stopping them., Control their wakeup, restrict their background running. Simply use your apps when you need them.
My location is always on when I am outdoors, for the health of my battery life, I force stopped my apps. I used them when I need to.

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate Glo Data Doubler / Essential Phone By Andy Rubin | Features / Check Out How You Can Win The Latest Tecno Phantom 8 Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.