Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

C.V (resume) Standards - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / C.V (resume) Standards (1587 Views)

My Updated Curriculum Vitae (c.v) / Job Vacancies In Top Companies Paying 200k Salary And Get Your C.V. Rewritten!! / Please Is This C.V Combination Ok For A Private School Teaching Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C.V (resume) Standards by nicelaw(m): 9:53pm On May 13, 2017
I really want intelligent opinions about this..
I sent my C.V for a rebuild and I got it back with my picture at the top right corner of the C.V.. Some of my friends argued it's neither appropriate nor official while others support and recommend I go with it. Please I really need your take on this.. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: C.V (resume) Standards by CaptainKool15(m): 11:15pm On May 13, 2017
nmreports your help is needed
Re: C.V (resume) Standards by nmreports: 5:50am On May 14, 2017
Well I think its modern to be honest.
However, I am of the opinion that it should be used for certain jobs like:
1. PR applications.
2. Personal assistant applications.
3. Modeling.
4. Front desk officers etc.

In Nigeria however, it seems a very weird and funny thing to put your picture on your resume.
Most of these things are geographically determined and resume developers are meant to be careful.

I redevelop resumes to and all I know a good resume should entail is:
1. Simplicity.
2. Clarity.
3. Uniformity.
4. Skills and experience written in form of what you have done and not what you can do.
5. Lastly, written in such a way that HR ATS wont reject it.

Check my profile or signature to get your CV started.

In my opinion, the person that did your CV used a generic format downloaded over the internet and thats a lazy thing to do.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C.V (resume) Standards by Nobody: 7:59am On May 14, 2017
Please is there any standard file size for a cv ? However i mostly send out my cv in pdf format. Please someone should explain more about this.
Re: C.V (resume) Standards by kacy05(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2017
Well, for now.. CVs are most likely to be submitted either in word or pdf formats.. These are the two ways of submitting cvs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: C.V (resume) Standards by nmreports: 11:41am On May 14, 2017
Has Mynd44 or Lalasticlala seen this eye opening thread?

1 Like

Re: C.V (resume) Standards by palladin: 11:52am On May 14, 2017
Build your resume with CV Builder for smart resumes (Android App). The app will style your resume for you. Simply fill in the forms available. You can build multiple cvs and the app will output them in PDF of 8 different styles/templates/layouts

The app is available on playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hydraapps.cvbuilder

see attached pix

1 Like

Re: C.V (resume) Standards by nicelaw(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2017
nmreports:
Well I think its modern to be honest.
However, I am of the opinion that it should be used for certain jobs like:
1. PR applications.
2. Personal assistant applications.
3. Modeling.
4. Front desk officers etc.

In Nigeria however, it seems a very weird and funny thing to put your picture on your resume.
Most of these things are geographically determined and resume developers are meant to be careful.

I redevelop resumes to and all I know a good resume should entail is:
1. Simplicity.
2. Clarity.
3. Uniformity.
4. Skills and experience written in form of what you have done and not what you can do.
5. Lastly, written in such a way that HR ATS wont reject it.

Check my profile or signature to get your CV started.

In my opinion, the person that did your CV used a generic format downloaded over the internet and thats a lazy thing to do.
Thanks a big deal.. . I really appreciate
Re: C.V (resume) Standards by nicelaw(m): 1:40pm On May 14, 2017
palladin:
Build your resume with CV Builder for smart resumes (Android App). The app will style your resume for you. Simply fill in the forms available. You can build multiple cvs and the app will output them in PDF of 8 different styles/templates/layouts

The app is available on playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hydraapps.cvbuilder

see attached pix
Waooooooooo... This is really good... Thanks

(1) (Reply)

U- Connect Human Resources Is Recruiting Graduate Sales Executives For A Bank / I Am In Dire Need Of A Job. Somebody Help! / Recruiting Agency Call For An Affordable Website Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.