Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know (30007 Views)

Tekowi: Armoured Vehicles Manufactured By Obasa Specialty Vehicle In Ekiti State / 17 Interesting Facts About Bulletproof Cars That Most People Might Not Know / 13 Interesting Facts About Supercars/sportscars That Most People Might Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by XKZ(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
I heard of one that was demobilized and set on fire which forced the occupants out to face their doom. That's why I insist it's a total waste..

An armoured car does not protect you indefinitely, it just increases your chances of surviving an initial attack. Thus giving you an opportunity to take counter measures/evasive action.

When an armoured car is under attack the ideal thing is to race off. If you get immobilised, too bad...

Even if you were riding a tank, given sufficient time (and fire power), its defences will be breached. If you want to be completely safe from attacks get a bunker, crawl in and don't come out... And don't annoy the US, they have bunker busters smiley

4 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by DollarAngel(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2017
Good
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by XKZ(m): 10:01am On May 14, 2017
meezynetwork:
Is the tyre armoured too?

uvalued:

what of the tyres of the armoured cars are they bullet proofed

They have run-flat tyres

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nobody: 10:13am On May 14, 2017
so u took some reck neck hard work video compilation, edit it as ur own, then post it on ur blog, good job naija blogger. The day you lazy ass blogger start doing research & bringing something diffrent. Thats when you will make money, otherwise you are just wasting ur time

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nobody: 10:20am On May 14, 2017
its only in rare cases that an armoured car will be demobilized. an armoured car is hard to identify in most cases so a would be attacker would tink its a normal car, stand infront of it and attempt to shoot the windscreen. At that moment, the driver can conviniently drive into the attacker before zooming off.

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by jhybosky(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2017
ok
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by packagerz: 10:28am On May 14, 2017
Hon Femi Kehinde 2018
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by chyket(m): 10:35am On May 14, 2017
The greatest challenge with an armoured vehicle is that sometimes when there is an accident, the doors may lock and occupants are trapped. Its normally very difficult to break into the vehicle to rescue victims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Fourwinds: 10:49am On May 14, 2017
groovie:
Pry open the fuel tank and put a grenade inside.
The day i saw this in a movie i discovered how everything is vanity
dat is if d tank has no lock
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Immorttal: 11:00am On May 14, 2017
groovie:
my bro, am in love with dartz motors, if i get my hand on one soon, i will customise it with stealth automatic shooting gaps. Am protected 100%
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by curtisaxel(m): 12:47pm On May 14, 2017
Reminds me of the legendary Biafran engineers during the civil war who converted range rovers and ordinary transport cars to armoured vehicles........they even built armored vehicles entirely from scrap metal.God bless Biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by abels(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2017
mmafhew:

[/b]
[b]3)It would take less than 6 months to get to the Moon by an armoured car at 60mph (95km/h)

Sorry sir if i may ask which way? I tot its only tru air they go dont know you can get to the moon tru land
... Nor mind dem
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Bondesniger(m): 1:07pm On May 14, 2017
i need one now where can i oder
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by emorse(m): 1:08pm On May 14, 2017
hothead:
The World's must luxurious armoured vehicles. Dartz Motors. They have their own edition of the Benz - G class called the iTempter. I am Dartz agent in Nigeria. Looking for the 1st Nigerian mad man to buy one. http://dartz.us/
Lol. Don't worry man. We have them aplenty. About 500 in the national assembly, only God knows how many in the Presidency, state assemblies, state governors and even local government chairmen. That's a large pool.

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by akaahs(m): 1:22pm On May 14, 2017
Is it bomb proof or EOD proof? If not is a total waste of resources.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by 2Ways(m): 1:42pm On May 14, 2017
it may take up to a year before kidnappers or hire killers can kill you in your car, but it won't take up to 5 minutes for a woman to kill you on top.

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 14, 2017
groovie:

You watch movies too much , it's affecting your grasp on reality.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 14, 2017
akaahs:
Is it bomb proof or EOD proof? If not is a total waste of resources.

Yes , some are bomb proof
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by chiraqDemon(m): 2:49pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
I heard of one that was demobilized and set on fire which forced the occupants out to face their doom. That's why I insist it's a total waste..
Do u know that the donald trump can never die in his presidential armoured car except its extremely high level explosives or a nuke. Its not useless at all. It gives the victim extra time to escape. But nothing is perfect and in rare situations the car's defence can b disabled or the attackers might find a loophole.
But in majority of situations the victims escape unhurt.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by nams77: 2:51pm On May 14, 2017
uvalued:
so do i ...

@ obafemee80(m): 1:50am

does second hand value armored car (tokunbo) still have value like the new after say 5years.

what of the tyres of the armoured cars are they bullet proofed
They use tyres that stay inflated to some extent even if punctured and can take carry them to a particular distance before it totally deflates
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by bullabong(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
A total waste of money. Can they armour life
ignorance is deadly! Driving an armoured vehicle means you can easily escape the everyday threat of kidnappers and assassins or highway robbers because they won't have the time to crack open the vehicle cos u can still move while calling for help with ur phone. Get some education pls.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nutase: 3:02pm On May 14, 2017
bullabong:
ignorance is deadly! Driving an armoured vehicle means you can easily escape the everyday threat of kidnappers and assassins or highway robbers because they won't have the time to crack open the vehicle cos u can still move while calling for help with ur phone. Get some education pls.
In Nigeria who do you call for help?

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by uvalued(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2017
nams77:

They use tyres that stay inflated to some extent even if punctured and can take carry them to a particular distance before it totally deflates

how about second hand valued cars tokunbo armored cars do they do same after years of usage?
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by groovie(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2017
neoapocalypse:

You watch movies too much , it's affecting your grasp on reality.

Alright guru (whatever ur name is) i am open minded, please come and teach me reality.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Mcreloaded(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2017
Everything in this world made by man expires so how about the expiry dates on the armoured glass and is it easy to replace
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 14, 2017
groovie:

Alright guru (whatever ur name is) i am open minded please come & teach me reality.

lol. A lot of things we see in movies don't really work out as it's portrayed , some may be possible but the chances are very very slim. I hope you know a grenade will not even enter the fuel tank as there's usually this metal cover at the entrance of the fuel tank , more so , grenades don't explode with so much fire like it's depicted in moves , yes inflammable materials may get ignited but the grenade doesn't explode with fire
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by bullabong(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
In Nigeria who do you call for help?
I guarantee you that anyone who can afford an armored vehicle in Nigeria has the commissioner of police on speed dial. You need his clearance to own such a vehicle.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by blackboy(m): 4:12pm On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
A total waste of money. Can they armour life
whenever I read how a billionaire was killed so easily I feel sad and angry. With all that money invest in high tech security, armed guards bullet proof vest and vehicle - real security. At least if he goes down he and the world will know he did his best to protect himself
Why be stingy to yourself when it comes to security person who don't have anything can sleep without locking doors
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by groovie(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:37pm On May 14, 2017
Its Sunday....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP: My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel. / Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) / Cars Floating Down A River In New Jersey (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.