Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 (9782 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification / Rccg Sunday School Manual,sunday,14th May,2017 / Rccg Sunday School Manual, Sunday 7th May,2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2017
micomfortevents:
I am in the church but no Sunday school book with me. So I find this post useful. Thanks
uwc
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2017
FRANKOSKI:
NICE AND SIMPLE. GOD BLESS YOU @POSTER.
AMEN! Bless u too sir
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by paxonel(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2017
4reala:
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL
LESSON THIRTY-SEVEN
SUNDAY, 14TH MAY, 2017
TOPIC: CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE
MEMORY VERSE: ‘’And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." - Genesis 2:23
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 2:21-25
INTRODUCTION:
The marriage institution was ordained by God as part of the essential process of life. It is one of the fundamental and basic sacraments in the Christian church. It is the oldest institution which God Himself established at the beginning of creation. It is the bedrock of the church. We should approach marriage with dignity as a sacred and divine institution (Hebrews 13:4).
LESSON OUTLINES
1. The reason for marriage
2. Marriage is for adults
THE REASON FOR MARRIAGE
There are various reasons people go into marriage relationship. The first principal reason for Christian marriage is for mutual fellowship. Loneliness is not good. It is dangerous. The Lord saw the man needed companionship, hence, the creation of woman (Genesis 2:18-22, 24). There are exceptions according to the Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 7:32. Secondly, God made us with sexual desires that are good, holy and legitimate but must only be satisfied in marriage. This will also check the sinful life of adultery or fornication (1Corinthians 7:12). Thirdly, to obey the command of God, which is to be fruitful, multiply, propagate the human race and replenish the earth through child bearing/rearing in the fear of God (Genesis 1:28; 9:1; Proverbs 22:6). Fourthly, two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour (Eccles. 4:9-11). Lastly, it takes two (a man and a woman) to make "one flesh" (Genesis 2:24).
MARRIAGE IS FOR ADULTS
Anyone who wants to marry must be matured physically and should have attained the age of accountability. Financially, the intending couple, especially the man, should be strong enough to provide for a household (1Timothy 5:cool. They should also be mentally and emotionally balanced (Titus 1:cool. Marriage requires a separation from parents (Mark 10:6-9). It carries a lot of responsibilities that childish minded persons cannot bear (1Samuel 25:18-25). A good Christian marriage also requires the consent and blessing of parents of both parties (Genesis 24:50-51, 59-60).
CONCLUSION:
Marriage is a holy institution and God is the author. He has set the ideals in the Bible. Anyone who fails to apply these will surely have problems with their homes. Let us pray for the success of all Christian marriages worldwide.
QUESTIONS
1. Give reasons for marriage?
2. Who is qualified to marry?
When the man cannot afford to do the marriage ceremony and pay her bride price,yet they agreed to live together, is it marriage?
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by barrysome001: 4:40pm On May 14, 2017
This Sunday school teaching was very interesting in my church today, wondered why the OP missed it
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2017
paxonel:

When the man cannot afford to do the marriage ceremony and pay her bride price,yet they agreed to live together, is it marriage?
That is cohabitation and not marriage, and its very very wrong
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 6:43pm On May 14, 2017
barrysome001:
This Sunday school teaching was very interesting in my church today, wondered why the OP missed it
how did u come to the conclusion dat op missed it?
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by paxonel(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2017
4reala:
That is cohabitation and not marriage, and its very very wrong
Why is it wrong? They love each other and are ready to start a family
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by Rukkydelta(f): 7:06pm On May 14, 2017
Alexk2:

grin doh..."afraid is doing you abi" happy sunday dear.
Lol
Same to you cheesy
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by barrysome001: 8:36pm On May 14, 2017
4reala:
how did u come to the conclusion dat op missed it?
I was referring to that of my church;that he didn't attend Sunday school in my church.
'Twas on a lighter mode bro.
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 9:21pm On May 14, 2017
barrysome001:

I was referring to that of my church;that he didn't attend Sunday school in my church.
'Twas on a lighter mode bro.
OK, op means original poster
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2017
paxonel:

Why is it wrong? They love each other and are ready to start a family
That's not what d Bible teaches.
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by Dannan: 9:44pm On May 14, 2017
4reala:
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL
LESSON THIRTY-SEVEN
SUNDAY, 14TH MAY, 2017
TOPIC: CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE
MEMORY VERSE: ‘’And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." - Genesis 2:23
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 2:21-25
INTRODUCTION:
The marriage institution was ordained by God as part of the essential process of life. It is one of the fundamental and basic sacraments in the Christian church. It is the oldest institution which God Himself established at the beginning of creation. It is the bedrock of the church. We should approach marriage with dignity as a sacred and divine institution (Hebrews 13:4).
LESSON OUTLINES
1. The reason for marriage
2. Marriage is for adults
THE REASON FOR MARRIAGE
There are various reasons people go into marriage relationship. The first principal reason for Christian marriage is for mutual fellowship. Loneliness is not good. It is dangerous. The Lord saw the man needed companionship, hence, the creation of woman (Genesis 2:18-22, 24). There are exceptions according to the Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 7:32. Secondly, God made us with sexual desires that are good, holy and legitimate but must only be satisfied in marriage. This will also check the sinful life of adultery or fornication (1Corinthians 7:12). Thirdly, to obey the command of God, which is to be fruitful, multiply, propagate the human race and replenish the earth through child bearing/rearing in the fear of God (Genesis 1:28; 9:1; Proverbs 22:6). Fourthly, two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour (Eccles. 4:9-11). Lastly, it takes two (a man and a woman) to make "one flesh" (Genesis 2:24).
MARRIAGE IS FOR ADULTS
Anyone who wants to marry must be matured physically and should have attained the age of accountability. Financially, the intending couple, especially the man, should be strong enough to provide for a household (1Timothy 5:cool. They should also be mentally and emotionally balanced (Titus 1:cool. Marriage requires a separation from parents (Mark 10:6-9). It carries a lot of responsibilities that childish minded persons cannot bear (1Samuel 25:18-25). A good Christian marriage also requires the consent and blessing of parents of both parties (Genesis 24:50-51, 59-60).
CONCLUSION:
Marriage is a holy institution and God is the author. He has set the ideals in the Bible. Anyone who fails to apply these will surely have problems with their homes. Let us pray for the success of all Christian marriages worldwide.
QUESTIONS
1. Give reasons for marriage?
2. Who is qualified to marry?
MAY GOD GRANT US FRUITFUL AND BLESSED MARRIAGE IN JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY NAME AMEN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by paxonel(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2017
4reala:
That's not what d Bible teaches.
So, the Bible teaches that the man should pay bride price first before he is regarded as husband?
Where in the Bible?
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by 4reala(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2017
paxonel:

So, the Bible teaches that the man should pay bride price first before he is regarded as husband?
Where in the Bible?
I will give u about 5 cases in d bible where bride price was discussed.
1) In the case of Jacob and Racheal
Genesis 29:16-28
Now Laban had two daughters; the name of the older was Leah, and the name of the younger was Rachel. And Leah's eyes were weak, but Rachel was beautiful of form and face. Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, "I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel."
read more.
Laban said, "It is better that I give her to you than to give her to another man; stay with me." So Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days because of his love for her. Then Jacob said to Laban, "Give me my wife, for my time is completed, that I may go in to her." Laban gathered all the men of the place and made a feast. Now in the evening he took his daughter Leah, and brought her to him; and Jacob went in to her. Laban also gave his maid Zilpah to his daughter Leah as a maid. So it came about in the morning that, behold, it was Leah! And he said to Laban, "What is this you have done to me? Was it not for Rachel that I served with you? Why then have you deceived me?" But Laban said, "It is not the practice in our place to marry off the younger before the firstborn. "Complete the week of this one, and we will give you the other also for the service which you shall serve with me for another seven years." Jacob did so and completed her week, and he gave him his daughter Rachel as his wife.
(2) In the case of Isaac and Rebecca
Genesis 24:53
The servant brought out articles of silver and articles of gold, and garments, and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave precious things to her brother and to her mother.
(3) In the case of Shechem and Dinah
The servant brought out articles of silver and articles of gold, and garments, and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave precious things to her brother and to her mother.
(4) I the case of David and Michal
2 Samuel 3:14
So David sent messengers to Ish-bosheth, Saul's son, saying, "Give me my wife Michal, to whom I was betrothed for a hundred foreskins of the Philistines."
(5) In the,case of Moses passing God's commandment to the children of God(Isrealites)
Exodus 22:16-17
"If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged, and lies with her, he must pay a dowry for her to be his wife. "If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the dowry for virgins.
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by paxonel(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2017
4reala:
I will give u about 5 cases in d bible where bride price was discussed.
1) In the case of Jacob and Racheal
Genesis 29:16-28
Now Laban had two daughters; the name of the older was Leah, and the name of the younger was Rachel. And Leah's eyes were weak, but Rachel was beautiful of form and face. Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, "I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel."
read more.
Laban said, "It is better that I give her to you than to give her to another man; stay with me." So Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days because of his love for her. Then Jacob said to Laban, "Give me my wife, for my time is completed, that I may go in to her." Laban gathered all the men of the place and made a feast. Now in the evening he took his daughter Leah, and brought her to him; and Jacob went in to her. Laban also gave his maid Zilpah to his daughter Leah as a maid. So it came about in the morning that, behold, it was Leah! And he said to Laban, "What is this you have done to me? Was it not for Rachel that I served with you? Why then have you deceived me?" But Laban said, "It is not the practice in our place to marry off the younger before the firstborn. "Complete the week of this one, and we will give you the other also for the service which you shall serve with me for another seven years." Jacob did so and completed her week, and he gave him his daughter Rachel as his wife.
(2) In the case of Isaac and Rebecca
(3) In the case of Shechem and Dinah
(4) I the case of David and Michal
2 Samuel 3:14
So David sent messengers to Ish-bosheth, Saul's son, saying, "Give me my wife Michal, to whom I was betrothed for a hundred foreskins of the Philistines."
(5) In the,case of Moses passing God's commandment to the children of God(Isrealites)
Exodus 22:16-17
"If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged, and lies with her, he must pay a dowry for her to be his wife. "If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the dowry for virgins.
Ok,
I have seen it,
But these are stories of what have happened in the past under the old covenant. Do they really still apply in this modern day where there is now knowledge and understanding?
why will a parent demand bride price from a man who want to marry their daughter in the first place, what are they going to do with the list of items? just to eat them up?
How about the new couple? Are these parents interested if they love each other to stay together or they just want the bride price to fulfill tradition?
I think where the man is poor such that he cannot afford to pay the price and the girl love him enough to start a family with him,the parent should give them the approval without any further delay of the man going to source for the money by all means
What do you think?
Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by prettyangel10(f): 12:23pm On May 15, 2017
barrysome001:

Any topic that has to do with marriage, relationship and stuffs like that ( reality experiences) are always interesting in the Sunday School.

Thanks @ Op for sharing, I lost my Sunday school manual and I told the Sunday School Principal to help get one, but he has been dragging body since, now i can refer to online Sunday School Manual. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sunday, 14th May, 2017 by paxonel(m): 3:57pm On May 17, 2017
Op, do you realize that times have change,that we are not in the era of old testament anymore?
Jesus says the least person in Gods kingdom is greater than all the prophets of the old testament?
Sunday school will never consider to understand what Jesus meant by that , they are teaching o.
They are teaching Nigerians principles that are outdated and not applicable to reality thereby making Nigerians to be dumb.
Na God go judge o grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instant Healing From Jesus - Prophet Olaye George / Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? / Merry Christmas Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.