Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead (21851 Views)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Legitimate Online Jobs In Nigeria / How Civil Servants In Nigeria Are Graded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Kjking(m): 5:24pm On May 14, 2017
God help me
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by CookieBrown: 5:25pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:
Good day hustlers. It is true that a friend who advices about the relevance of time is really a true friend. Please forget about this country and think outside the box. This Nigeria is nothing without its people, the people are greater and what makes up the country. If you are not recognized by her I believe you have the right to run solo hustle. One day, the same Nigeria will crave to recognize you after your personal success. I have stopped living in dreams about Nigeria taking me there and am proud my effort has given me what no Nigerian can offer. I pray for you all and we will succeed.

I was shocked when I first saw a job advert in Lagos via Monster online, the requirements were unbelievable, in fact, it was almost like the HR individual was asking for a bribe to give potential job seekers an interview. How huge companies like KPMG, Shell e.t.c can leave their hiring process in the hands of Nigerians is dumbfounding. If they hired their own HR people from their countries to take over the process, I'm so sure honest and hard working Nigerians will get hired instead of all those half-baked semi-literates.

I feel your pain and understand but I assure you, keep your head up, do the right thing and you will succeed, whether above 30 or 40 or even if you decide to travel overseas. Nigeria is a mess, I mean, a huge mess due to its citizens but all hope is not lost. You will succeed.

6 Likes

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by malvingay(m): 5:28pm On May 14, 2017
We are all FUKDDD
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 14, 2017
You needn't even wait till you are 30 before you decide to help your self. Look around you. There are many instances where demand for a service surpasses supply. Take the initiative and provide supply for that good, service or skill.

Evidently, the job opportunities are affected by nepotism, man-know-man and money/sexual gratification in exchange for the jobs. According to the OP, at a period in your life (which he sets at 30), you need to wake up and take matters into your own hands, instead of waiting endlessly and idly. Personally, you don't even need to wait till 30.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by ikorodureporta: 5:29pm On May 14, 2017
Back then we dey find ssce internship, we no see. These days, with yr msc, nothing for u. Na nd & ssce holders dem need.... When u pass 30 with no good job, na for u to re-write waec & deduct 10yrs+ from your age, & start all over

4 Likes

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 5:35pm On May 14, 2017
obojememe:
u said it all bro...
even someone earning 500k/mnth is still suffering buh smiling

Don't share your view.

He is an idiot, he who earns 500k/mth and still complains!

3 Likes

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 5:38pm On May 14, 2017
Akalia:
OP next time reason well before making unrealistic assertion. Job placement in Nigeria is on the basis of three major factors and they are : (1) Nepotism (2) Grace of GOD (3) Qualification/ Experience. Age factor stands no chance to qualify as a criterion for job placement in my beloved country-Nigeria.

You're so so wrong!
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 5:39pm On May 14, 2017
Benekruku:
Bitter truth!

You re a done deal after 30years except you re connected!

Scratch "connected" and input "experienced". Now, that's better.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by nobleblood: 5:39pm On May 14, 2017
The way we learn in this country is primitive in many ways.(not primitive in a derogative sense) I think its almost like the way animals are trained.

If you associate hitting plates on the floor with food, with time every time one hits the plate on the floor, the dog will come running irrespective of weather their is food or not.

Even if you tell the whole Nigerian youth that government can not take care of their job need, they will still keep trooping. Why? Well like that dog, Schooling from the beginning has been associated with food(good life not knowledge)

So like the way the dog keep sniffing master relentlessly, in a hope that something will give is the way we keep sniffing the government in hope that something will give.

#my social thought#

2 Likes

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by lastmessenger: 5:39pm On May 14, 2017
I don't agree with you op.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by stingged(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2017
In the first place there are no jobs. And if there are. Only our grandfathers can ocuppy such positions and even if there are vacancies you won't be surprised that a 40 - 50 yrs old would be selected instead of a young man in his 30s.

Long has been the time someone stops looking at the Nigerian polity as an avenue for jobs. These days, it's best to save your last earnings and render a service with it to make more returns for you in the long run.

I admit it will not be smooth sailing at the beginning that is why you should not foolishly do it alone. I mean call others to join your business and state how you share proceeds and together you and your partners(s) should invest in your business or ideas and employ others.

I promise with time you will enjoy the fruit of your labor.

That's how one young graduate who is a journalist decided to established his online news medium www.stingged.com. All though he is not making millions he believes in his dreams. He hired me to be writing for him. And am enjoying my job because he has given me and others a platform to express our professiona and skills and I'm very happy. That's why I put my best effort to always write for www.stingged.com

Success to all you entrepreneurs and futuristic entrepreneurs.

Success to all your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Akeem1759(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2017
If care is not taken ehn, Nigeria can ambush someone's ambition.. OP me I'm even confused right now, business idea flowing but no capital, even the abroad self, I no even know where to go.. I'm tired biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 14, 2017
handsomeclouds:
[s][/s]
Jobs in Nigeria are for the connected and for the long-legged people not necessarily those under 30.
not joust Jobs in the startup and business scene too... connection is relative tho. The attached is from Hotels.ng CEO.

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Akalia(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2017
4C2215131:

You're so so wrong!
and you are pointless and without a mind of your own.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by rottable(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

His point is, if you are 30 you should stop hustling for jobs and put your efforts into personal business ventures. This is without prejudice to connection. Leave the job race for fresh graduates in the usually requested age group which most times we read in job adverts as 24 years max and in few occasions 26 years old max.

It is actualy a wise thing if a young person can establish some venture on his/her own and grow it. A lot of people claim that their job hunting is to get salary and start up capital for business. A lot of them are however caught up in the rat race and get hooked to the 30 days make one income syndrome. They are scared, too tired, or too unmotivated to leave and start up the business they had in mind. The challenges of Nigeria also discourage a lot of people, especially when they see other start ups fail.

Run your own mile, achieve greatness. If we keep relying ONLY on the Government and it's creation of a conducive environment for businesses and hence jobs, we will wait for a long time and waste our youth. I don't even think we should wait till 30. If you are 24 and you have an idea and the opportunity, start up something. Even if you are working try other income streams.

Thanks boss, am Inspired by your comment
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:
Good day hustlers. It is true that a friend who advices about the relevance of time is really a true friend. Please forget about this country and think outside the box. This Nigeria is nothing without its people, the people are greater and what makes up the country. If you are not recognized by her I believe you have the right to run solo hustle. One day, the same Nigeria will crave to recognize you after your personal success. I have stopped living in dreams about Nigeria taking me there and am proud my effort has given me what no Nigerian can offer. I pray for you all and we will succeed.
how do we move on now
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Benekruku(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2017
4C2215131:

Scratch "connected" and input "experienced". Now, that's better.

Except you re ready to come low!

Very few buy experience now, not even Telco's and banking. They will only deal with you if you re very cheap.

Experience and connection works after 30years. Competence and experience has little or no relevance at that point
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by technicallyrich(m): 5:49pm On May 14, 2017
I have a friend who is a graduate after seeking for job for long he bought a car and used it for taxi.he told me he makes Atleast 5k daily and he works morning and evenings and take the afternoon for rest.
One thing wrong with gradutes is pride,just like me I will fell so ashamed to be a cap man.but if you can start little especially with daily income please do and forget about the stigma afterall nobody will feed you and you are not stealing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 5:55pm On May 14, 2017
Benekruku:

Except you re ready to come low!

Very few buy experience now, not even Telco's and banking. They will only deal with you if you re very cheap.

Experience and connection works after 30years. Competence and experience has little or no relevance at that point

Still beg to differ.

Companies that know their worth here in Nigeria hire experienced hands who are above thirty (not talking about government parastatals and stuff). Even seen many job adverts where it was specifically stated that experience may be considered over qualifications (and these were good firms too so not some low paying job). I shit you not.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 5:56pm On May 14, 2017
Akalia:
and you are pointless and without a mind of your own.

It's allowed.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by obojememe: 5:58pm On May 14, 2017
4C2215131:

Don't share your view.

He is an idiot, he who earns 500k/mth and still complains!
he might not complain and might not b lacking buh if he is still in this country he is stil missing some basic amenities
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 6:00pm On May 14, 2017
obojememe:
he might not complain and might not b lacking buh if he is still in this country he is stil missing some basic amenities

You're on point with regards to that.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by thunderbabs: 6:01pm On May 14, 2017
Is this a country or a glorified village.

Even those within the employable age range are still at high risk...if they dont get jobs btw 3-5yrs, shey dey no enter gbege too be dat

Like dt, like dt, like dt.....like dt....
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by mamatwiny(f): 6:05pm On May 14, 2017
4C2215131:

Still beg to differ.

Companies that know their worth here in Nigeria hire experienced hands who are above thirty (not talking about government parastatals and stuff). Even seen many job adverts where it was specifically stated that experience may be considered over qualifications (and these were good firms too so not some low paying job). I shit you not.

You are right.
Oh should modify to entry level jobs....
30 years is even high. If u are 29, chances are slim.
28 seems to be the max cut off age.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Gaddaffi121(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2017
easzypeaszy:
Tnx OP u try..av bin tinkin abt same tin bt here is what i did...

Am in my late 20s(29) bt wt B.Sc so I decided n wrote d just concluded Waec n cut 3yrs from my age...pls guys do u tink it cn wrk fr me as I apply fr job as 26..tnx
U cant be a graduate sir. sorry ur level of reasoning is too shallow. How can u graduate and then present an ssce certificate ur bsc certificate is older than??

3 Likes

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 4C2215131: 6:07pm On May 14, 2017
mamatwiny:

You are right.
Oh should modify to entry level jobs....
30 years is even high. If u are 29, chances are slim.
28 seems to be the max cut off age.

Word!
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by easzypeaszy(m): 6:23pm On May 14, 2017
Gaddaffi121:
U cant be a graduate sir. sorry ur level of reasoning is too shallow. How can u graduate and then present an ssce certificate ur bsc certificate is older than??
hmmmm so wt dis I kw is possible to use it...guess I wl b d first cuz ppl wt shallow opolo cnt gt it
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 14, 2017
I love this thread,boys dey spit their mind.Well as for me,what I did is to just start small with a small paying job.Now I have some good savings I use to invest,and also hoping to move up the ladder by changing job.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by goingape1: 6:28pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:
and joblessness is for adult as for robbery and corruption is for the grown up men undecided

you have a fvcked up mentality
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 14, 2017
goingape1:
and joblessness is for adult as for robbery and corruption is for the grown up men undecided

you have a fvcked up mentality

What the heck are you talking about? Seems like you took too much alomo.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pay Package For Stanbic Bank / The Lagos State Government Has Started Online Registration Of Jobless People / Nigeria Immigration Service In Another Illegal Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.