Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? (6135 Views)

Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? / The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ / Do You Want To Experience The Perfect Life In Christ? Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 14, 2017
You are human... U are prone to sin... So even the idea of a perfect life can only be achieved by living a sin-free life which is almost impossible because we sin everyday... So yes it is possible but being sin is what hinders us
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by lonelydora: 8:16am On May 14, 2017
afroniger:
Nonsense. How can you talk of having a 'perfect' life in an imperfect world? Even the Bible you people are citing sef is an imperfect, disjointed, inconsistent, confusing, compendium of texts. Lubbish.

This is why I have been calling on Seun to censor Christian topics like he did to Muslim topics
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Nobody: 8:21am On May 14, 2017
afroniger:
Nonsense. How can you talk of having a 'perfect' life in an imperfect world? Even the Bible you people are citing sef is an imperfect, disjointed, inconsistent, confusing, compendium of texts. Lubbish.
Brother...
It is not in the reading... Before u pick up a bible ... U should have faith... Believe that God is your source and Jesus Christ is His son....
Not everything is black and white as u would want to believe... Because it is easier to believe ....
The Bible isn't disjointed... It takes wisdom and spiritually assisted insight to understand the bible... It isn't just another dean koontz novel...

So u do not understand what it entails to be a Christian... The shaded grey areas between black and white is where spirituality lays....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Chuksemi(m): 8:22am On May 14, 2017
I live a perfect life

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by olujastro: 8:46am On May 14, 2017
afroniger:

So says a brainwashed religious fanatic. You people should learn to use your thinking faculty every once in a while. Most of what is in that bible you people are worshipping can't even be proved without 'faith'. For all you know they are fantastically concocted fables and legends which you have been conditioned to accept on mere 'faith'. Anyway, na una sabi.
Until atheists can tell me who created everything they see around us: the earth, sky, seas, land, clouds, rain, thunder, etc. Then they can have my ears. Afterall, the things around them, from their houses, chairs, tables were all created by someone, they didn't "evolve".
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by afroniger: 8:46am On May 14, 2017
krispycash:

Brother...
It is not in the reading... Before u pick up a bible ... U should have faith... Believe that God is your source and Jesus Christ is His son....
Not everything is black and white as u would want to believe... Because it is easier to believe ....
The Bible isn't disjointed... It takes wisdom and spiritually assisted insight to understand the bible... It isn't just another dean koontz novel...

So u do not understand what it entails to be a Christian... The shaded grey areas between black and white is where spirituality lays....

I am not a Christian, and last time I checked that isn't a crime, and I am certainly not the only one that falls in that category. I only believe what I can prove. I have proved to my satisfaction that man was most likely created by some being somewhere at some point, could be a a he or she, I don't know, these creator(s) could be more than one, I don't know. But one thing is clear, and that is that man is a free moral agent. His creators have hidden themselves from man for reasons best known to them (else we would not have had to depend on countless religious texts from countless religious men from different religions trying to tell us their own version of who our creator is, if he wants to really show himself he wouldn't need confused men writing confusing texts to do so), and they have man to his own devices. On top of that man has been equipped with all he needs to make his own decisions in life. Kapish!

Cc: walls01

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Nobody: 8:52am On May 14, 2017
afroniger:

I am not a Christian, and last time I checked that isn't a crime, and I am certainly not the only one that falls in that category. I only believe what I can prove. I have proved to my satisfaction that man was most likely created by some being somewhere at some point, could be a a he or she, I don't know, these creator(s) could be more than one, I don't know. But one thing is clear, and that is that man is a free moral agent. His creators have hidden themselves from man (else we would not have had to depend on countless religious texts from countless religious men trying to tell us their own version of who our creator is, if he wants to really show himself he wouldn't need confused men writing confusing texts to do so), and left them to their own devices. On top of that man has been equipped with all he needs to make his own decisions in life. Kapish!

Lol... Zeus and the titanz
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by concept65: 8:56am On May 14, 2017
what would be the point then?
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by justmenoni: 9:20am On May 14, 2017
Yes...: ETHICS

Do the right thing at the right time.

Don't get into competition with others

The only person to impress is YOURSELF

If you ain't a homeowner, kindly make sure your rent is number one priority.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by uvalued(m): 9:48am On May 14, 2017
Dotwillis1:
my brother for this Nigeria, it ain't possible..and that's frankly speaking.

..takes only the grace of God

becos we are conscienscious of our flesh and soulish ish than the spirit ish such as the power the raised Christ from the dead is resident in your spirit and have rejected and made speaking in tongues nothing or riducled which is the means of revealing manifesting the resident power to the soul to the body..some sons of God will have their tears wiped on the last day becos they missed out on the demonstration of the power that raised Christ from the dead...eod
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Babysho(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2017
cold:
An imperfect god cannot create perfect beings

That's COLD. How is he imperfect?
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by ElsonMorali: 10:16am On May 14, 2017
What do you mean by "perfect life"?
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by cold(m): 10:28am On May 14, 2017
Babysho:

That's COLD. How is he imperfect?
...'God regretted that he had made men on earth, and his heart was saddened'. Genesis 6:6
So god makes mistakes after all...sigh
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by joinnow: 11:06am On May 14, 2017
We are all imperfect now cry
So we can not attain perfection or live aperfect life now.
But in Paradise to come it's possible when Jesus Christ will have rule for a thousand years and hand over his rulership to God.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Donvilo(m): 11:24am On May 14, 2017
Yes, it is possible to live a perfect life here on this planet earth, but it can only be possible by being empowered by the Holy Spirit, coupled with your own determination, can such thing come to past. Without the assistance of the spirit of God, you can not be able to do it on your own. It has to be Christ's own way, not yours. Remember, the FLESH is actually your own interest while the SPIRIT is God's own interest.

Flesh = Self
Spirit = Jesus(God)

Read the whole of Romans chapter 8 and you will get the true picture of what a perfect life is meant to be like
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by 2016v2017: 11:33am On May 14, 2017
PROPHETmichael:
By all means!

In fact, that is the whole purpose of all the principles, precepts, promises, statutes and commandments in God's Word.

All of it is directed towards the noble of purpose of making your life perfect.

As it is written,

"The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138 :8 ).

Indeed, the Lord your God desires to make every arena of your life perfect.

But the way He makes perfect your exterior circumstances is by first making perfect your interior consciousness.

That is because circumstances are the children of consciousness.

Wherefore, perfect circumstances are the mere reflection of a perfect consciousness.

To the degree that you become perfect on the inside, your life will become perfect on the outside.

That is why the Lord Jesus said,

"Be ye therefore perfect" (Matthew 5:48).

As you read and apply the teachings of God's Word to your everyday life, your interior soul will move towards perfection.

And as your interior soul moves more and more towards perfection, the outer circumstances of your life will keep pace by also moving more and more towards perfection.

And the more perfect your life is, the happier in life you will be.

How ginormous is that?

That Bible life!
..........................................................................................................

"Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace" (Psalm 37:7).
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by 2016v2017: 11:34am On May 14, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

You are right because it takes the grace of God because there is always a conflict in this earthly life between the flesh and the Spirit:

That's why the apostle admonished, "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law." (Gal 5:16-18)
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Donvilo(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2017
cold:

...'God regretted that he had made men on earth, and his heart was saddened'. Genesis 6:6
So god makes mistakes after all...sigh

The problem didn't come from God, bro. Never has & never will. The real problem came from us, right from the beginning of creation. We are the ones who are mis-interpreting & mis-quoting Him just as you are mis-interpreting & mis-quoting Him right now.......
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by veneza(f): 1:36pm On May 14, 2017
lonelydora:
It is possible but not easy

Very possible and easy to live a perfect,God is perfect , Christ is perfect and also I my self is perfect.
with genuine repentance of heart and the word of God ruling us we can be perfected.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by EmmanuelCena(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2017
afroniger:

One bottle of origin for you!!!
They claim the truth will set them free, but the moment you ttell them the truth about christianity, they say you're of the devil!

Many Christians don't have a single idea about the history of Christianity and how the bible came to place.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by cold(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2017
Donvilo:

The problem didn't come from God, bro. Never has & never will. The real problem came from us, right from the beginning of creation. We are the ones who are mis-interpreting & mis-quoting Him just as you are mis-interpreting & mis-quoting Him right now.......
Yeah keep defending god, since he can't do it himself

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Omonigeriarere: 3:50pm On May 14, 2017
PROPHETmichael:
By all means!

In fact, that is the whole purpose of all the principles, precepts, promises, statutes and commandments in God's Word.

All of it is directed towards the noble of purpose of making your life perfect.

As it is written,

"The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138 :8 ).

Indeed, the Lord your God desires to make every arena of your life perfect.

But the way He makes perfect your exterior circumstances is by first making perfect your interior consciousness.

That is because circumstances are the children of consciousness.

Wherefore, perfect circumstances are the mere reflection of a perfect consciousness.

To the degree that you become perfect on the inside, your life will become perfect on the outside.

That is why the Lord Jesus said,

"Be ye therefore perfect" (Matthew 5:48).

As you read and apply the teachings of God's Word to your everyday life, your interior soul will move towards perfection.

And as your interior soul moves more and more towards perfection, the outer circumstances of your life will keep pace by also moving more and more towards perfection.

And the more perfect your life is, the happier in life you will be.

How ginormous is that?

That Bible life!
..........................................................................................................

"Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace" (Psalm 37:7).

Read the last verse in the book of John chapter 3. I believe you will have deeper understanding.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by Donvilo(m): 4:28pm On May 14, 2017
cold:

Yeah keep defending god, since he can't do it himself

I don't need to. All I have to do is to tell you the solemn truth & let you handle the rest for yourself.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by walls01: 8:57pm On May 14, 2017
afroniger:

I am not a Christian, and last time I checked that isn't a crime, and I am certainly not the only one that falls in that category. I only believe what I can prove. I have proved to my satisfaction that man was most likely created by some being somewhere at some point, could be a a he or she, I don't know, these creator(s) could be more than one, I don't know. But one thing is clear, and that is that man is a free moral agent. His creators have hidden themselves from man for reasons best known to them (else we would not have had to depend on countless religious texts from countless religious men from different religions trying to tell us their own version of who our creator is, if he wants to really show himself he wouldn't need confused men writing confusing texts to do so), and they have man to his own devices. On top of that man has been equipped with all he needs to make his own decisions in life. Kapish!

You need to ask your self the right questions, why all this religion. It is clear that no matter how you reason it life cannot start with a dot as the evolution theory puts it, or a non living thing giving rise to a living thing, having make this points clear there is a God, why not do research to know what is really happening in the world and why so many religions
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by afroniger: 11:19pm On May 14, 2017
walls01:

You need to ask your self the right questions, why all this religion. It is clear that no matter how you reason it life cannot start with a dot as the evolution theory puts it, or a non living thing giving rise to a living thing, having make this points clear there is a God, why not do research to know what is really happening in the world and why so many religions

Err.. Did you read my comment at all? I never said there's no god(s), nor did I even mention anything about evolution; therein lies the problem with many of people, you baselessly judge others without properly comprehending their position. I am NOT an atheist but rather hold views more akin to those of deists (look up the meaning if you don't already know it) and actually have a christian background. I just personally don't accept the bible's version/explanation and religious dictates because most of those stories can't be proved -- and this is based on independent research. You are free to accept them on 'faith', but that doesn't make you any different nor better than a muslim, buddhist, or other similar religionists who similarly derive their religious beliefs from conflicting ancient texts. The problem starts when you lots begin to form moral superiority over other religions/schools of thought or try to impose your beliefs on others when in fact you are no more than a bunch of intolerant brainwashed sheeples. To each his own abeg.
Re: Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Life? by walls01: 6:59pm On May 15, 2017
afroniger:

Err.. Did you read my comment at all? I never said there's no god(s), nor did I even mention anything about evolution; therein lies the problem with many of people, you baselessly judge others without properly comprehending their position. I am NOT an atheist but rather hold views more akin to those of deists (look up the meaning if you don't already know it) and actually have a christian background. I just personally don't accept the bible's version/explanation and religious dictates because most of those stories can't be proved -- and this is based on independent research. You are free to accept them on 'faith', but that doesn't make you any different nor better than a muslim, buddhist, or other similar religionists who similarly derive their religious beliefs from conflicting ancient texts. The problem starts when you lots begin to form moral superiority over other religions/schools of thought or try to impose your beliefs on others when in fact you are no more than a bunch of intolerant brainwashed sheeples. To each his own abeg.

Brainwashed? What are you referring to? if I believe the Bible story I am brainwashed, if you don't you are wise. Look the truth lies in the spiritual part of life where everyone knows is rank

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Of Nazareth - An Historical View / Repentance For The Church Of Christ In Nigeria / HEAVEN ON EARTH: 2015. . Prophetic Theme For Living Faith Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.