Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,939 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. (23444 Views)

Nigerian Don't Share Their Travel Plans, Share Your Stories / Air Namibia Begins Flight To Nigeria / What Is The Cost Of Travelling From Nigeria To Namibia Including Flight And Acco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Weep4myCountry: 9:54am On May 14, 2017
Greetings to all Nigerians and to all Africans that respect and love the black color. Please I am not a good writer so you can criticize my writing or English I don't care I only believe in freedom and in Africa "We Are Free In A Cage".

I am a well known niaralander but i had to open a new account for this to avoid my identity going viral. Am not preaching hate or justifying the actions of some of our brothers who committed crimes oversea and contributed to a lot of countries blacklisting Nigerians, am only saying we should be treated like humans.

My story will come with proves because I took pictures so if your thinking otherwise please don't quote me.

Meanwhile to any Nigerian living in Windhoek Namibia who passed through this hell and ended up getting into the country, their resident permit CONGRATULATIONS, I always know we never give up easily.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Weep4myCountry: 10:02am On May 14, 2017
I am writing from my phone lying down in a cold bare floor, locked up in Hosea Kakuta Airport, if there's any Namibian or anyone who works at the airport here in Namibia reading this, you can do whatever you want, I just want my people to know that am suffering here.

The wifi in this room is slow so I will only update when I can please and if they don't notice am having a phone in here
Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Weep4myCountry: 10:05am On May 14, 2017
Photos of the floor am lying down, I had to snap so the wall socket will display very well for some doubting Thomas to see that, that's the kind of wall socket they use here in Namibia

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Weep4myCountry: 10:22am On May 14, 2017
I heard so much good things about Namibia also from this forum, about the country been a tourist center and how beautiful the country is so I decided to apply for a visa and explore, also I have a Pastor friend here in Namibia that I intended seeing and staying at his place when I get here for the period of visit. That's how it all started..

I have a good job in Nigeria so I saved up some few months of my salary and allowances for this trip. I applied for my visa in Abuja and sharply it came out, although I spent a lot before it came out and also paid some extra charges to some staffs there at the embassy that said if I don't pay them I might be denied. For just my visa alone I spent over 500k because of the treats of getting from some staffs there that will always call me and tell me the have a lot to do for me to get the visa, after me submitting with valid documents and met all their requirements.

When I first paid 100k after submitting I wanted to stop paying but I said how will my 100k go just like that so became a maga that once u start paying u will keep paying till u get what u want so they took advantage of me and I kept paying but the visa came out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by justwise(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2017
Weep4myCountry:
I am writing from my phone lying down in a cold bare floor, locked up in Hosea Kakuta Airport, if there's any Namibian or anyone who works at the airport here in Namibia reading this, you can do whatever you want, I just want my people to know that am suffering here.

The wifi in this room is slow so I will only update when I can please and if they don't notice am having a phone in here

Why were you locked up?

1 Like

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by LEOSIRSIR(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2017
tell us the reason why you got locked up.

Weep4myCountry:
I heard so much good things about Namibia also from this forum, about the country been a tourist center and how beautiful the country is so I decided to apply for a visa and explore, also I have a Pastor friend here in Namibia that I intended seeing and staying at his place when I get here for the period of visit. That's how it all started..

I have a good job in Nigeria so I saved up some few months of my salary and allowances for this trip. I applied for my visa in Abuja and sharply it came out, although I spent a lot before it came out and also paid some extra charges to some staffs there at the embassy that said if I don't pay them I might be denied. For just my visa alone I spent over 500k because of the treats of getting from some staffs there that will always call me and tell me the have a lot to do for me to get the visa, after me submitting with valid documents and met all their requirements.

When I first paid 100k after submitting I wanted to stop paying but I said how will my 100k go just like that so became a maga that once u start paying u will keep paying till u get what u want so they took advantage of me and I kept paying but the visa came out.

1 Like

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Weep4myCountry: 10:56am On May 14, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
tell us the reason why you got locked up.

All my document are genuine and they scanned me and found nothing but they said I don't have a plan for coming to Namibia. I wonder what plan they need, All because i am Nigerian. Is coming to see their country and my friend not a plan ?

4 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by fohiss: 10:56am On May 14, 2017
justwise:

Why were you locked up?

be patients let him finish his story of which he will definitely include what happened and how d locked up came up ...its a gradual process ...
ACCORDING TO HIM NO ONE KNOW DAT HE HAS A FONE AND THE INTERNET IS SLOW TOO ....

13 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by onatisi(m): 11:03am On May 14, 2017
Picks a seat
Sitting and waiting patiently with my pop corn

4 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by DjAndroid: 11:13am On May 14, 2017
Following!

1 Like

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Giel: 12:10pm On May 14, 2017
following
Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 14, 2017
Weep4myCountry:

Stop listening to Nairalanders some of them are not mentally sound. If only you knew, you won't have sacrificed your future from taking the advice of an anonymous person who might be a 12 years old kid

The money you paid for the visa alone could have been used to buy land, rent a flat or start a business. You left your good job for this?, nawa.

Do your own research and learn to appreciate Nigeria, we have so much here but it's easy to sink into the thinking pattern of some online sadists

15 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 14, 2017
Weep4myCountry:

All my document are genuine and they scanned me and found nothing but they said I don't have a plan for coming to Namibia. I wonder what plan they need, All because i am Nigerian. Is coming to see their country and my friend not a plan ?

It's not because you are a Nigerian
Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Collyno82(m): 1:08pm On May 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

It's not because you are a Nigerian

dearie wats their reason if I may ask

1 Like

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 14, 2017
Collyno82:
dearie wats their reason if I may ask

He hasn't told us what really happened before implying that it's because he is a Nigerian. Some other Nigerians go there and are not harassed like that. Even people who travel to more advanced countries are not illegally detained without reason. Let him tell us the full story and you will know that there is much more involved

Even the bribe he paid to the visa officials might be one of the issues, what is the need of bribing them with such an amount if he was genuinely going for only a visit? it all depends

7 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by justwise(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2017
Weep4myCountry:

You spent over 500K for a Namibian visa that cost just under N20K?

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Mcowubaba: 1:33pm On May 14, 2017
Your story is not adding up..
No offense intended, but how can you spend up to 500K just for Namibian Visa undecided undecided.
How can you be so gullible
How can you let such blackmail and exploitation happen to you? Nah witchcraft.

I can't just rap my head around that. Do you know that 500k can pay for the Visa application (with exclusion of any medical/police report or VFS charges), for Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, USA, Brazil all together.
And you will still have a lot of CHANGE remaining undecided undecided

What exactly were going to Namibia to do, that made you so desperate undecided

What type of Visa did you apply for, what reasons have the Namibian immigration officers given you, that is making them deny you passage

Did you show good prove of accommodation?
Did you show prove of financial backing?
Did you book a Round/Return flight (necessary in cases of a Tourist/Visit Visa)
Did you convince the immigration officers at the checkpoint on the Purpose of your Visit
You need to convince/explain to them reasonably..
And as a Nigerian you probably need to have a GOOD reason for coming into the Country

Note, in most Countries, A visa doesn't guarantee you free access to enter the Country, you will most likely be subject to Immigration control officials..

It's normal, even in the West, that's why occasionally some people are turned back to their Country despite arriving at the airport of their Visa destination with a Valid Visa. IT HAPPENS.

If USA embassy gives you Visa in Nigeria, and you travel to JFK USA, on arrival you can still be denied access to the Country, the will send you back on a return flight, though it's not rampant, but it happens occasionally, sometimes the give reasons, sometimes the don't Give.

I know stereotypes happen, but a times Nigerians are the cause of their woes

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Babaelemu: 1:49pm On May 14, 2017
I'm a resident in SA and will be visiting Namibia in few months time to cool off. Namibian are more friendly than SA and Botswana. What did you do or say? It not surprising Nigerian we are very rude and not trustworthy.

4 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Deepfreezer(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2017
Following this thread.

1 Like

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 14, 2017
sad embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Itanna: 5:39pm On May 14, 2017
I was in Namibia in 2014 for tourism. Visa fee was just 13k. Duration of my stay was just for 9 days. They give u what u state on your application. Their immigration is very crazy. I was held up for close to 8 hrs. They kept asking why I chose Namibia of all Southern African countries. Y not SA? I was thoroughly searched and my visa was repeatedly scanned. Their reason was they stopped Nigerians and Ghanians from entering their country cos they come with alot of fake documents and once they are in their country, they go straight to their immigration to get their passport. Their passport is visa free to UK and other reasonable countries. Mind u I'm a female. They eventually allowed me in cos of my gender, called d hotel if I have paid and counted my BTA. That was way back in 2014 oo. I spent only 5 days in their country cos i had an emergency back home and when i was checking out, they were very glad about my honesty of returning back to my country. They even asked me when i will be coming back to their country.Imagine now that they know Nigeria is in recession and an average Nigerian is looking for an escape route.
The honest truth is d guy is locked up to be deported back to Nigeria. Namibia immigration is very tough. They don't like West Africans at all . Op, the pastor's name is Pastor Kenny of Christ embassy right?

43 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by cassidy1996(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2017
Wey thing you go African country
Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Itanna: 5:44pm On May 14, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Your story is not adding up..
No offense intended, but how can you spend up to 500K just for Namibian Visa undecided undecided.
How can you be so gullible
How can you let such blackmail and exploitation happen to you? Nah witchcraft.

I can't just rap my head around that. Do you know that 500k can pay for the Visa application (with exclusion of any medical/police report or VFS charges), for Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, USA, Brazil all together.
And you will still have a lot of CHANGE remaining undecided undecided

What exactly were going to Namibia to do, that made you so desperate undecided

What type of Visa did you apply for, what reasons have the Namibian immigration officers given you, that is making them deny you passage

Did you show good prove of accommodation?
Did you show prove of financial backing?
Did you book a Round/Return flight (necessary in cases of a Tourist/Visit Visa)
Did you convince the immigration officers at the checkpoint on the Purpose of your Visit
You need to convince/explain to them reasonably..
And as a Nigerian you probably need to have a GOOD reason for coming into the Country

Note, in most Countries, A visa doesn't guarantee you free access to enter the Country, you will most likely be subject to Immigration control officials..

It's normal, even in the West, that's why occasionally some people are turned back to their Country despite arriving at the airport of their Visa destination with a Valid Visa. IT HAPPENS.

If USA embassy gives you Visa in Nigeria, and you travel to JFK USA, on arrival you can still be denied access to the Country, the will send you back on a return flight, though it's not rampant, but it happens occasionally, sometimes the give reasons, sometimes the don't Give.

I know stereotypes happen, but a times Nigerians are the cause of their woes
I think what d guy wants to do in Namibia is not straight forward. What desperation would make u pay 500k for visa without a motive but what he's going through at d airport is real. I've had a real life experience with Namibia immigration. They are very rough.

12 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Collyno82(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

He hasn't told us what really happened before implying that it's because he is a Nigerian. Some other Nigerians go there and are not harassed like that. Even people who travel to more advanced countries are not illegally detained without reason. Let him tell us the full story and you will know that there is much more involved

Even the bribe he paid to the visa officials might be one of the issues, what is the need of bribing them with such an amount if he was genuinely going for only a visit? it all depends
u might be right. but my annoyance is ordinary Namibia of all countries harassing our citizens, E bee as it get

2 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 14, 2017
Collyno82:
u might be right. but my annoyance is ordinary Namibia of all countries harassing our citizens, E bee as it get

Lol, we don't value ourselves that's why but I still think the OP might have done something wrong, he might be planning to stay there illegally. How can someone pay N500K for a Namibian visa then what will he pay for UK or US cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Danny4show(m): 7:14pm On May 14, 2017
Collyno82:
grin Sincerely it's irritating...
Nigeria go better..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Weep4myCountry: 9:22pm On May 14, 2017
Been following up this pastor for years and during that time I also met a Namibian lady via his page and we started talking too, we got intimate without seeing each other and it actually felt real not because am seeking for this citizenship or planning to marry her for selfish reasons and leave her, I know you might be thinking that but seriously I actually felt something in there sincerely and I knew meeting her will be awesome.

Don't come here to judge me that I left my country, job, spent my money and risked my life to go and see a lady, the truth is 80% of those reading this will do the same like me, 10% will escape if their very religious and the other 10% if they are married with kids and a lot of responsibility but young promising dude like me will jump and grab it. Am not justifying my actions but I also believe its not the end of the world and I get back to feet because am really broken now.

After 1 year of talking and getting into each other, we decided to take our relationship to the next level. The lady moved from her parents house wanted to rent a room but she decided to rent a flat in our names which she sent me copies of the agreement and receipt. We both agreed that I will come over and we can leave happily there because of the same believe " Namibia is very peaceful and better than Nigerian to build a home and raise our kids". I have a good knowledge of IT and I studied Computer science she said she will introduce me to her uncle who will give me a better job but he has to see me first because when she told him about me, he said he doesn't trust Nigerians so I have to make him believe am really in love with this lady.

2 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by Dimejidude(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2017
You want to turn this thing to a Diary o.
Are you still being held?
Just continue. I dey gbadun your story sad

8 Likes

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by justwise(m): 9:42pm On May 14, 2017
Weep4myCountry:
Been following up this pastor for years and during that time I also met a Namibian lady via his page and we started talking too, we got intimate without seeing each other and it actually felt real not because am seeking for this citizenship or planning to marry her for selfish reasons and leave her, I know you might be thinking that but seriously I actually felt something in there sincerely and I knew meeting her will be awesome.

Don't come here to judge me that I left my country, job, spent my money and risked my life to go and see a lady, the truth is 80% of those reading this will do the same like me, 10% will escape if their very religious and the other 10% if they are married with kids and a lot of responsibility but young promising dude like me will jump and grab it. Am not justifying my actions but I also believe its not the end of the world and I get back to feet because am really broken now.

After 1 year of talking and getting into each other, we decided to take our relationship to the next level. The lady moved from her parents house wanted to rent a room but she decided to rent a flat in our names which she sent me copies of the agreement and receipt. We both agreed that I will come over and we can leave happily there because of the same believe " Namibia is very peaceful and better than Nigerian to build a home and raise our kids". I have a good knowledge of IT and I studied Computer science she said she will introduce me to her uncle who will give me a better job but he has to see me first because when she told him about me, he said he doesn't trust Nigerians so I have to make him believe am really in love with this lady.

So the Namibian immigration suspicion was on point then? You were planning to enter the country with visiting visa to live with a lady you met online?

That is a wrong visa and you should have done thing the right way.

The title of this thread is wrong.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by dustydee: 10:09pm On May 14, 2017
The truth is gradually coming out. From your story so far, the immigration officers are 100% right.
It is people like you and those before you that acting in like manner that makes them look at all of us with suspicion.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by abduldope(m): 12:24am On May 15, 2017
sipping chilled kunu and following thread Asss to Asss
Re: If You are A Nigerian, Don't Ever Think Of Going To Namibia, read this.. by good4all40: 1:05am On May 15, 2017
It is very apparent in the story that you were going to live with your girlfriend with the wrong visa.

How did the immigration knew about your plans If they arrested you because of this?

Did they inform you the reason for your arrest atleast you are entitled to know this according to law. Pls tell us more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Clubs In Nigeria / First Commercial Flight Lands At Bayelsa Airport / Driver’s Two Legs Broken In A Lagos Road Accident, LASTMA Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.