Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Gunmen Kill Lawyer, Policeman In Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Lawyer, Policeman In Edo (477 Views)

Vigilante Members Kill Lawyer Hours After Being Called To Bar (Photos) / Cult Leader Who Killed Policeman In Lagos, Arrested In Benue / A Conductor Fights A Policeman In Oshodi, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Lawyer, Policeman In Edo by edunwablog: 8:16pm On May 14, 2017
Gunmen suspected to be assassins have killed a Benin-based lawyer, Barrister Agbontean Eghosa Odiase and a policeman, Sergeant Sunday Agbonmwenma at Avbiama community in Ikpoba-Okha local government area.

Odiase was killed at his residence in the presence of his wife and children while Sergeant Sunday was killed while on his way home.

Witnesses said the gunmen killed the policeman after they had killed the lawyer.

Wife of the late lawyer said the gunmen invaded their residence at about 10pm last week.
She said the killers only took her late husband’s phone.
According to her, “We heard a bang inside the compound. My husband jumped up from the bed, we peeped through the window, we saw a boy half naked with a scar on his head. My husband started making calls.
“Before we knew it, they shot and broke through the window and were inside with us. They told my husband to shout or call anybody he wanted to call as they were ready for him that night. I quickly took my three children to the other room while the eldest child ran back to meet his father with the three gunmen.
“Then, I heard two gun shots and everywhere was silent. Thereafter, they said to themselves, let us go the man is dead”.
Owner of the firm where late Odiase worked, Barrister Chris Agbonwanegbe urged security agencies to be discreet in their investigation into the killings.
Wife of the late policeman, Rosemary, said she was expecting her husband at home but he never came home.
Her words, “My husband called me in the afternoon to inform me that he would not travel again and he was preparing to return to the house.“About 8pm I called my husband because he does not come home late. He said the mechanic was still working on his car and that he has bought a torch for him to work with.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/05/gunmen-kill-lawyer-policeman-in-edo.html

Re: Gunmen Kill Lawyer, Policeman In Edo by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 14, 2017
Law is a dangerous profession, especially in Nigeria

It's either you take d bribe or DIE!!!
Re: Gunmen Kill Lawyer, Policeman In Edo by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 14, 2017
Edo again

(1) (Reply)

A Stepfather Did This To His Stepson For Buying Him Bread Instead Of Cigarette / FULL VIDEO: Police And Navy Clash In Calabar / I Took To Crime When My Father Disowned Me - Notorious Kidnapper, Evans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.