Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Food For Thought :poor State Of Oau Toilets And Possible Solutions - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For Thought :poor State Of Oau Toilets And Possible Solutions (411 Views)

Nigerian Youths; Here's A Food For Thought For You / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 3, Day 13 "Food For Thought" Pix Inside / Food For Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food For Thought :poor State Of Oau Toilets And Possible Solutions by owolabi16: 1:05pm On May 15, 2017
Owolabigieon..com

Back as oau aspirants,we've all being hearing from many of our seniors about the poor state and condition of the school,s toilet on various social media mostly on WhatsApp ,nevertheless we were excited and anxious about resumption and as at April 30 2016 ,students from various part of the country stormed into the school for the beginning of a new semester and this was emphasised  by the heavy traffic where personally i spent close to an hour just from the school gate to the sub ground ,and another additional 3o minutes to my hall(Angola)the bedrock of oau militancy of which i proudly reside .
The day,s stress was yet to end as we had to cue to pay our student union fee of six hundred naira !!! Before we were let into the hostel ,this i judge as unfair because not all paid this due and were allowed to enter without obstruction.

Back to school,s toilet, personally, because of the disruptive news have heard about the state of toilets i did not use the convenience for about 3 days .when at last i could no longer cheat nature, i was compelled to make use of my block,s toilet(k7).

On entering into the toilet i was welcomed by the strong smell of urine ,with the floor wet with unclean water .now this was nothing compared to the toilet sink(wc) where about 4 out of 5 were filled with  faeces with flies having a nice time buzzing round them.
The flushers were also not functioning and neither was there water supply. I wasted no time in easing myself, flushing and getting the hell out. I concluded that the school had not being trying enough
About the state of the school,s toilet.

But i also noticed as weeks rolled by ,that the maintenance of a neat and hygienic toilet is a work to be done by both the school and the students.
Faeces did not just appear from thin air into the toilet sink, someone had to be unhygienic and naughty enough to use the convenience without flushing .
Students should endeavour to flush the toilet properly after usage and the school management should also do a yearly renovation of the hostel toilets most especially those assigned to fresher's as we all know the popular saying "first impression lasts "
By owolabi gideon to view more of my poems and articles click om the link abovehttp://owolabigieon..com.ng/2017/05/ode-to-friend-bankole.html

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Becomes First Nigerian To Receive The Mary Mccarthy Award / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today / I Gave Birth To This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.