Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land (2305 Views)

Lady Burns Her Wedding Dress As She Leaves Her Marriage In Style (photos) / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by ariwokan: 1:11pm On May 15, 2017
Hello House,

I am deeply lost in thought and I am concerned about the cost of organising a traditional marriage in Igbo land. I am from the Middle Belt part of the country and I do not understand how things are done over there (my partner too does not have any idea)

Someone should kindly put me through the things that are require to organise such event. What to buy, how to start the processing (i am lost mehn).........

I am completely lost. I just need you guys should help me with ideas.

Although, I have up to 450k that I am ready to spend for this event.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by dingbang(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2017
Add another zero to that amount bro... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by megareal: 1:20pm On May 15, 2017
450k? According to my Igbo people, you never start be that o. I understand their marriages are expensive.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by sseunth(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2017
Is the lady igbo or u jst based in igboland?

Plus 450k na wash for igbo wedding....u go need up to 2m to 3m if na igbo lady u wan marry
Re: Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by JideAmuGiaka: 1:30pm On May 15, 2017
Marriage in Igbo land has no fixed price. If you go there and do like a wealthy man, they will chop you well but if you pretend that you don't have enough money, they will manage what you have.
Take note, your potential inlaws will depend on your wife to know your financial strength, that is to say that the lady has a BIG role to play. She will be the one almost complaining to her people that you don't have much plus economic recession. For her to achieve this means that you hv to sit her down and talk sense into her. Meet her parents and open up to them that you don't have much you may not be telling the truth here but that's the way to go. The worst mistake you will make is to appear like a wealthy man to them. This is the method I used and worked perfectly for me.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by JideAmuGiaka: 1:31pm On May 15, 2017
sseunth:
Is the lady igbo or u jst based in igboland?

Plus 450k na wash for igbo wedding....u go need up to 2m to 3m if na igbo lady u wan marry

It is a big lie.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Marriage In Igbo Land by Flatties: 1:47pm On May 15, 2017
It depends on the kinda wife..
Beautiful or ugly
Tall or short
Dark skinned or light
Educated or uneducated
University graduate or sec school
From rich, average or poor family.
Employed or unemployed
Above 30 or below

All these are factors that affect Igbo bride price

(1) (Reply)

New/used Usa Items For Sale / Help My Mom Always Talks About Death / Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.