Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos (2283 Views)

10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Suffered Domestic Violence (photos) / Nollywood Actresses Whose Marriages Crashed Within 24 Months / Tonto Dikeh Shares Domestic Violence Photos, "Roseline Meurer Sleeps With Hubby" (2) (3) (4)

List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by apeiron24(m): 8:03pm On May 15, 2017
Victims of Domestic violence in Nigeria are beginning to find their voice and fight for justice.

In the wake of the incessant domestic violence plaguing marriages and relationships in Nigeria, celebrities are not left behind.

Here are some Nigerian actresses and entertainers whose marriage crashed after they suffered physical abuse in the hands of their spouses.

Mercy Aigbe
With her husband now remanded in Kirikiri Prison on a three-count charge of domestic violence, assault, and threat to life, pending the outcome of a trial which commenced during the week, Mercy Aigbe might just have positioned herself as the poster girl for justice among celebrity victims of domestic violence.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-4m_8hgLZtOc/Vvqq_9foRNI/AAAAAAABFlY/XjTdBWQ0qKYD6jdGM59iWGIYSt4meAKRw/s1600/mercy%2Baigbe%2Byoruba%2Bhusband.jpg[/img]
According to information, Lanre Gentry was granted bail in the sum of N500, 000 with two sureties in the like sum. The couple have been married for seven years and the union produced a son.

2. Tonto Dikeh

In a no-holds-barred interview, controversial actress, Tonto Dikeh, recently opened the eyes of the world to the series of physical abuse she allegedly suffered in the hands of her husband, Churchill Oladunni.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-GvcUlGxk2UM/WM3kwV1mPnI/AAAAAAAByO4/lwgWueCVN5MpVjkH9EANaF3bMLJ3ndrFwCLcB/s1600/tonto%2Bdikeh%2Breunite%2Bwith%2Bhusband.png[/img]
The mother of one revealed that her estranged husband, Churchill, really humiliated her, claiming that the Nigerian Embassy in Ghana has nude photos and videos o[/img]f her when she ran to them during one of their fights. The actress also showed photographs of injuries she allegedly sustained in the hands of her husband.

3. Chika Ike

When actress Chika Ike walked away from her marriage of five years, it was for various reasons. She was to later reveal that the deciding factor for her was a recurring incidence of physical abuse.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-2GtTisMWhDk/Vq2fIQ1ee9I/AAAAAAAA9eo/NKbn3SFvEhs/s1600/chika%2Bike%2Bwedding%2Bpicture.jpg[/img]
She said of the incidence; “It’s been really hard for me to come out straight and talk about this because sometimes, I pinch myself to wake up and not believe that I was a victim of domestic violence.

“I’ve been through a lot in my life, faced a lot of challenges but this is one topic I’ve tried so hard to avoid and have been waiting for the right time but I have come to a resolve that there’s really no right time because every second of the day, lives are being lost due to domestic violence.

“I was a victim of domestic violence in my marriage and that was the singular reason I left my marriage, aside other reasons.”

4. Georgina Onuoha

Georgina Onuoha is one vocal actress who has an opinion on almost any given topic. So it came as no surprise when she shared on Instagram the experience of a woman who claimed to have been molested, beaten and humiliated by her husband.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-VTxkLC0xYFc/WJPSxP9q60I/AAAAAAABtbY/f7yzm3A7F345USmqjkt-D0mYtzTdkrawwCLcB/s1600/georgina%2Bonuoha%2Bhusband.png[/img]
She also gave some marital advice; “I can imagine her state of mind and what she went through. I for one would have said this same prayers 6 years ago with so much hate in my heart and can count many others who will equally be saying same prayers. But grace, mercy and forgiveness surpass the pain of wickedness. I succumbed to God’s grace and strength.

“May God touch every soul going through pain, give them the grace to forgive and wish them well. Forgiveness is not for the other person, but rather for your own peace of mind and sanity. May God heal us all.”

5. Ayo Adesanya

Beautiful actress, Ayo Adesanya describes her marriage to her former husband and actor, Goriola Hassan as a loving relationship which was fun until the beatings started and got worse.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-PIR6YO6zaLg/WRk-RGIuacI/AAAAAAAB5VU/QaKuLIX9iMwHqQE4qWicLV340Lz4EDDagCLcB/s1600/ayo%2Badesanya%2Bex%2Bhusband.jpg[/img]
In an interview on Moments with MO on Ebony TV, the actress talked about her domestic violence experience.

Recounting her experience, she said that she couldn’t let go because the same man touches her lovingly, caters to her needs and calls her baby. She describes the experience as confusing.

She also urged women to watch out for men who shove them here and there.

6. Monalisa Chinda

Monalisa Chinda is also an actress and TV host who was once married to Segun Dejo Richards. She has always spoken up against domestic violence ever since. In December, 2014, she lent her voice to the campaign against domestic violence at the Pearls Conference in Abuja.

In a series of tweets, Monalisa revealed that she was once a victim of domestic violence. She also encouraged ladies to avoid abusive relationships.

“I was once a victim of domestic violence but survived and even stronger. So yes, you can. ‘I say NO to domestic violence and you should as well,” she tweeted.

7. Katherine Obiang

Actress and TV presenter, Katherine Obiang was once married to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire host, Frank Edoho. The actress recounted her ordeal during the stormy years of her marriage; “Just to dare to argue with your husband is like a challenge in your home.

The woman is challenging the man and tempers flay and then you snap, then there is a slap. He says ‘I am sorry it is a mistake’ then says ‘sorry I won’t do it again,’ then he does it again, again and again.”

[Source: http://naijagists.com/photos-mercy-aigbe-tops-list-nigerian-actresses-whose-marriage-crashed-domestic-violence/]

What do you think?

6 and 7 below.....

Cc
lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Seun

Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by Homeboiy: 8:15pm On May 15, 2017
IDGAF
ffck them all
Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by AkinPhysicist: 8:23pm On May 15, 2017
lipsrsealed

Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by apeiron24(m): 8:38pm On May 15, 2017
lmaoooo
Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by ekefre4(m): 10:05pm On May 15, 2017
I don't support domestic violence in any form. But I believe they must have done something to warrant their husbands hitting them. Sometimes these celebrities just forget they are married.

Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by londoner: 11:06pm On May 15, 2017
ekefre4:
I don't support domestic violence in any form. But I believe they must have done something to warrant their husbands hitting them. Sometimes these celebrities just forget they are married.

With this comment I can see are either already someone who has committed domestic violence or will probably do so in the future. Just remember though, the victim will not always be someone elses daughter.....smh

Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by ekefre4(m): 11:32pm On May 15, 2017
londoner:

With this comment I can see are either already someone who has committed domestic violence or will probably do so in the future. Just remember though, the victim will not always be someone elses daughter.....smh
I have never done that and will never do. I wasn't brought up that way. I was just making a point

Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by 10eola(m): 12:13am On May 16, 2017
Na OP cuz the violence grin
Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by apeiron24(m): 5:19am On May 16, 2017
10eola:
Na OP cuz the violence grin

arghhhhh
Re: List Of Nigerian Actresses Whose Marriage Crashed Over Domestic Violence- Photos by crazyABO(m): 5:20am On May 16, 2017
Na ds kind yeye research naija bloggers sabi angry

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko's Marriage Is A Miracle - Stella Dimokokorkus / Cee-c Launches Cegar In Ghana, Shares Gorgeous Photos Rocking Ghanaian's Kente / OBINWANNE ARREST: Next Up Linda Ikeji, Hush Puppi, Noble Igwe, AIT Staff - Kemi