Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. (1194 Views)

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / My Bitter Experience With Nonikings(shipping Agent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by Scout60(m): 1:03am On May 16, 2017
When you so trusted someone and the person takes you for fool.....

I met a nairalander by name David Ovye to help me advertise my fiverr gig on facebook because I don't have payoneer card. I trusted this guy because I have bought several reviews from him. This happened on 8th December, 2016. I sent him 10k from my school fees to enable me boost my fiverr earning and create secondary earning for me at school. David told me that facebook rejected his payoneer card hence we concluded on refund. Since then till march, he claimed there was curfew at lafia and that there was no money in his bank account to do a mobile transfer to my account because all his money he had was in his hand and promised me to pay into my account when the curfew is over.

On April 2017, he told me that the curfew was over and i should expect my refund soon. Later he told me of how broke he was after the curfew and how he was hustling to make money to pay me back. From then till May 2017 is one story and another. On May 4th 2017, he sent me message of how broke he was and how he lost everything to curfew. He told me of his uncle who was a navy officer and that his uncle dropped 150k with his old mother hence needed 5k to go to bauchi to collect the money from the old woman. I asked him to tell the old woman to ask anyone to help her deposit the money into his account but he claimed that the old woman can not trust anyone with the money. He sworn that if i should help him with any amount i had that tomorrow he will refund all he owed me. I thought that he meant what he saying and sent 2k to him. Till then till now, from one story to another. After much disturbance on whatsapp, he finally blocked me. What really pained me was that this man claimed that he is a married man and who knows how many people he would have duped.

How can someone be very miserably wicked like this. He thought that he had scammed me but he only ended up breaching trust one can have for another in nigeria. I still have my chats with him till dates

Now my school portal will be closing on thursday and i am yet to pay my school fees. My only hope was on that money and where on earth do this guy want to get another money to pay my school fees. My 12k just gone like that. I am just frustrated and hopeless now because of one guy and i am not be able to concentrate on my exams that will be coming soon.

The guy nairaland username are as follow:
kingmind, Dav8id, damanjohn.

His numbers are as follows:
07037781319, 09075391906

He currently claims to be agric dealer based in north precisely lafia. Just be careful with him.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by shortgun(m): 1:36am On May 16, 2017
Someone that has three monikers on this forum?
Is that not a red flag?
Sometimes I wonder what you guys learn in school these days.
He scammed you of 10k, u still sent him another 2k?
Haba! Why na.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by Scout60(m): 1:53am On May 16, 2017
shortgun:
Is that not a red flag?
Haba! Why na.

u no go understand. I use to buy review from him before the sad incident.

u need to see how he was begging for the 2k to complete his t.p money to bauchi
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by henrimoto(m): 1:56am On May 16, 2017
The same david ovye !

Guy, sorry for your loss. Just take heart, try as much as you can to take your mind off him. He is not worth your attention and concentration for now, your forth coming exams are more important.

can you imagine! 12k Naira! na so dav8id life don wor-wor reach?

Come to think of it, this is someone people once respected on Nairaland, despite his semi - illiterate posts, his rude and arrogant manners on phone and on whatsapp.

At first, when the accusations were coming in against him, it was hard for some Nairalanders to believe.

@dav8id, keep claiming "Lafia Strong Man" hand go soon touch you, E go dey you like film.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by Nobody: 6:56am On May 16, 2017
Scout60:

I met a nairalander by name David Ovye to help me advertise my fiverr gig on facebook because I don't have payoneer card. I trusted this guy because I have bought several reviews from him.

07037781319, 09075391906

He currently claims to be agric dealer based in north precisely lafia. Just be careful with him.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

shortgun is right; you should have been very careful with someone with THREE monikers.

By the way, please avoid gambling with your school fees again.

And are you sure buying Fiverr reviews is in line with their terms of service?

We can all learn some lessons from your experience: taking "shortcuts" can be expensive in the long run.

P.S. Can kingmind, Dav8id, damanjohn kindly speak up?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by lexxyrule(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2017
$725 payoneer and $72 skrill dollars available at 370/$. Please contact at signature.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by Scout60(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2017
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

shortgun is right; you should have been very careful with someone with THREE monikers.

By the way, please avoid gambling with your school fees again.

And are you sure buying Fiverr reviews is in line with their terms of service?

We can all learn some lessons from your experience: taking "shortcuts" can be expensive in the long run.

P.S. Can kingmind, Dav8id, damanjohn kindly speak up?

I learnt my lesson now

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by successgroup(m): 10:45am On May 28, 2017
Scout60:

I met a nairalander by name David Ovye to help me advertise my fiverr gig on facebook because I don't have payoneer card. I trusted this guy because I have bought several reviews from him. This happened on 8th December, 2016. I sent him 10k from my school fees to enable me boost my fiverr earning and create secondary earning for me at school. David told me that facebook rejected his payoneer card hence we concluded on refund. Since then till march, he claimed there was curfew at lafia and that there was no money in his bank account to do a mobile transfer to my account because all his money he had was in his hand and promised me to pay into my account when the curfew is over.

On April 2017, he told me that the curfew was over and i should expect my refund soon. Later he told me of how broke he was after the curfew and how he was hustling to make money to pay me back. From then till May 2017 is one story and another. On May 4th 2017, he sent me message of how broke he was and how he lost everything to curfew. He told me of his uncle who was a navy officer and that his uncle dropped 150k with his old mother hence needed 5k to go to bauchi to collect the money from the old woman. I asked him to tell the old woman to ask anyone to help her deposit the money into his account but he claimed that the old woman can not trust anyone with the money. He sworn that if i should help him with any amount i had that tomorrow he will refund all he owed me. I thought that he meant what he saying and sent 2k to him. Till then till now, from one story to another. After much disturbance on whatsapp, he finally blocked me. What really pained me was that this man claimed that he is a married man and who knows how many people he would have duped.

How can someone be very miserably wicked like this. He thought that he had scammed me but he only ended up breaching trust one can have for another in nigeria. I still have my chats with him till dates

Now my school portal will be closing on thursday and i am yet to pay my school fees. My only hope was on that money and where on earth do this guy want to get another money to pay my school fees. My 12k just gone like that. I am just frustrated and hopeless now because of one guy and i am not be able to concentrate on my exams that will be coming soon.

07037781319, 09075391906

This is bloody. Damanjohn why! From agri to betting and now to this! I knew you are up to something. I ll advise you cleared yourself from this. Your action say more about you and your various facebook scam fixed game activities.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by eezeribe(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2017
shortgun:
Is that not a red flag?
Haba! Why na.

Which course in school teaches how to avoid being scammed
Anybody can be scammed,if you can't be of any help to the victim,just pass and stop blaming the victim.
It is this 'blame the victim mentality' that makes crime seem like a norm in Nigeria.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander. by shortgun(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2017
eezeribe:

Which course in school teaches how to avoid being scammed
Anybody can be scammed,if you can't be of any help to the victim,just pass and stop blaming the victim.
It is this 'blame the victim mentality' that makes crime seem like a norm in Nigeria.
A student in the university is supposed to be smart and enlightened. A student that have access to the internet should even be smarter.
You gave money to someone to render a service, he didn't provide the service.
You still give the same person ur money the second time.......this is foolishness.

(1) (Reply)

Start Soap Making Business In 10 Minutes / Some Realistic Photoshop (pics) / Chiffon Tops Bale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.