Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow (2910 Views)

INFINIX HOT4 Lite Charging Problem / New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. / New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by anthoneg: 11:43am On May 16, 2017
can someone pls help. I got a brand new tecno w5 lite phone. unboxed it and put it on charge. to my greatest surprised it took more than 4hrs for it to charge frm 30% to 100%. I was shocked but concluded dat perhaps its because its my first time of charging and subsequent charging wont have to take dis long. To my surprise its taking upt to 6hrs to charge frm 12% to 100% with the follow come charger even with the data off. what could be the problem. anyone ever experience such b4? I will need an advise or suggestions pls.

NB: Fast charging was clearly stated in d specs
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Pismo(m): 11:47am On May 16, 2017
Experiencing the same problem too. according to peeps here on nairaland you will v to get a new fast charger.... I think d usb cord is the problem.....
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
anthoneg:
can someone pls help. I got a brand new tecno w5 lite phone. unboxed it and put it on charge. to my greatest surprised it took more than 4hrs for it to charge frm 30% to 100%. I was shocked but concluded dat perhaps its because its my first time of charging and subsequent charging wont have to take dis long. To my surprise its taking upt to 6hrs to charge frm 12% to 100% with the follow come charger even with the data off. what could be the problem. anyone ever experience such b4? I will need an advise or suggestions pls.

NB: Fast charging was clearly stated in d specs
Hello @anthoneg For how long have you used this phone? Try using another USB Cord or get another charger. Otherwise, Visit the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 2:53pm On May 16, 2017
Pismo:
Experiencing the same problem too. according to peeps here on nairaland you will v to get a new fast charger.... I think d usb cord is the problem.....
Hey @Pismo Do you use your phone while you charge it? If the problem still persists after changing the Cord; Visit the Carlcare closest to you for assistance, as it's also indicative of a hardware issue.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Pismo(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

Hey @Pismo Do you use your phone while you charge it? If the problem still persists after changing the Cord; Visit the Carlcare closest to you for assistance, as it's also indicative of a hardware issue.
I don't use it while charging
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by ecosystm(m): 4:24pm On May 16, 2017
Same problem... I bought it on Saturday.. Planning on returning it.. Since it's on 12+1 months warranty..
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by ecosystm(m): 4:24pm On May 16, 2017
Same problem... I bought it this Saturday.. Planning on returning it.. Since it's on 12+1 months warranty..
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Pismo(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2017
Someone on nairaland told me his own do charge for 2hours and some mins... From 0-100% he sed he is not using the follow come charger... I later realized is build number is different from mine... What's ya build number... ?
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by missslimzy(f): 1:59am On May 17, 2017
Yes thats the solution
Pismo:
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by omoalajah(m): 2:10am On May 17, 2017
Get a better charger with higher output charge and thank me later
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by datyorubaboy: 2:19am On May 17, 2017
Seconded. That should fix your worries
omoalajah:
Get a better charger with higher output charge and thank me later
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by princemillla(m): 3:20am On May 17, 2017
It's like techno fast charging technology is not inbuilt but on the charger. If you are not using the follow come charger, try n get a good n higher output charger. 5.3volt n 2.1 A output. It should give you the good result not forgetting you equally need original USB cable preferable blackberry follow come cable.

Good luck
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Mynd44: 7:16am On May 17, 2017
So you have to buy a phone and then go buy a charger separately? Looool.

Only from the useless brand called Tecno. Well sha, it is you people that waste money on the fake brand sha
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlCareMadam: 1:16pm On May 17, 2017
The W5lite does not have fast charging tech.
OP, what is the input/output value written on the charger?

That could be a major factor, if unsatisfied, you can get a fast charging USB like Kodak.

Depending on your location, I can recommend a carlcare service shop that will attend to you ASAP.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Pismo(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2017
CarlCareMadam:
The W5lite does not have fast charging tech.
OP, what is the input/output value written on the charger?

That could be a major factor, if unsatisfied, you can get a fast charging USB like Kodak.

Depending on your location, I can recommend a carlcare service shop that will attend to you ASAP.
I stay at ibadan... so recommend...
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlCareMadam: 2:28pm On May 17, 2017
Pismo:
I stay at ibadan... so recommend...

Have you been to..

1st Floor, Alpha and Omega Building, Queen Elizabeth Road, Mokola, Ibadan, Nigeria +234 9099093018 +234 8172005296
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by doladiran: 5:31am On May 19, 2017
peeps am having issues with my w5 lite d charging rate is very slow
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 12:10pm On May 19, 2017
ecosystm:
Same problem... I bought it this Saturday.. Planning on returning it.. Since it's on 12+1 months warranty..
Hi @ecosystm The phone's sub-board needs to be replaced. Visit the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance. You may Book a reservation using the Carlcare Application on your device [and give the information required]; Our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App Or let me know your location so that I forward one to you. Thank you!
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 12:11pm On May 19, 2017
doladiran:
peeps am having issues with my w5 lite d charging rate is very slow
Hello @doladiran Visit the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance. The phone's sub-board needs to be replaced. You may Book a reservation using the Carlcare Application on your device [and give the information required]; Our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App Or let me know your location so that I forward one to you.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by doladiran: 2:08pm On May 19, 2017
Ilorin
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Pismo(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2017
It's gonna start charging fast if they change d sub board right?... Will they charge??.. still got warranty on it ...uhn?
CarlcareOpebi:

Hello @doladiran Visit the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance. The phone's sub-board needs to be replaced. You may Book a reservation using the Carlcare Application on your device [and give the information required]; Our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App Or let me know your location so that I forward one to you.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 2:24pm On May 19, 2017
doladiran:
Ilorin
See an address below @doladiran:
ILORIN
HOTLINE: 09092961418
ADDRESS: 2ND FLOOR, OSTRICH BAKERY BUILDING 155 IBRAHIM TAIWO ROAD, ILORIN, KWARA STATE, NIGERIA.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 2:26pm On May 19, 2017
Pismo:
It's gonna start charging fast if they change d sub board right?... Will they charge??.. still got warranty on it ...uhn?
Hi @Pismo Yes. If the Engineer discovers it's faulty, it'll be changed and there'll be an improvement. No charges under warranty.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by doladiran: 8:27pm On May 19, 2017
I was unable to go there but I called that number but the person didn't pick-up.with regard d sub board how much is d replacement
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by CarlcareOpebi(f): 11:16pm On May 19, 2017
doladiran:
I was unable to go there but I called that number but the person didn't pick-up.with regard d sub board how much is d replacement
It's free your phone's under warranty. @doladiran
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Dandsome: 1:12am On May 20, 2017
Are you using the original charger
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by Freelancerx: 10:14pm On May 21, 2017
Might be an issue with the charger. Try changing the USB cord. And if it persists, then straight to Carlcare.
Re: Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow by activities33: 1:54pm On May 29, 2017
I went to sale my tecno w5 Lite just purchase last week Saturday for 34k interested person should inbox me or contact me on the following number 08168065970 or 08054888518.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? / Man Fainted Because He Recharges 3 Million Naira On His Phone Instead Of 3k / Cheap Etisalat Data Bundle For Mtn Sme Data-share Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.