Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture (35671 Views)

Artist Reveals Faces Of Ancient Roman Emperors Using Uses AI Tech & Photoshop / Man Creates Sculpture Of Ambode, Tinubu With Human Hair (Photos) / See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Arielle: 6:53pm On May 16, 2017
Nma27:
Sorry. I won't join words with u before my followers will begin to wonder why reply an obvious psychotic case. Pele

Probably been dumped by one of those chewing gum girls. Hard. Someone suggested a category in nairaland for kids. Too true. Probably raised by wolves. Unbelievable *Shudder*
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by nnokwa042(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
They once described us as primitive people who never developed anything worthwhile or worthy of appreciation.
Why are they now shamelessly copying our "worthless" artworks for display at their exhibitions?
I hate to say this but let me say it now, if ur a white that built plane invented television built submarine ,built rocket for moon,then fax machine, cars ,electric ,pls what's is mask for goodness sake bikonu? Mask ko masquerade ni angry
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by YonkijiSappo: 7:09pm On May 16, 2017
nnokwa042:
I hate to say this but let me say it now, if ur a white that built plane invented television built submarine ,built rocket for moon,then fax machine, cars ,electric ,pls what's is mask for goodness sake bikonu? Mask ko masquerade ni angry

Your reply shows you are someone with low IQ.

2 Likes

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by DLioness(f): 7:10pm On May 16, 2017
kuchikau:
let me rephrase my question: blood dey comot from ur dirty smelling toto every 28 days?
you are insulting The Creator [God] dt makes us menstrate.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by nnokwa042(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Your reply shows you are someone with low IQ.
yes like u said ,the fone ur using is either american brand or Korea or Chinese brand ,till u show me what that ur useless mask gave back to humanity then I will believe u , if u want mask there re millions in china Japan even Peru, angry
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by YonkijiSappo: 7:25pm On May 16, 2017
nnokwa042:
yes like u said ,the fone ur using is either american brand or Korea or Chinese brand ,till u show me what that ur useless mask gave back to humanity then I will believe u , if u want mask there re millions in china Japan even Peru, angry

That is not the issue here.
The issue here is WHY did he plagiarize it?
This is why some of you can't answer the most simple of questions.

If America or Europe wants to claim Modern tech, then Africans can claim Egyptian civilization and the Evolution of Human speech.

What could be greater than those?

3 Likes

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 16, 2017
Culture vultures embarassed
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by queenpheesah(f): 9:11pm On May 16, 2017
Really?? How do you know??
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by nnokwa042(m): 9:28pm On May 16, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

That is not the issue here.
The issue here is WHY did he plagiarize it?
This is why some of you can't answer the most simple of questions.

If America or Europe wants to claim Modern tech, then Africans can claim Egyptian civilization and the Evolution of Human speech.

What could be greater than those?
Egyptian civilization my ass ,am talking boarding a plane in nigeria next day u see ur self in Australia ur talking about Egypt, ve all the mask in the world let my country be like Korea or japan,eat ur mask
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by masqot(m): 9:33pm On May 16, 2017
Where is that stupid Hirst? Orunmila will punish him

1 Like

Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 9:45pm On May 16, 2017
paulsibility:
Until lions have their historians, tales of the forest will always favour the hunters.

Until we Africans rise up to document, cherish, appreciate and defend our our "things" , The Whites will always have a way of stealing our "best"
i dont think that the lions need an image doctor,historian or public relations officer because nature bore the lions witness that they are the ULTIMATE PREDATORS.when lions start talking they will loose their lion like character and might even degenerate to learning NEGOTIATION.the west have reached their elastic limit in plagiarism and turning african heritage to mythical euro centric world.the average whiteman is delusional,that is how mungo park successfully deceived himself that he discovered river niger and david livingstone also told himself that he discovered Congo.european pagans came here and changed our godly names to devilish names like martin and lucy and many fell for the scam.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2017
ibson99:
are you gay or something?
he is not gay rather he is a man with self control and a strong rational mind.being a man is different from being a male.a man have self control while a male such as a he-goat just follow sexual instincts.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=musicwriter post=56579523]Everything white people have were originally invented by black people thousands of years ago. What the west does throughout history is remodel our inventions and put their name on it. So, I' am not surprised a British man is plagiarizing and African art.

1. When Greece invaded Africa, Aristotle and Alexander the great thief looted Egyptian libraries and stole all African academic achievements and call it theirs.

2. When Rome invaded Cathage, they looted librari my instincts told me that it was the criminal Aristotle that tutored Alexander the great thief to attack and loot Egypt and from thence the world gradually turned from afro-centric world to euro-centric world.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by fashalgm(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2017
Nma27:
Stupid question! Don't even bother marrying a woman that menstruates OK...mtcheeew
hey pls give this fellow one orijin
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 10:23pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=nnokwa042 post=56588378]Egyptian civilization my ass ,am talking boarding a plane in nigeria next day u see ur self in Australia ur talking about Egypt, ve all the mask in the world let my country be like Korea or japan,eat ur mask[/quotedo you know that Egyptians had Pictures of spacecrafts in one of the pyramids.some of the spacecrafts have not been seen in our modern time.there was a nuclear plant in equatorial Guinea and the uranium was enriched far better than modern day uranium enrichment level,do you care to ask why niger republic have so much uranium.if the mask is nothing,why are the whites stealing and paying heavily for them?you must be from anambra that believes in the power of money and what they can see at the moment.i know you dont have time to research or read as you are busy pursuing money.the igbo-ukwu arts are there as a living testimony of the ingenuity of african.your fathers kept those as a reminder for prodigal sons like you but you chose to do what your fathers feared most which is to point to your fathers'house with your left hand.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by musicwriter(m): 11:22pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=engrchykae post=56589628][/quote]

Yes, that's correct. Alexander the great thief invited Aristotle to Egypt to steal books to learn as much as possible after he invaded there. It was after the looting of ancient Egyptian libraries, Sankore university in Mali, Fez University in Morocco, Cathage, that the Greeks and Rome began to learn the ''Egyptian mystery system'' which was the first form of education in the world, and it was available only to few Egyptian elites.

Below is a documentary made by themselves detailing how they looted Egyptian libraries and artifacts. I encourage you to find data and watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvk1rQj0ec

And if you or anyone need more information on how the Greeks got their knowledge there's a book on that called stolen legacy- Greek philosophy is stolen ancient Egyptian philosophy. I have it on audio book. Anyone that need it should email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2017
musicwriter:

Yes, that's correct. Alexander the great thief invited Aristotle to Egypt to steal books to learn as much as possible after he invaded there. It was after the looting of ancient Egyptian libraries, Sankore university in Mali, Fez University in Morocco, Cathage, that the Greeks and Rome began to learn the ''Egyptian mystery system'' which was the first form of education in the world, and it was available only to few Egyptian elites.

Below is a documentary made by themselves detailing how they looted Egyptian libraries and artifacts. I encourage you to find data and watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvk1rQj0ec

And if you or anyone need more information on how the Greeks got their knowledge there's a book on that called stolen legacy- Greek philosophy is stolen ancient Egyptian philosophy. I have it on audio book. Anyone that need it should email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail
i believe it was aristotle that encouraged alexnder to loot egypt
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by musicwriter(m): 6:33pm On May 18, 2017
engrchykae:
i believe it was aristotle that encouraged alexnder to loot egypt

It was Alexander the great thief (Greek army) that invaded Egypt, not Aristotle an individual.

Aristotle; like, Plato, Pythagoras, Socrates, e.t.c were just students of the ancient Egyptian mystery system, they didn't represent a government. No matter who encouraged who, bottom line is they both connived to loot the Egyptian library and claimed Egyptian philosophies as theirs.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 6:41pm On May 18, 2017
musicwriter:

It was Alexander the great thief (Greek army) that invaded Egypt, not Aristotle an individual.

Aristotle; like, Plato, Pythagoras, Socrates, e.t.c were just students of the ancient Egyptian mystery system, they didn't represent a government. No matter who encouraged who, bottom line is they both connived to loot the Egyptian library and claimed Egyptian philosophies as theirs.
my dear i am thinking how we can make a great film about this such as the film called roots,django.a season film.am already writing a book but a movie will be more effective in passing the message.my mtn number is on my signature.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by musicwriter(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2017
engrchykae:
my dear i am thinking how we can make a great film about this such as the film called roots,django.a season film.am already writing a book but a movie will be more effective in passing the message.my mtn number is on my signature.

That's exactly why I took to music to see how this message could be passed through songs and music videos. Unfortunately, this's not the type of thing our record labels and music promoters are interested in this age of azonto. I' am even surprised you're interested in such an endeavor.

Sorry, I' am not into movies, but if you're talking about presenting it as a TV programme, that I could do. However, I've already contacted a TV station and the price to keep it on air is not cheap at all. But, I' am working on some other ways.
Re: Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture by engrchykae(m): 9:08pm On May 18, 2017
[quote author=musicwriter post=56654149]

That's exactly why I took to music to see how this message could be passed through songs and music videos. Unfortunately, this's not the type of thing our record labels and music promoters are interested in this age of azonto. I' am even surprised you're interested in such an endeavor.

Sorry, I' am not into movies, but if you're talking about presenting it as a TV programme, that I could do. However, I've already contacted a TV station and the price to keep my dear this is my number 08039145178,am a writer,you are a music writer and i have a friend who is also interested in cinema.together with more bright people that will join,i believe we would do mother africa a great landmark service,a masterpiece.the greatest ever.what we are about to do will usher in the prerequisite conditions for the african gun to sound.i think destiny is calling and we must answer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Sculpting A Life Size Human Head / Meet Laetitia Ky, Ivorian Artist Who Makes Sculptures Out Of Her Hair (photos) / Building Art Work Designed By A Nigerian Young Man.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.