Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Is C# Better Than C/C++? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is C# Better Than C/C++? (16599 Views)

Is Delphi Faster Than C# / How Viable Is C++ Programming In Nigeria Job Market. / How Powerful Is C++? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is C# Better Than C/C++? by Beaf: 4:24am On Feb 13, 2010
iarm:

I think that these are Windows specific API suites with a visual studio backend. Consider ANSI/ISO-C specification compilers, like mingw -- then the beginner might choose to consider leveraging availability of OS specific libraries.

Cockyzy asked for a C# compiler, so C compilers like mingw will not be of any use.

If he wants something for mono, there's mono develop (http://monodevelop.com/) and sharp develop (http://mono.wikia.com/wiki/Using_Mono_with_SharpDevelop_3.0).

@Cockyzy
If you develop on Windows, don't stray from what I provided earlier;
Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition http://www.microsoft.com/express/Windows/
Re: Is C# Better Than C/C++? by iGuru1(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
Which computer system is suitable for C++ programing, and what should be the minimum configuration and processing speed.
Re: Is C# Better Than C/C++? by manorkirk: 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2010
iarm is right, for compiled languages. C is the mother of all, being little more than a library of compiled assembler routines. Basic is the mother of interpreted languages. I use mingw with gcc these days. If you're going to program for Windows, why fight it? Use VB -- what difference does it make if it's a trifling bit slow or makes monstrous filesizes? Memory and resources are infinite now.
Re: Is C# Better Than C/C++? by FrancNuec: 3:03am On Feb 26, 2010
Hacking,  c# is great, c++ is greater, c is greatest.
For RAD and considering productivity, c is good, c++ is better, c# is best.

However, I'll just take all that back. There's no debate on which programming lang is the greatest. Choose what you love and your brain can easily process without running MAD. grin
A typical way to make your choice is to always check out the 'Hello World' example syntax of any programming language you want to learn. If it's palatable, go ahead, but mehn, if otherwise, there are a ton of languages out there. There's no killing yourself over one. Learning QBasic alone still makes you a PROGRAMMER in all sense of it. And you could gain a lot of respect just coding in qb or Javascript, whichever.

In fact, there are exactly no 'big boys' or all that in programming, experience is just the separation. Programming langs nowadays are structured basically in the same way, being experienced in one , makes you a 'big boy' in programming. cos that knowledge can be applied in others. You may not be able to write their syntax, but you will contribute significantly with thumbs up from evry1.

@i-Guru,  choose whichever you want. But know that from general counsel, C# is easier to learn and code, and it offers better productivity. However, to you, C++ may be the simplest. Don't follow the crowd; Remember, it all depends on the brain capacity. Check out a few code samples of each of them, and learn which suits you the most. It's that simple. Good Luck. wink

1 Like

Re: Is C# Better Than C/C++? by iGuru1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2010
@franc
Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate.
Meanwhile, i do what you said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming / Read And Generate Barcode In C# / LET'S LEARN HOW TO CONTROL HOME APPLIANCES WITH SOFTWARE AND VOICE CONTROL!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.