Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Did You Make It In Life? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did You Make It In Life? (29911 Views)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / How Much Did You Save In 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by futurism: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2017
Mama4life:
Lost All I Made Thru Supplies Via Unwise Biz Decisions. I Would Like To Venture Into Web Design,programming And Other Genuie Internet Money Making Stuffs. I Am A Mother Of 4. Can I Be Self Taught In All These? What Are My Chances? I Am Open Advise.eunicethompson873@gmail.com
I love your zeal. Respect! God bless your kids!
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by starz100: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
pauljumbo:
I have not make it in life but am no more where I use to be before, at the moment I am taking care of myself with 3 kids in a comfortable apartment in the heart of Accra the capital of Ghana.

i made money by learning difficult stuff that people are looking for online and make youtube videos in a simpler form and share it on my blog for free at pauljumbo.com. The blog begins to get traffic after 4 months and i decide to sell some part of what I learned on my store pauljumbo store.

Today I make a minimum of 100$ daily using this model of sharing free contents and also help others online for free. with the money realized from my blog, I am now doing other businesses with my wife in Ghana.

if you are unemployed i will advise just learn any skill and start promoting it online don't waste time to argue in politic section of nairaland or other social platforms over politicians or entertainers. Always putting content online after some time people will notice you and money will start flowing.

Note nothing good comes quickly you can do menial job at the beginning just to survive but always pushing towards your future

Please can you drop ur email
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by pauljumbo: 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
starz100:
Please can you drop ur email

You can contact me here
https://pauljumbo.com/contact
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Ourown(m): 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
Mama4life:
Lost All I Made Thru Supplies Via Unwise Biz Decisions. I Would Like To Venture Into Web Design,programming And Other Genuie Internet Money Making Stuffs. I Am A Mother Of 4. Can I Be Self Taught In All These? What Are My Chances? I Am Open Advise.eunicethompson873@gmail.com

I think you can benefit from this thread. Fiverr is paying me, maybe you can make money there too.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Mama4life(f): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
futurism:
I love your zeal. Respect! God bless your kids!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Godsent12(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
saasala:
I have not made it in life until I become a billionaire in dollars.

Why did I say this?

My goal since I was in SS2 as a 16 year old boy who stumbled on Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad was never to proceed to higher institution after I learnt that becoming very wealthy or successful can not be gotten with certificates.

As at the age of 20 I already had 2 handwork: Bricklaying (Which I learnt from my father) and plumbing (enrolled as a plumbing apprentice and graduated cos of the passion I have for it) With this skill I was able to earn some income which I later invested in some internet business that fetched me something big. At the age of 22 I made my first million naira, had a registered business, an office with 2 other partners. We were doing strictly internet business. Online payment merchant, e-currency, made some money via Google adsense etc. At the age of 24 I became broke and lost my business, went back to become a burden to my bricklayer father,one of the partners betrayed me. I learnt the hard way and moved on.

At 24 I started learning programming, read and watched tutorials like my life would end soon while still doing some internet businesses. At 26 I started getting web jobs and things started getting better.

Now I am 30, I am building my own house, I have 3 sources of income. As an internet entrepreneur I have apps and websites that will soon make me a billionaire in dollars.

I didn't further my education. I have been inside of a higher institution just twice when I went to visit a friend and when I went to conduct a seminar. I didn't even pass my WAEC. I have helped students of computer science with their school project severally.

My goal since I was 16 has been to become a billionaire in dollars without going to school. So I have not made it in life until I achieve this.
Brother I like ur dream.God will help u achieve it in Jesus name.They always think that going to school,will make u rich.though u might b rich but not really okay with it,because u will b working undersomeone and b controlled.God bless u and ur dream.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by saasala(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Godsent12:
Brother I like ur dream.God will help u achieve it in Jesus name.They always think that going to school,will make u rich.though u might b rich but not really okay with it,because u will b working undersomeone and b controlled.God bless u and ur dream.

Thanks bro
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by promisedeco(m): 10:40am On Jul 21, 2020
IamaNigerianGuy:
I was going to pass but I decided to share my experience.

After many failures in business ventures, I went back to the drawing board. I realized I did not have the capital or connections to become very rich in conventional business (oil and gas, contracting, consulting, trading etc).
I was bored with my job; the only place it was going to take me was up the ladder of the civil service. That seemed to me like life lived on a minor note; there has to be more to it than that.
Yahoo yahoo was not an option: a 'G-guy' is just a thief. Going abroad seemed like a risk: the richest Nigerians live in Nigeria

I decided to venture into Information Technology.

This is one of the few areas like music and film where young people can make it on talent alone. Moreover it combines intense intellectual work with street hustle and business acumen. Not for me the life of a rich illiterate (apologies to illiterates)

I learned how to program. (Ruby - yay!)
It took 2 long years. I read the books, blogs articles. I watch(ed) the videos. I am still learning. I started my own tech company. I reckoned that to build a 100 million naira company in a year, I had to create value worth 274,000 every day (actually N273,972 . 60). I started working. Adding features, removing bugs, improving the user experience. Every. Brutal.Day. I have no social life, my free time is non-existent.
I work 18 hours a day. I think of my software when I am asleep.
My company is taking shape. I have a product I plan to put on the market in a few months. Beta tests indicate that customers like it. I don't have physical cash but I have an asset. When it gets to a 100million valuation, I'll aim for a billion.

Information Technology is the new crude oil. It is not the only way, but it is a good way. Nigeria is a greenfield. If you are creative, dedicated and very hardworking you can become a millionaire in dollars. You don't need government or a godfather.

Still on the journey, watch this space.
good morning sir. I'd love to speak/chat with you. looks like you've been where I want to be. I hope you reply me
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
promisedeco:

good morning sir. I'd love to speak/chat with you. looks like you've been where I want to be. I hope you reply me

Send me an email
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
promisedeco:

Hi I saw your email request buy did not get your the mail sent. drop me a message at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by empire02: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Following
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Tbilly(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
After reading this,I felt a new life
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Malory: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
IamaNigerianGuy:
I was going to pass but I decided to share my experience.

After many failures in business ventures, I went back to the drawing board. I realized I did not have the capital or connections to become very rich in conventional business (oil and gas, contracting, consulting, trading etc).
I was bored with my job; the only place it was going to take me was up the ladder of the civil service. That seemed to me like life lived on a minor note; there has to be more to it than that.
Yahoo yahoo was not an option: a 'G-guy' is just a thief. Going abroad seemed like a risk: the richest Nigerians live in Nigeria

I decided to venture into Information Technology.

This is one of the few areas like music and film where young people can make it on talent alone. Moreover it combines intense intellectual work with street hustle and business acumen. Not for me the life of a rich illiterate (apologies to illiterates)

I learned how to program. (Ruby - yay!)
It took 2 long years. I read the books, blogs articles. I watch(ed) the videos. I am still learning. I started my own tech company. I reckoned that to build a 100 million naira company in a year, I had to create value worth 274,000 every day (actually N273,972 . 60). I started working. Adding features, removing bugs, improving the user experience. Every. Brutal.Day. I have no social life, my free time is non-existent.
I work 18 hours a day. I think of my software when I am asleep.
My company is taking shape. I have a product I plan to put on the market in a few months. Beta tests indicate that customers like it. I don't have physical cash but I have an asset. When it gets to a 100million valuation, I'll aim for a billion.

Information Technology is the new crude oil. It is not the only way, but it is a good way. Nigeria is a greenfield. If you are creative, dedicated and very hardworking you can become a millionaire in dollars. You don't need government or a godfather.

Still on the journey, watch this space.
Good day bro. How are you doing and I hope your dreams have come to reality. I saw your post and felt happy for you. I wish you the best
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Malory:
Good day bro. How are you doing and I hope your dreams have come to reality. I saw your post and felt happy for you. I wish you the best

We're moving on ! About to raise funds from a VC now. Thanks for the thoughts
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Malory: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
IamaNigerianGuy:

We're moving on ! About to raise funds from a VC now. Thanks for the thoughts
All right bro. I wish you the best of luck.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Pussyfucker22(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
Please I want to join
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Pussyfucker22(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
Atigba:

If I tell you how I make it

Will you keep your mouth shut?
please show me ways

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Garment Factory In Cross-River Set To Open (photo) / Ibukun Awosika Appointed As The First Female Chairman Of The Board Of First Bank / Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.