Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement (513 Views)

Lady Recreates Photos Of Her Mother To Celebrate Her Mum's Birthday / Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement by MChaze25(m): 9:21am On May 17, 2017
The rate a which you see ladies do things their mum couldn't think of doing in marriage is getting alarming.
Even most single ladies would have fared better if they had maintained a closer relationship with their mothers and listened to them..
But women are their own enemies. Once most young girls attain the age of puberty, their mum becomes their first resentment. This is so wrong. Your mum being your first turn-off can spell doom for your future as a young lady who hasn't experienced life to know her left or right.
You don't underestimate age, wisdom and experience because you think your mum is "old-fashioned".
Did you know where she was when she took in or gave birth to you?
If she can tell you how to close your legs as a lady, what makes you think she can't teach you to do the right thing in marriage?
Except she has failed in her own marriage, every mum should be the daughters mirror or family vision.
Yes some mother's have their little faults but if she can live 25-30 years with a man and you couldn't stand 5-15 years with your husband, then you must be WRONG.
Am closer to my dad than my mum..that's masculine affinity and easy to understand because men quarrel, disagree and let go easily..
Find something good in your mother as a young lady and stick to it.
Yesterday I heard a girl saying on the phone that her mum can say all the rubbish she wants to say but that she will marry anytime she wishes to.
This is someone that all her close friends are married and her mum is concerned that she only comes back from the city every month for Ashebi.
She resents her mum for a vital advice?
Is it even wise to keep building castles for other people while you squat.. Not that she doesn't have suitors because I know her well.
I simply chipped in and advised her to please draw closer to her mum.
Jeez ..I hate resenting advice from elderly people easily..
What will even make me think I have known all?
You see daughters even in marriage resent their mothers advice on how to train their children well.
Let's not blame the mothers of the 1930-1980 for this stupid generation..
Let's start from the mothers from 1980- 2017.
Most of these ones disgust their mums because they know it all attitude is rife.
Honestly there is a missing link in the mother-to- daughter relationship of the 21 century.
How we wish our ladies will listen more..
Re: Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement by Nobody: 9:23am On May 17, 2017
cheesy
Re: Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement by dingbang(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2017
I think before judging ladies of 2017, we just need to address the main issue.. Some of our mothers don't know how to connect with their daughters. That is a fact.

Some of them just force their daughters to be righteous, or expect them to just be like them over night. That's not how it should be.

People who wish to start families now should go back and learn modern day parenting because the techniques that were applied in 1970 will never be applicable in these modern age.

To me, the problem is not from the daughters but their moms..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement by critic007(m): 9:35am On May 17, 2017
Very good topic. Thanks for this Op.

A child's attitude or character most times is simply a function of the quality of upbringing that he or she has imbibed earlier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement by MChaze25(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2017
dingbang:
I think before judging ladies of 2017, we just need to address the main issue.. Some of our mothers don't know how to connect with their daughters. That is a fact.

Some of them just force their daughters to be righteous, or expect them to just be like them over night. That's not how it should be.

People who wish to start families now should go back and learn modern day parenting because the techniques that were applied in 1970 will never be applicable in these modern age.

To me, the problem is not from the daughters but their moms..
The only part I agree with here is that mothers should get to know their daughters more..
Yes I discover most mums don't really know who their kids are..especially the ladies.
Which is why 90% of Nigerian girls pretend at the home front but become wild and free outside the family home..
As for the parenting, nothing good is ever old fashioned.. If so, then discard the old testament from the bible.
The old and new always have a synergy and role to play in every human life..
Fashion resurrects...its never a passing fad.
Nothing is ever useless to mankind.
If you ignore history, it repeats itself on you and makes you look the fool at most.
Re: Mother To Daughter Relationship:- Need For Improvement by MChaze25(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2017
critic007:
Very good topic. Thanks for this Op.

A child's attitude or character most times is simply a function of the quality of upbringing that he or she has imbibed earlier.
Exactly especially the stubborn and fool hardy character.. Only God will help this generation. Lolz

(1) (Reply)

Consequences Of Parental Negligence On Their Children / Can My Money Be Refunded / Operation No Carry Over 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.