Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines (9233 Views)

6 Simple Ways To Build Your Confidence / 6 Simple Secrets To A Stress-free Life / 6 Simple Life Hacks That Will Help You Succeed In Life And In Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Opinionated: 12:38pm On May 17, 2017
Work deadlines are set to ensure that you keep to time and give you a sense of direction at work. It is not to punish you. However, many of us grumble about deadlines because we find it difficult to meet them. This is not an excuse as you may be sacked or queried if you do not meet these deadlines. Clearly, you do not want this to happen to you. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares tips to help you meet your deadlines.

Keep a list of your projects

Every day when you arrive at work, you should write down all the deadlines you have to meet. You should start from the most important to the less important. As you meet each deadline, you should tick it off your list.

Care about deadlines

This is perhaps the first thing you should do. You have to take your deadline very serious. In addition, have it at the back of your mind that once you do not meet your deadline, you will be queried by your superior.

Break down the task

You can not perform an entire work at one swoop. Everything will be muddled up and you will end up not meeting the deadline. The rule of thumb is to take each task one after the other to make it easier.

Communicate clear deadlines

Whoever you are working with, ensure that you are in agreement with a particular deadline, including time of day to submit your completed work. If the deadline is unclear, you may find it difficult to meet it.

Send work immediately you are done

Do not wait until you have finished all your task before you send it to your client. As you complete each task, you should send it immediately. There is no need to delay. Of course, if you send it early, you will get instant feedback and if there is any correction or changes, you can make it.

Let them know if you cannot meet up

Do not keep mute if you cannot meet the deadline. Tell your client or employer your challenges and reasons why you cannot meet up. Possibly, the deadline can be extended. Importantly, do not make it a habit of asking for a deadline extension.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-simple-tips-beating-deadlines/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Rematic: 3:28pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by saintTim(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2017
Clean the line make new one sad

3 Likes

Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by drey08(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2017
hmm
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by spartan50(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2017
Informative... Thanks op
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by GIBT: 3:30pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by lonelydora: 3:31pm On May 17, 2017
Beating deadlines? One of my weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 17, 2017
Thanks OP
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by andriod(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2017
Ehhhhhh ..
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Princenovo(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by profhezekiah: 3:40pm On May 17, 2017
Which yeye deadline are U beating so if I gave U a work to build a bungalow for me in four day, U ll like to beat deadline,some pple will just sit and began to write trash,they forget this is Nigeria in Africa,what abt Nigerian factors that may stop U,Edo airline come in mind,beat deadline ko,flog deadline,please dress forward I wan mess
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Jerry557: 3:41pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by iluvpomo(m): 3:41pm On May 17, 2017
Solarchops:
Try us and see we beat all this deadline

Solar chops and barbeque

Order now

off all names, this is what you call your catering business?? Or were you in solar business before? cheesy
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by ekensi01: 3:42pm On May 17, 2017
drey08:
hmm
Question from your signature: Is it for free? the studing of course in europe.
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Agbafs2005(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2017
Pls come n try all dis tips for my working place.....shioooor....kolewerk
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by VcStunner(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2017
What is a deadline again?
Well I don't do deadlines mehn.. but I do enjoy the rustling sound she makes when she's passing by grin wink
When you know your onion, she will never bother you trust me.
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by davibid: 3:45pm On May 17, 2017
My candid advise is

Avoid procrastination and there will be no room for deadlines

smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 4:50pm On May 17, 2017
preyeini:
Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles 2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/SMS bellow

✅Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc..

✅*DAILY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
15GB @ 1000

✅*WEEKLY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
10GB @ 1000
15GB @ 1300

✅*[MONTHLY PLANS] 38days duration (Both day and night)*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
4GB @ 1000
5GB @ 1200
7.5GB @ 1,500
10GB @ 2,000
15GB @ 2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

✅*NIGHT PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
5GB @ 800
10GB @ 1000
15gb @ 1200

✅*Unlimited* @ 3000# 90days duration ( Available on all Netwrk)

Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc.. just Your Number Is needed... You should know that's this is data shared, no code, and it's not a cheat..
#GodBless You As You Patronize Us...

✅*Refer A Friend and Get 500MB as Compensation..
100% Sure and Reliable...

✅*These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/SMS.....
I will like to make transaction with you but how reliable are you?
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by GlobalWebHost: 5:03pm On May 17, 2017
Noted...good points!

Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by drey08(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2017
ekensi01:
Question from your signature: Is it for free? the studing of course in europe.
send to that phone number on whatsapp if interested
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by ekensi01: 5:18pm On May 17, 2017
drey08:
send to that phone number on whatsapp if interested
You no sabi anwser question at all. i am not using whatsapp just answer my question.
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by FANE4Naija: 6:33pm On May 17, 2017
profhezekiah:
Which yeye deadline are U beating so if I gave U a work to build a bungalow for me in four day, U ll like to beat deadline,some pple will just sit and began to write trash,they forget this is Nigeria in Africa,what abt Nigerian factors that may stop U,Edo airline come in mind,beat deadline ko,flog deadline,please dress forward I wan mess

Prof prof!!! Calm down. So we should be inefficient because we are "Nigeria in Africa"?
Allow him to write his trash like you've written yours and I'm writing mine.
The thing is, if we relax cos of Nigerian factors, we become inefficient and that in turn creates a cycle of Nigerian factors for all of us.
Re: 6 Simple Tips For Beating Deadlines by Ade3000yrs(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2017
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Aviation Scholarship. / Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man / An Unexpected Way To Stop People From Quitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.