Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria (101956 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues / Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Pick Up Online, / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by funmise007(m): 6:14pm On May 17, 2017
Mtchewwww since 2013 yet not ready and if it were to be voters card where they will need d citizen to cast there vote it would have been ready long before election.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2017
To think that the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan went to NIMC to register, and he got the card that same day! But ordinary Nigerians, na 6 years! Baskards!

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by fashrola(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2017
Registered since 2013... And today is 17-05-2017 lol

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by richinvestor: 6:45pm On May 17, 2017
I don get my own last month

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Zulu212: 6:53pm On May 17, 2017
Like someone up there said, it may be ready wen Jesus comes again...mine too said not ready....since 2013..this country is screwed..someone should just buy this country and settle us so everyone can go their separate ways or best still give us our beloved Biafra
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by kristian98(m): 7:18pm On May 17, 2017
RapportNaija:
The Nigerian Federal Government agency, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has a mandate to ensure all citizens of Nigeria possess a National identity (ID) card. There is an enrollment process in place where citizens of Nigeria can walk into any of NIMC centres to register for their National ID card. This National ID card is meant to identify citizens and to avoid illegal immigrants in the country.

What is a National ID card?

A national identity card is a portable document (which is a typically plasticized card with digital embedded information) that each resident or citizen of a country is issued and required to carry as a means of identification.

The NIMC has created an easy process for everyone who participated in the enrollment to check if their permanent plastic ID card is available. The way created to check for availability of National ID card for collection is a web portal.

Below are the requirements to check your card availability status:

1. Laptop or Smartphone (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.)
2. Internet connection (with enough internet data)
3. Full name (First and Last)
4. Last 6 digits of your ID number (remember, the number consist 11 digits and can be found on your Temporary ID card {paper printout}, 14673******)
5. Knowledge of internet usage

Now that we know the requirements, all we need to look at now is how to check your card availability status online. As soon as you finish this process, you will be notified if your National ID card is ready for collection.

Below are steps to check online:

Step 1: Visit this link --- https://touch.nimc.gov.ng

Step 2: Scroll down and click the button that says "Click to proceed" once.

Once you click that, you would be taken to a page where you will be required to fill your enrollment details into a form.

Step 3: The next thing to do is to fill in your details into the form. Correctly input your ‘First name’, ‘Last name’, and your ‘Last six National ID card number’.

Step 4: When you are done, click on the button at the end of the form, "CHECK NOW”, and your National ID card status will be displayed.

As you can see in the image, this card is not yet ready for collection, so that is how the notification message will be displayed.

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/05/how-to-check-nimc-national-idcard.html
bro this national id card tire me o. Just to get my temporary id slip is a problem. I am sick and tired of it and i have been waiting and they have always been telling me to come back later. It has also been a restriction to me in accessing certain services. The last time i went to check, one of their staffs called me asking me to pay 5k so that they will help me clear it and i will get the temporary slip. My greatest fear is that i don't know if the guy is a scam. Is there any way out of this? Am fed up!
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by SmartDonT(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2017
I read the headline three times and all I could see was "how to check if your Nairaland ID card is ready for collection in Nigeria", not until the fourth time! After a terribly hectic day at work today, my eyeballs now swing like a simple pendulum...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by segneyukk(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
since 2012, not ready....will it ever be ready, naija I hail thee...
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by gragraboy: 7:25pm On May 17, 2017
nerodenero:
Just checked and as expected, card is not ready. I hope it'd be ready before the second coming of Jesus Christgrin.

Can we ever get anything right in this country?
don't mind them... that 1 week they telling you to check back will turn to 1 year plus before you know it.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by tommenoh(m): 7:30pm On May 17, 2017
over a year and counting,and simple laminated card,can not yet be issued out to nigerians!!are being taken to the moon,for processing??
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by fynex(m): 7:36pm On May 17, 2017
RapportNaija:
The Nigerian Federal Government agency, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has a mandate to ensure all citizens of Nigeria possess a National identity (ID) card. There is an enrollment process in place where citizens of Nigeria can walk into any of NIMC centres to register for their National ID card. This National ID card is meant to identify citizens and to avoid illegal immigrants in the country.

A national identity card is a portable document (which is a typically plasticized card with digital embedded information) that each resident or citizen of a country is issued and required to carry as a means of identification.

The NIMC has created an easy process for everyone who participated in the enrollment to check if their permanent plastic ID card is available. The way created to check for availability of National ID card for collection is a web portal.

4. Last 6 digits of your ID number (remember, the number consist 11 digits and can be found on your Temporary ID card {paper printout}, 14673******)

Now that we know the requirements, all we need to look at now is how to check your card availability status online. As soon as you finish this process, you will be notified if your National ID card is ready for collection.

Once you click that, you would be taken to a page where you will be required to fill your enrollment details into a form.

Step 3: The next thing to do is to fill in your details into the form. Correctly input your ‘First name’, ‘Last name’, and your ‘Last six National ID card number’.

Step 4: When you are done, click on the button at the end of the form, "CHECK NOW”, and your National ID card status will be displayed.

As you can see in the image, this card is not yet ready for collection, so that is how the notification message will be displayed.

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/05/how-to-check-nimc-national-idcard.html

I have been checking for over a year now and it's still not ready... ..

How many years does it take to be ready cos mine is a year plus now.. ..still waiting

Is there anyway those incharge can be told to be fast in processing cos normally this shouldn't be more than 3months.

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Chikelue2000(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2017
nerodenero:
Just checked and as expected, card is not ready. I hope it'd be ready before the second coming of Jesus Christgrin.

hehehehe
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nature8(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2017
RapportNaija:

Cool
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 17, 2017
nerodenero:

I'm telling you.. I did my own national I.D since 3yrs ago.. Up till now, it is not ready yet.. My permanent voters card was stolen by dsame politicians.. They refuse to give it to me.. Nigeria and misplaced priority are like bread and butter..
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Queenhadassah: 7:58pm On May 17, 2017
I did mine in 2014 and I just checked and its ready but I still have to wait to receive a text message from nimc before I can collect the card. I wonder when that text message will come
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Queenhadassah: 8:00pm On May 17, 2017
kristian98:

bro this national id card tire me o. Just to get my temporary id slip is a problem. I am sick and tired of it and i have been waiting and they have always been telling me to come back later. It has also been a restriction to me in accessing certain services. The last time i went to check, one of their staffs called me asking me to pay 5k so that they will help me clear it and i will get the temporary slip. My greatest fear is that i don't know if the guy is a scam. Is there any way out of this? Am fed up!

Don't pay, its free. That person will only eat your money and u won't still get the temporary slip
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Queenhadassah: 8:03pm On May 17, 2017
richinvestor:
I don get my own last month

Did you receive a text message from nimc before you went to collect yours because I checked and mine is ready but they told me to wait to receive a text message from them before I can collect it.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by madgoat(m): 8:26pm On May 17, 2017
RapportNaija:

How can i change the details of my first and middle name?
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by richinvestor: 8:37pm On May 17, 2017
Queenhadassah:

Did you receive a text message from nimc before you went to collect yours because I checked and mine is ready but they told me to wait to receive a text message from them before I can collect it.
No..... I just walk in and show them d screenshot
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 17, 2017
RapportNaija,
Please I've lost the temp print out on transit.
What to do?
Although I received a text msg to collect it few years ago, but I couldn't make it to Lag.

I registered at Alausa in 2012 or 2013.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by yoged(m): 8:51pm On May 17, 2017
Won't even bother myself.. No be Nigeria we dey. Ordinary ID card, it'll take everlasting life to get it.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by holluphemydavid(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2017
OK Tanks
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Osezzua(m): 9:00pm On May 17, 2017
gud
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by suremanpatriot: 9:05pm On May 17, 2017
National id card indeed.All scamms ,obj did national id card, Jonathan enter scrapped it and did his own id card ,wht a disastavit of a nation. Philosophy of fool the ppl more than twice and let them surrender.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by berryice(f): 9:07pm On May 17, 2017
Dis country is useless..i did mine 2016 feb....uptill now no text message...nd d worst part is d temporary slip is useless..cos dey don't accept it when u wanna use it...is just a waste of time*hiss* undecided
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by TinaAnita(f): 9:08pm On May 17, 2017
When will the card ever be ready? Since 2013? This one na real wah!
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by bigsam1992(m): 9:33pm On May 17, 2017
Lawalemi:
What's the point in rushing to check again when it's always not ready since 2013.

urs is just 2013 while mine is since 2011
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by youngsahito(m): 9:39pm On May 17, 2017
senate won't seat abt this issue but only on increment in allowance.Nigeria is a zoo lyk my Biafra bro used to say
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by Mekanus(m): 10:03pm On May 17, 2017
My People don't waste your hard earned data in checking that card that will never b ready even in the next 10 years. I hate this country. .Bleep Nigeria.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by iphyjones(f): 10:25pm On May 17, 2017
Since 2014 card not ready.
Re: How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria by jamesbridget13(f): 10:25pm On May 17, 2017
Since 2013 august till today not ready. Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) / Nairaland News & Gossips / The Tallest Man And Woman Ever In The World (photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.