Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

House Representative Officially Requests The Impeachment Of Donald Trump! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / House Representative Officially Requests The Impeachment Of Donald Trump! (525 Views)

How The Impeachment Process Works (pictured) / Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce / Aftermath Of Donald Trump's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1)

House Representative Officially Requests The Impeachment Of Donald Trump! by uniquealdehyde(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2017
Donald Trump has been quite the "active" president so far — from destroying our healthcare to replacing the White House swamp with an oil refinery.

But after POTUS fired FBI Director James Comey, the man investigating his ties to Russia, then spilled top secret U.S. intelligence to Russian officials — well, that took the cake (the most beautiful piece you've ever seen) for some very upset congressionals.

Now, it looks like Trump's presidency might reach its climax prematurely (LOL) in light of his recent actions, as a House Representative has called for his impeachment!

On Wednesday morning, Rep. Al Green became the first member of Congress to officially request impeaching the Big Giant Peach.

The Democratic Rep. of Texas said it was the House's "duty" to take up impeachment, telling the House floor:

"This is about my position. This is about what I believe. And this is where I stand. I will not be moved. The President must be impeached. For those who do not know, impeachment does not mean that the President would be found guilty. It simply means that the House of Representatives will bring charges against the President. It's similar to an indictment but not quite the same thing."
Yes! Let's get this reality show on the road — and out of the Oval Office!

The request comes after news broke of Trump asking Comey to drop an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn back in February, a shady act that critics have called obstruction of justice.

While Green's statement marks the first official request, Democratic lawmakers have been calling for impeachment over the past few months, like California Rep. Maxine Waters.

No Republicans have publicly voiced support for impeaching the President yet — so we'll see if this request gets the majority of support it needs from the House of Representatives to go forward.

(1)

BREAKING: USA - Shooting At Congressional Baseball Practice - Majority Whip Shot / Edward Snowden: "Global Warming Is An Invention Of The C.I.A." / President Jacob Zuma Poisoned; Estranged Wife Suspected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.