Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware (14098 Views)

What Is Ransomware And How To Stay Protected / Google Algorithm 2017 & What You Should Do If Your Site Is Hit / New Wannacry Ransomware And How To Protect Yourself (A Must Read For Webmasters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by ephi123(f): 8:25am On May 18, 2017
masquellett:

You tried. But this alone is not effective in preventing randsomware! Also have two user accounts on your system with the same administrative privilege. Then. Randsomware only attacks screen. So once you login using your second admin password. Then go to registry to correct it. Then boot In safe mode

But what the malware does is to encrypt all the files in your hard disk so I don't think having two user accounts will help with this.
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Nobody: 8:41am On May 18, 2017
wawappl:
it must be Asian

I spent everything I earned doing business in Nigeria and Malaysia without getting desired results so who's owing who? Debtors are diabolical and desperate. Ask my late mother...
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Nobody: 8:44am On May 18, 2017
OgidiOlu3:
This NL is slow mehn. WannaCry ransomeware that has been stopped from spreading just dey make front page today. WannaCry affected over 200,000 computers (plus ATMs) in 150 countries.

WannaCrypt actually.
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by begwong: 9:18am On May 18, 2017
MediumStout:
grin First to comment. Thanks to Glo 4G network
TRY AGAIN!
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by dami2boi(m): 9:30am On May 18, 2017
masquellett:

You tried. But this alone is not effective in preventing randsomware! Also have two user accounts on your system with the same administrative privilege. Then. Randsomware only attacks screen. So once you login using your second admin password. Then go to registry to correct it. Then boot In safe mode
Please could you laid down the procedures on how to correct it through the registry.
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by wellmax(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2017
This virus is serious.

Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by kk4real: 9:42am On May 18, 2017
[quote author=coldcase post=56629486][/quote]

SCAM ALERT! DO NOT PATRONIZE!
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

WannaCrypt actually.

It's WannaCry/WCry/WCrypt. It has different variants.
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Nobody: 10:49am On May 18, 2017
this is what happens when wrong people learn how to code, they start making virus.
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Uchexxy(m): 11:02am On May 18, 2017
justi4jesu:
ok saw this email too.
199 countrues choii person bitcoin walker go Don dey clock 10k coins oo. chisos!!!
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Naijaaccountwiz: 2:19pm On May 18, 2017
wawappl:
it must be Asian
Its from Russia. I was attacked my only option was to reformat my system. Thank God it was the one with Info's I can live without
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by hemlock0(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2017
Guys in the house, how do i access a website as the admin?
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 18, 2017
Naijaaccountwiz:

Its from Russia. I was attacked my only option was to reformat my system. Thank God it was the one with Info's I can live without

Lol lol lol
It's not funny sha. I thought as much too. I presume you live abroad because here in 9ja it could be hard. I have reformed anyway. Let's see how it goes. The virus bad nor be small.
Re: Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware by Nobody: 1:03am On May 19, 2017
As of today my Android phone has been forcing me to turn on location repeatedly. It seems more like a brute force.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job / All Web Designers In Nigeria Are Amateurs / Nairaland Hits 3 Million Topics.(ScreenShot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.