Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" (583 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo: How To Retrieve Nigerian Stolen Millions From US Via Local Charm / How To Retrieve The Country's Money Hidden Abroad,oluwo Of Iwo Land To Nigerians / How Can This Present Generation Retrieve This Priceless "Ife Brass Head" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:32pm On May 18, 2017
Well, I discovered that Ife Brass Head which is the national emblem of the Nigeria Television Authority NTA was stolen or deceitfully obtained (taken without permission or exchanged with gun powder like some people suggested) since 1938 and I made a tread about it here . I went further to mail the British Museum asking the British Museum if there was any signed document for the procurement of the piece of artifact but before I do, my siblings were like saying "Do you know the implication of what you wanted to do, the MI6 might be on your tail blah blah bla" so i was further enraged and sent a mail, not satisfied with the content of the mail, I went to chat online with their rep to further elucidate my mail. I was direct in the chat, the transcript of which she (the rep) added to my mail.

My question was
"what is the modalities behind the procurement of your artifact"
"was their any signed document with the government which i doubted because there was no constitutionally elected government as at then"
"why wasn't the artifact released when we get our independence in 1960"

Note:
The British government is known for stealing from around the world,
They stole many works of Socrates, Plato and many other ancient Greek and Rome philosophers proof here
They stole works of ancient Egyptians and Sudanis there was a conspiracy of a bombing ancient library proof here
Can you even imagine stealing mummies? Yes they stole Egyptians mummies too proof here .

British government is fantastically corrupt!!!
Up to 80% of the artifacts in their museum were stolen between 1200 - 1900AD

Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 18, 2017
Interesting....
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:38pm On May 18, 2017
This is a precious statue of Queen Nerfartiti stolen from Egypt.

You can see the look on Angela Merkels's face.

Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:40pm On May 18, 2017
Inside this coffin is the remains of Queen Nefertiti in British Museum.

Somebody cannot even die and sleep in peace!

Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2017
An Iraqi man protesting inside British Museum

Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 18, 2017
Pardon me for asking this, but should they return the brass head, what are the guarantees that it won't be looted by someone who will keep it in their private collection, or that it won't be destroyed in one communual clash or the other?
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 18, 2017
Lalasticlala, what do you think?
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:52pm On May 18, 2017
Nine Priceless Artifacts British Museum Should return to their Home countries

From Syria, India, Greece, Egypt, everywhere they just steal.
Queen Nefertiti is a public icon who at her time of reign is like Queen of England of today.

Now imagine what will happen is a country, say Yemen steal the remains of the queen and display it in a museum.
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:56pm On May 18, 2017
igbodefender:
Pardon me for asking this, but should they return the brass head, what are the guarantees that it won't be looted by someone who will keep it in their private collection, or that it won't be destroyed in one communual clash or the other?

Sir, the Ife Brass Head is a national emblem, we have functioning museum all around the country, I've seen the one in OAU and some other institutions, it can't be so hard to maintain this artifacts, its a slap seeing a national emblem of a country lying in another man's domain, not just that, it was acquired illegally and till now, I bet many Nigerians never knew this piece of artifact is not within the shores of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 1:59pm On May 18, 2017
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by JideAmuGiaka: 2:03pm On May 18, 2017
You are not talking about returning our money in various countries na this babalawo Idol you won make dem return.
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2017
British Museum Protecting Stolen Syria Artifact Till When the War will be Over

A group of Syrian citizen requested for their stolen artifacts and the above is what the British Museum can come up with.
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 18, 2017
ManTiger:

Sir, the Ife Brass Head is a national emblem, we have functioning museum all around the country, I've seen the one in OAU and some other institutions, it can't be so hard to maintain this artifacts, its a slap seeing a national emblem of a country lying in another man's domain, not just that, it was acquired illegally and till now, I bet many Nigerians never knew this piece of artifact is not within the shores of Nigeria.
Not saying we shouldn't try to get it back, but would it have been as popular as it is if stationed in Nigeria? Just asking, because we need to think deeply about this.
Re: Re: How Can This Present Generation Retrieve The Priceless "Ife Brass Head" by ManTiger(m): 4:04pm On May 18, 2017
igbodefender:
Not saying we shouldn't try to get it back, but would it have been as popular as it is if stationed in Nigeria? Just asking, because we need to think deeply about this.
The Ife Brass Head is already popular, British Museum didn't make it popular, its is the logo of NTA and was recently used as a mascot when OAU hosted the NUGA games.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Emir Of Kano At #kanodurbar17 / What Do Yoruba/igbo Mums Feed Their Newborn/infants? / Cross Dresser Eva_minag Slays Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.