Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect (6718 Views)

NYSC: What To Expect When You Are Posted To Borno / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp / NYSC Orientation Camp Questions & Answers By Pcms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2017
This is my little contribution to help those posted to Ekiti state.
I remember getting off the the bus I took from Lagos at Ado the state capital. The journey from Lagos is about 5hrs to Ado and an extra 1hour to NYSC permanent orientation site. The journey wasn't a very friendly one as the major type of buses that ply that route were not the regular Toyota buses that I entered when going to school. These set of buses were extremely tight, without A/C. They were the height of discomfort. Back to the initial sentence. When I got off the bus, I decided to enter tantalizers in Ado since I wasn't sure of what to expect in camp. After I had my fill, I took a bike to Ise park, where I boarded a bus to the permanent orientation camp. My woes and dislike for the state started when I got off the taxi. The compound is fairly large with aged buildings. I quickly went for a bed space after that I got settled in, went to mami market and picked a few things i felt I might need. Once done, I got back to the room. The room is just one hall that isn't anything close to being big. We were 50 poor souls in that choked up room space, no fan and just one light bulb. By morning at about 4:20 am I was awake no thanks to the bugle. Being very reluctant to get up and prepare, I took to pressing my phone. A few minutes later some soldiers stormed in to the room and blew whistle like they were old British police officers. One looked at me sitting comfortably on my bed and asked me to get down (I got the up bunk)I started to gather myself and grumbled as I got down, he told me to go out the way I was. I begged to differ telling him I wasn't ready yet. He asked if I was his GOC(general officer commanding a particular division) my response was something I said in my mind. He did let me off with a warning anyway. The daily routine had started, wake listen to boring talk from one woman and the camp director. Life was hell. The swearing in ceremony training started for those who were interested or not. Everyone watched and remove headdress. After swearing in, activities started properly in camp. We were shared into platoons according to the last number of your state code number. Least I forget, registration in camp was very slow. I was pushed into parade which was the only thing I found eventful. The man o war drill was just another avenue for me to laugh at people's misfortunes. Camp started bubbling for those that cared about service, that was not the case for me as I was doing hourly count down which I presume was best for this type of situation. The songs sang by the man o war guys always left me wondering why I was there sef. Then the Mr macho and miss NYSC events still didn't make me care about camp. We did our parade competition and my platoon came out 3rd, this I felt was a luxury we weren't prepared for. Least I forget, the camp commandant Major SY Musa will always give jobs to serve if you do right or wrong. It's just his thing. the RSM is another person to watch out for. Camp activities gradually came to an end with the final event being the bonfire night. The next morning was POP. I got my posting and was glad I was next to the capital.
My advice goes thus;
1) don't carry too many things, the more you carry the easier you become father Christmas.
2) in Ekiti forget what most of those soldiers do. Wake up at your own time. The soldiers will eventually get tired.
3) the toilet will nearly kill you. It's even more horrible than I'm trying to make it look.
4) the meal is twice as bad. Buy lots of provisions.
5) don't ever wear your cap while eating in mami. You will serve mad job for it.
6) don't listen to people tell you they will work it. Most times it's not true.
7) if you want light ikere town is your best bet, it beats any of lagosians imagination. And it's next to Ado.
cool go with a torch light phone except you have #50 for every charge in mami. The rooms don't have no sockets.
9) soldiers will beg you drink, get close to a few of them. For your own safety.
10) don't go to camp on the same day, go a day or two after. That way your counting less.
11) leave bathing till after the morning drill.
12) when the boring lectures start is when your acting skills should kick in. Feign illness and always have drugs to take at a particular time. That way you can go back to the room.
13) there will be corpers in Ado selling things for you. Don't buy! Those things are even cheaper in mami. Especially bucket.
14) whatever you do in camp always take your time.
15) Ekiti is not really a bad place to serve but the camping experience might not be as generous as the state.
16) the list is endless just feel free to ask anything...
Written by batch B stream 1 corper serving in ikere. If you want number ask for it. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by lyleebabe30: 6:10pm On May 18, 2017
Please! Can i have ur number?
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by lyleebabe30: 6:12pm On May 18, 2017
This is mine ... 07065071140
U can flash me
I'll call u back... I need more info
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2017
lyleebabe30:
This is mine ...
U can flash me
I'll call u back... I need more info
I will.
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2017
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Yinn(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2017
My experience was fun I dare say. I was the goal keeper for platoon 7, 2016/2017 service year. My first week was miserable, couldn't que for the food in the kitchen because they haven't shared us into platoons and the que was too long. Got used to the food with time, mami drained me, thank God I had back up cash. The soldiers were mostly friendly, one Mr. Aigbe, platoon 7 commander was my favorite. Remembered the day a man o war guy slapped a corper, then corpers descended on the idiot only to be rescued by military personnel. The bath room and toilet was is non existent for guys, we bathed outside and shared three toilets to do the other things. I remember the big tree in the SAED ground (very comfy for sleep), the tree that spits in mami and in all, the last days of camp will make u want to stay.
I miss my guys.
By the way, my thumb that I broke in camp is still hurting, all in the disguise of getting posted to Ado or Ikere.
I'm currently serving in Oye local government, Ekiti state.
And I'm loving the place.
Welcome to Ekiti.
The Oshokomole state.
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by UnimkeAk(m): 11:33pm On May 23, 2017
Stormyweather:

11) leave bathing till after the morning drill.
12) when the boring lectures start is when your acting skills should kick in. Feign illness and always have drugs to take at a particular time. That way you can go back to the room.
Well said especially about the bathing , i remembered the first morning i tried bathing before the parade ... We were about 10 guys in one tiny bathroom, as u are trying to get ursef clean, someone is peeing on the floor, another is soaping himself with the foams splashing on u, some other guy is pouring water on himself , this also splashes on u... I came out feeling dirty.
Tot about it the whole morning, like was the essence of even bathing and then goin to sweat it out.
So after the morning parade i have the entire bathroom to myself while other corpers are going to hv bfast..

For the lectures i sleep through out the entire saed lectures no time

1 Like

Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 9:29am On May 24, 2017
UnimkeAk:

Well said especially about the bathing , i remembered the first morning i tried bathing before the parade ... We were about 10 guys in one tiny bathroom, as u are trying to get ursef clean, someone is peeing on the floor, another is soaping himself with the foams splashing on u, some other guy is pouring water on himself , this also splashes on u... I came out feeling dirty.
Tot about it the whole morning, like was the essence of even bathing and then goin to sweat it out.
So after the morning parade i have the entire bathroom to myself while other corpers are going to hv bfast..

lol, for the lecture ehn. I just used one medical reason to run, I turn actor o
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2017
Yinn:
My experience was fun I dare say. I was the goal keeper for platoon 7, 2016/2017 service year. My first week was miserable, couldn't que for the food in the kitchen because they haven't shared us into platoons and the que was too long. Got used to the food with time, mami drained me, thank God I had back up cash. The soldiers were mostly friendly, one Mr. Aigbe, platoon 7 commander was my favorite. Remembered the day a man o war guy slapped a corper, then corpers descended on the idiot only to be rescued by military personnel. The bath room and toilet was is non existent for guys, we bathed outside and shared three toilets to do the other things. I remember the big tree in the SAED ground (very comfy for sleep), the tree that spits in mami and in all, the last days of camp will make u want to stay.
I miss my guys.
By the way, my thumb that I broke in camp is still hurting, all in the disguise of getting posted to Ado or Ikere.
I'm currently serving in Oye local government, Ekiti state.
And I'm loving the place.
Welcome to Ekiti.
The Oshokomole state.
yes, that spitting tree tho. Made me know the state I'm in. Ekiti and fetish things sha
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2017
Ekiti kopas how far? When is your swearing in?
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 25, 2017
UnimkeAk:

wait, i have to share toilet with other grown ass men at dsame time

Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by sluvy4tune(m): 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Which reliable transport company can I use from ekiti to Portharcourt
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Ise-orun Emure. What To Expect by Stormyweather(m): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hey batch A2 safe trip on your way to camp. Remember to call me if you need assistance. 08068172042

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Customize NYSC Cap A Nairalander Made. / Benefits Of Serving With Ministries As Corp Member / Advice: Zenith Bank Career Through NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.