Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan (3889 Views)

The Virtues Of The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan / Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by obafemee80(m): 1:49am On May 19, 2017
The Muslim Ummah is agreed that fasting the month of Ramadan is obligatory, the evidence for which is in the Qur’an and Sunnah. Allah says:

O you who believe! Observing al-sawn (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become al-muttaqûn (the pious).” (Al-Baqarah 2:183)

The virtues of fasting are great indeed, and one of the things reported in the authentic hadiths is that Allah has chosen fasting for Himself, and He will reward it and multiply the reward without measure, as He says [in the hadith qudsi]:“Except for fasting which is only for My sake, and I will reward him for it.” (Al-Bukhari).

– Fasting has no equal (An-Nisa’i), and the du`a’ of the fasting person will not be refused (Al-Bayhaqi).

– The fasting person has two moments of joy: one when he breaks his fast and one when he meets his Lord and rejoices over his fasting (Muslim).

– Fasting will intercede for a person on the Day of Judgment, and will say, “O Lord, I prevented him from his food and physical desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.” (Ahmad).

– The smell that comes from the mouth of a fasting person is better with Allah than the scent of musk. (Muslim).

– Fasting is a protection and a strong fortress that keeps a person safe from the Fire. (Ahmad).

– Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allah, Allah will remove his face seventy years’ distance from the Fire. (Muslim).

– Whoever fasts one day seeking the pleasure of Allah, if that is the last day of his life, he will enter Paradise. (Ahmad).

– In Paradise there is a gate called Ar-Rayyan, through which those who fast will enter, and no one will enter it except them; when they have entered it will be locked, and no-one else will enter through it.” (Al-Bukhari).

– Ramadan is extremely significant in Islam; the Qur’an was revealed in this month, and in it there is a night that is better than a thousand months. “When Ramadan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are put in chains.” (Al-Bukhari).

– Fasting Ramadan is equivalent to fasting ten months (Ahmad). “Whoever fasts Ramadan out of faith and with the hope of reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.” (Al-Bukhari).

– At the breaking of every fast, Allah will choose people to free from Hellfire. (Ahmad).

http://www.the-faith.com/featured/spiritual-virtues-benefits-fasting/

7 Likes

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Nobody: 8:57am On May 19, 2017
jazakallahu khayran. Where are those small boys that fight for FTC?
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by iamoyindamola(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2017
jazakallahu khayran
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by 982ABU(m): 8:59am On May 19, 2017
Jakallahu khairan
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Ak47young(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2017
Nice write up
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by bablex01(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2017
obafemee80:
The Muslim Ummah is agreed that fasting the month of Ramadan is obligatory, the evidence for which is in the Qur’an and Sunnah. Allah says:

O you who believe! Observing al-sawn (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become al-muttaqûn (the pious).” (Al-Baqarah 2:183)

The virtues of fasting are great indeed, and one of the things reported in the authentic hadiths is that Allah has chosen fasting for Himself, and He will reward it and multiply the reward without measure, as He says [in the hadith qudsi]:“Except for fasting which is only for My sake, and I will reward him for it.” (Al-Bukhari).

– Fasting has no equal (An-Nisa’i), and the du`a’ of the fasting person will not be refused (Al-Bayhaqi).

– The fasting person has two moments of joy: one when he breaks his fast and one when he meets his Lord and rejoices over his fasting (Muslim).

– Fasting will intercede for a person on the Day of Judgment, and will say, “O Lord, I prevented him from his food and physical desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.” (Ahmad).

– The smell that comes from the mouth of a fasting person is better with Allah than the scent of musk. (Muslim).

– Fasting is a protection and a strong fortress that keeps a person safe from the Fire. (Ahmad).

– Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allah, Allah will remove his face seventy years’ distance from the Fire. (Muslim).

– Whoever fasts one day seeking the pleasure of Allah, if that is the last day of his life, he will enter Paradise. (Ahmad).

– In Paradise there is a gate called Ar-Rayyan, through which those who fast will enter, and no one will enter it except them; when they have entered it will be locked, and no-one else will enter through it.” (Al-Bukhari).

– Ramadan is extremely significant in Islam; the Qur’an was revealed in this month, and in it there is a night that is better than a thousand months. “When Ramadan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are put in chains.” (Al-Bukhari).

– Fasting Ramadan is equivalent to fasting ten months (Ahmad). “Whoever fasts Ramadan out of faith and with the hope of reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.” (Al-Bukhari).

– At the breaking of every fast, Allah will choose people to free from Hellfire. (Ahmad).

http://www.the-faith.com/featured/spiritual-virtues-benefits-fasting/
mashaallah may almighty allah reward us

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by kbshow100(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2017
Alhamdulillah
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by shagaman: 9:15am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
if you Muslim terrorist like ,put charm on evrey thread, i will still comment,now let's first ask the meaning of fasting, you Muslims dont fast,you wake up and consume satana that will take you had two day at 4 am ,and you say you are fasting, continue deceiving yourselves ,mteeeew

Why cant you be civil and sensible,this does not concern you why come online and show your stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by trigonometry: 9:16am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
if you Muslim terrorist like ,put charm on evrey thread, i will still comment,now let's first ask the meaning of fasting, you Muslims dont fast,you wake up and consume satana that will take you had two day at 4 am ,and you say you are fasting, continue deceiving yourselves ,mteeeew
who just exhibited the attributes of a terrorist now?.............. always not comfortable in a place where there is serenity and tranquility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by trigonometry: 9:22am On May 19, 2017
shagaman:

Why cant you be civil and sensible,this does not concern you why come online and show your stupidity.
the emptyskull went went ahead to believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger so that she can come and display her dumbness in an Islamic Thread................ funny how far these people can go just to exhibit religious bigotry. Judging from such attitude, who are the real Devils??
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Nobody: 9:22am On May 19, 2017
shagaman:

it concerns me because, this forum is for every one ,I don't see why seun will give prefrencial treatment to you dagger wielding monsters when you Muslims jump on every other thread freely,nonsense and ingredients

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Nobody: 9:38am On May 19, 2017
trigonometry:

the emptyskull went went ahead to believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger so that she can come and display her dumbness in an Islamic Thread................ funny how far these people can go just to exhibit religious bigotry. Judging from such attitude, who are the real Devils??
wanna talk about religious bigotry ,ask your blood sucking brothers who behead both Christians and and atheist for your blood sucking Allah, you monsters keep pointing one finger when the rest is pointing back at you, who needs the devil when descendants of usman Dan fodio walk the earth,blood suckers

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by shagaman: 9:41am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
it concerns me because, this forum is for every one ,I don't see why seun will give prefrencial treatment to you dagger wielding monsters when you Muslims jump on every other thread freely,nonsense and ingredients

Eeeyaaa,Your level of intelligence is highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by tijjanioyan: 10:02am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
it s because of oafs,dunce and intruders like you that compelled seun,to do so yet u stil gatecrash.

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by trigonometry: 10:16am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
wanna talk about religious bigotry ,ask your blood sucking brothers who behead both Christians and and atheist for your blood sucking Allah, you monsters keep pointing one finger when the rest is pointing back at you, who needs the devil when descendants of usman Dan fodio walk the earth,blood suckers
Nas the rapper said it already "hate what u cant conquer" Islam is here to stay like it or not. You will just kill urself b4 ur time if u dont give urself rest of mind now.............. calm down 4 ur own sake.

3 Likes

Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Nobody: 10:36am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Are you minding them ?! Religion of killers
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Nobody: 10:43am On May 19, 2017
trigonometry:

Nas the rapper said it already "hate what u cant conquer" Islam is here to stay like it or not. You will just kill urself b4 ur time if u dont give urself rest of mind now.............. calm down 4 ur own sake.
i can only hate blood spilling monsters who kill for Allah,terrorists and murderers for that blood sucking allah
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by trigonometry: 11:20am On May 19, 2017
frenzyduchess:
i can only hate blood spilling monsters who kill for Allah,terrorists and murderers for that blood sucking allah

my question is; what are u doing snooping around here for? this thread doesn't concern u, so why are u here? its not like we are killing or beheading people here.
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by teniboss(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2017
Assalamun alaikum brothers and sisters in Islam....please for the sake of peace which should be the watch word of a Muslim, always ignore such people when they show up, else the essence of every post will continue experiencing setbacks.....take for instance, everybody forgot the topic in question and is exchanging words with the strange but curious intruder....leave her be....Allah will definitely guide those who wish to be guided....Juma'at Mubarak to y'all
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 19, 2017
trigonometry:

my question is; what are u doing snooping around here for? this thread doesn't concern u, so why are u here? its not like we are killing or beheading people here.
you are brainwashing people here angry, so the y can go out o behead people
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by mubarak001(m): 12:27pm On May 19, 2017
Pls, when is Ramadan starting?
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by haywhyze(m): 1:12pm On May 19, 2017
mubarak001:
Pls, when is Ramadan starting?
By 26th or 27th of this month in shaa Allah
Re: Spiritual Virtues Of Ramadan by mubarak001(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2017
haywhyze:

By 26th or 27th of this month in shaa Allah

many thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Can Muslim Rid Himself Of Bad Attitude & Develop Good Attitude? / Were Muhammad (saws) And Ibrahim (as)'s Parents Infidel Or In Hell-fire? / Jibwis Build Beautiful Guest House In Abuja With Sallah Skin Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.