Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

JAMB: I Score Less Than 180, Can I Get Admission? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: I Score Less Than 180, Can I Get Admission? (2589 Views)

I Got 193 In JAMB I Want To Study Medicine In Uniport, What Do I Do? (pic / JAMB: I Need Help On Subjects Combination For Business Administration / Jamb: I Couldn't Attend To All My Subject I Scored 185 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: I Score Less Than 180, Can I Get Admission? by Bari22: 6:22am On May 19, 2017
Have you score less than 180 in your jamb UTME? If the answer is yes then my brother, be courageous naijinfos.com is here to guide you to the next vital step in your life.
Before going deep in this article let me tell you I'm once in your situation but that one is already a story now, i failed jamb, waec, neco in the same year and heaven did not fall, I'm now a graduate, the rest is a story. Such is life, her lessons go beyond that.
You failed jamb, that doesn't mean you are not serious, not at all, an average student experience this kind of downtime atleast once in His academic life. Such is called "destiny" Please tell your parent to give you another chance you can still correct this destiny.
The main purpose of this write up is to highlight you the next available options which if you try can partially or totally replace your failure in JAMB.
I score below 180 in JAMB, Can I get admission?
Yes you can still get admission but let me tell you my brother, cutoff mark of Nigerian universities is no longer 180, 180 is history, for you to get admission in Nigerian universities you need atleast 200 and above though it depends on the school and faculty, you may hardly find a university that can accept below 200 for now. So tell that your friend to stop celebrating his 193 marks, you are in the same feat for now.
Which school Can Accept my less than 180 mark?
(1) There are many private polytechnics universities and polytechnics which are willing to admit you even without JAMB UTME, you just have to check available one near you which your parent can afford to sponsor you. This option sounds real but I know many are from poor family therefore can not afford even private secondary school talk less of university or polytechnics, I'm coming to you.
(2) Remedial Course : My friend, one or two years are nothing in your academic life, because if you are not well prepared you may end up spending 6 years for 4 years course, instead of that you rather spend it in remedial course than waiting until next year to write another jamb, let me tell you unless if you are unserious a remedial student perform much better than direct entry student in a university. So you can give this a try, while your study is undergoing you can still write your UTME next year and there is high probability that you can pass.
(3) Try colleges of education and other diploma acquiring institutions : Even if you decided to wait till next year to write another jamb, you may still fail so why waiting? A wise student is one who can wisely adopt the proverb " if desirable is not available let available be desirable ". In this option also, you have a chance of writing your jamb while pursuing your NCE or Diploma. If you get admission then join the university if you still fail atleast you can escape with your NCE or Diploma Certificate. The funny thing is that there was one of my roommate who finish his diploma while he is in level one in a university. He follow the same advice I'm giving you now and he end up with degree and diploma certificate.
Apart from the above options, you can still try some state universities which has a low cutoff mark, if you are indegene of the state you may be given special consideration.
I hope this article will help all those people with questions like:
* I score less than180 in jamb can I get admission in a university?
* How can I get admission into a university with less than 180 in jamb?
* Which universities accept less than 180 jamb point?
*What can I do if I score less than 180 in jamb?
And many other questions like this one. Naijinfos.com wish you success in all your academic endeavours.

www.naijinfos.com/2017/05/jamb-i-score-less-than-180-can-i-get.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Most Applied Universities In Nigeria -school Gist Now / What Are The Requirements To Gain Admission In Imt, Enugu / Basic Things You Need To Bring Along To School As A Fresher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.